• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom Classic>Edit in PS: Long Delay+Erroneous Error Message opening Ps Beta 2024 25.0

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently updated Photoshop Beta to 2024 v25.0 on my Windows 11 machine.

Now when I try to open photos from LR 12.4 using the "edit in...", it hangs up for a time and then comes up saying "The file could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop 2024 could not be launched."

When I hit "Ok" it then opens the file in Photoshop 2024. 

This happens with every file, even if Photoshop 2024 is already up and running at the time. 

This does not happen with 2023 v24.7.

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Greetings all,

Lightroom Classic 12.5 released this evening.  If used in conjunction with PS Beta 25.0 or later, this erroneous error message plus long open wait time should be mitigated. Please install LrC 12.5 and make certain that your Beta is up to date.

If you do not see the update in your Creative Cloud Application, you can refresh it by hitting [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ].

Note: It may take up to 24 hours for your update to be available in your Creative Cloud app.

This thread will be

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 1160 Replies 1160
1,160 Comments
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

El día de hoy se actualizo el Photoshop Beta y la versión tradicional… Luego de esta actualización se me empezó a generar este mensaje cuando quiero abrir una imagen desde Lightroom Classic a Photoshop, en ambas versiones la beta y la tradicional. ¿Alguien más le está sucediendo?

Lightroom Classic V.25.0

Photoshop Beta V.25.0

Photoshop V24.7

Windows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR will not open photos in PS, PS opens but the image never populates, can drag an image to PS from LR but when done it does not save properly- rewrites over the original image instead of creating a new file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, just spend time on several images & it did not save my work - back to LR nor anywhere else. GRR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like PS just updated for me. It now won't open a file from LRC to PS, any fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem... But it also happens to me with 2023 v24.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my photoshop today and I'm having the same issue

HELP.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just returned from a short photo trip and have a large number of photos that need to be focus-stacked in Photoshop. Everything was working when I left on Monday, but today I get an error saying, "The files could not be edited because Photoshop 2024 could not be launched." I've tried everything I know to overcome this. I've:

• I've tried launching PS first before I try to send files from LR.
  • Rebooted
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled both LR and PS, ensuring that PS was reinstalled before LR.
  • I've reset my LR preferences.
  • I've also searched through this forum without finding an answer for why this is no longer working.

Does anyone have any ideas? (My computer and software details are below.)

Thanks!

Erik

------------------------------------------

Processor        AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor                3.70 GHz

Installed RAM        32.0 GB

System type        64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition        Windows 10 Pro

Version        21H2

Installed on        ‎2/‎8/‎2022

OS build        19044.3086

Experience        Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0

LR: 12.4

Camera Raw: 15.4

Photoshop: 24.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since last update I've had issues with images not opening up from Lightroom into Photoshop can someone please help!! Regards Bernadette

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest update, the "open as layers in photoshop" option doesn't work.  I get the following message: "The files could not be edited because Adobe Photoshop 2024 could not be launched".  The same thing is happening on 2 computers.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just experience the same. My "Edit In" in Lightroom has the same error statement.  After about two minutes, this error statement comes up, you click ok, and Photoshop finally opens the image. Has there been a fix or work around found?

Lightroom Error.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

idem sur macOS 13.5 iMac M1

modifier depuis LrC, modifier dand Photoshop béta 25.0.0, n'ouvre pas PS, je refermer PS,
Message 1 :
280723-2006__fb.jpg

Message 2 :280723-2007__fb.jpg

Puis PS béta s'ouvre sur l'image sélectionnée.
Merci de m'avoir lu.

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom when opening images in Photoshop w/Lr adjustments but with this lastest update I am unable to do so. Command-E still opens PS but nothing else, the image doesn't open.

Ps 24.7.0

Lr 12.4

Mac Mini M2 Pro, 16 GB, OS Ventura 13.4.1 (c)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, desde hoy estoy teniendo el siguiente problema, edito una foto en Lightroom , luego quiero seguir su edicion en potoshop ( como siemrpe lo he hecho) , al enviar la foto de lightroom a potoshop este no la abre , al cabo de un rato LRC envia el siguiente mensaje " El archivo no se ha podido editar porque adobe potoshop no se puedo ejecutar" , hasta ayer esto no pasaba, no he movido ningun parametro en ambos programas , los dos estan con la ultima actualización .

Alguien sabe a que se puede deber ? 

Saludos 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does not work. Lightroom does nothing for ages then say it can not open in Photoshop 2023, you click ok and i says Can no open in Photoshop 2024, you click ok and it tells you it is creating a PSD file it then opens that.
before the latest update (28/7/2023) this was not an issue. all you had to do was make sure the version of PS you wanted to sue was open then do CTL+E or edit with , and it would open image in what ever version of PS was already open

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

error message presents -  " the file could not be edited because adobe photoshop 2024 could not be launched

any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before latest update (28/7/2023, Generative Expand) CTRL+E would no longer open normal PS, it opened PS Beta. I got used to this and foud if you opened PS Beta first then CTRL+E (or Edit In) would send the image from LR to PS Beta. If you had PS normal (2023) open, it would send it to that.
This no longer happens. Hitting CTRL+E or using Edit with (even after setting the "Edditional External Editor" option to PS Beta Or in the main one choosing PS Beta, Lightroom does nothing for ages then say it can not open in Photoshop 2023, you click ok and i says Can no open in Photoshop 2024, you click ok and it tells you it is creating a PSD file it then opens that.
before the latest update (28/7/2023) this was not an issue. all you had to do was make sure the version of PS you wanted to sue was open then do CTL+E or edit with , and it would open image in what ever version of PS was already open

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem. I have a project I was working on and really wish I never updated today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only workaround for me so far is to install an earlier version. I installed Beta v24.7 and the regular v24.6 and have no issues in either. So revert if you can until there's a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I import my photos into Lightroom as DNG files. The advantage of this is that changes in LR are saved in the file as an internal XMP file. This means the work around (not ideal but the only option) is to do your LR edits then open Photoshop Beta and from inside PS Beta you then open the DNG file. This opens in Camera RAW in PS Beta with all the changes you made in LR. Then hit open in Camera Raw to do your PS edits. Fortunatly I only use PS Beta for the Genrative AI stuff and normally use PS 2023, so CTRL+E still (or has gone back to) opens image in PS 2023 so for most editing this is fine. Just that it would be good if the Altenative Editing option (right click Edit With) would be good to use, but any attempt to open (send to) in PS Beta from LR just does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to edit a file from light room by asking lightroom classic to open in Photoshop for editing. The image will not load. I rolled back to the previous PS beta and it worked again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you uninstall Beta Version 25.0 and Photoshop Version 24.7 first, then install the older versions, Photoshop 24.6 and Beta 24.7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me acabo de actulizar a la última versión de Photoshop Beta y ahora me da error cuando intento editar la foto desde lightroom, no me permite abrir la imágen y no se como irme a la versión anterior. Alguien que me pueda ayudar? Gracias. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that Lightroom Classic your using?

The photoshop 24.7 production version or 24.7 beta?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr Classic and no, not the beta. 
Funny thing is that LrC will open an image in Ps Beta. 

Votes

Translate

Translate