• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop Beta (BUG) Free Transform and Transform Selection no longer work

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repost from another forum post (I was told to repost over here).

Photoshop Beta, version 25.2 (latest)

Troubleshooting steps:
- I have uninstalled ALL adobe products, rebooted and reinstalled. Still same issue
- Reset prefrences on quit

Steps to reproduce:
1. create new project
2. Select Rectangular Marque Tool
3. Select an area on the page
4. right-click, and chose either Free Transform or Transform Selection

Jeff26889344mxrl_0-1699371219008.png

5. clicking and dragging on the handles does nothing, not even rotate works.

The only way to actually transform what you have selected is to change the values in the top bar, or by clicking on a vector (X:, Y:, W:, H:) and dragging.  Grabbing and dragging the box handles do nothing.

This works okay in Photoshop Beta 25.1 and the current version of regular, non-beta, Photoshop.

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Thank you @Jeff26889344mxrl we see this as well and will have the team look into it.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
88 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor, I appreciate your response. As i mentioned the right click menu is not showing in the screen recording but thats exactly what im doing. I believe it is a bug since it happened just after the latest beta update and not in 10 years of my career. Also the official version work normally, but i prefer to use the beta as the normal version have been always crashing randomly

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When placing a paragraph text, I can adjust the size of the area. But once it's placed ("Commit"), I double-click to edit the text, but I no longer can adjust the size of the area/box.

This started happening after the last update for Photoshop Beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Beta Version is: 25.2.0 20231101.m.2385. Constrained aspect ratio when sizing objects is no longer the default (I must hold shift key). This change is very recent and seems to correspond with the recent update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In PS (Beta): When I rotate a layer and enter Free Tranform mode, I am unable to use my cursor to drag and reposition the layer.  It remains locked in place until I press enter and exit Free Transform mode.  I have exited the program and tried different files.  This problem is reproduced.  I tried to reproduce the problem in PS 25.1, and did not encounter the issue.  I can rotate or skew a layer, and then drag and reposition with no issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of the 6/11/2023 release Photoshop Beta does not allow resizing any object (Image, Text, etc.).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that Free Transform is not working for you?

I am on Windows 11 and both versions appear to be working OK for me.

Are you seeing any error messages?

Are you able to use other functions like the brush tool?

When did this start, and does it correlate with an event like an update for instance?

If you can show us a full res screenshot of your entire workspace showing image and layers panel, that might be helpful.

You need to give us a lot more information for us to stand a chance of working this out for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't duplicate that on my Windows 11 system.

Can you give us more information like when this started?

A full res screen shot of your workspace showing the layers panel would probably help us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor, thanks for responding.

Precisely, the error appeared after updating Photoshop Beta 25.2.0 (06/11/2023).

I thought there was no point in a screenshot because you can't see the error (resizing an object with the free transform tool), I'm attaching a screenshot anyway.

I'm using Windows 11, it's the first time Photoshop beta has shown a bug.

Again, thanks for replying.

I hope it can be solvedCapt.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can tell you is that it is working OK for me.  The aspect ratio is maintained without shift being held down.  I can change the aspect ratio when shift _is_ held down.

What have you tried to fix it?   Resetting Preferences seems to be a first step with beta issues.  I hat e suggesting that on the full release version, but Cory, the Adobe guy who works this forum, is giving that advice with a lot of his replies.

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did all that when I was trying to figure out why I can't use the mouse on the nodes.

Seems there's an Adobe issue here, hope they fix it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lorsque l'on sélectionne le texte (texte surligné) dans son champ, on peut normalement intervenir ensuite sur la taille du champ. Faire de la place pour les lignes du dessous, on bien ajuster le champ au bord du texte.

Dans mon cas, une fois le texte surligné, cette fonctionnalité ne marche pas toujours. Des fois oui, des fois non alors qu'aucun autre paramètre n'est changé/modifié entre temps, mis à part peut-être la position du texte sur l'image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je précise que, bien sûr, si le texte n'est pas sélectionné avec l'outil texte, mais avec l'outil de transformation, là il est possible de modifier le champ mais sans conserver les proportions du texte. Cela le déforme. Et ça c'est normal.
J'ajoute que les boutons de rotation du texte ne fonctionnent pas non plus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Beta

Version: 25.2
Windows 11 Pro: 22H2
When the layer is selceted and i click and drag with transformation tool it works, but when i let go of selection (not deselecting layer) it stops working completly, and i can only choose cancel or done option. It doesnt allow me to use transformation tool again. I have to deselect layer, then select again and then drag the edges again.

I have tried to reinstal photoshop, and to also reset prefrences bu nothing helped to fix the issue. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That happens to me too with the new update of PS Beta 25.2. I tried to reinstal and also to reset preferences, but those didnt help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem

Show Transform Controls (check), select object, scale object by dragging a corner handle, I cannot perform another transform action such as rotate unless I deselect the object (by clicking off) and then reselecting the object.

In previous versions of PS and PS Beta, I've used the Transform Controls to scale, rotate and scale some more all without deselecting the object.

I just updated to m.2388

Windows 10, PS Beta m.2388

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Jeff26889344mxrl we see this as well and will have the team look into it.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue where when I select an image or object on any layer with the move tool and resize or rotate it, as soon as I let go of the mouse button, it locks it in place, so I can't make any further adjustments (rotate, move, resize, etc.) until I click the done button that pops up underneath it. The image locks in place, so I need to click the freaking done button every time I make any adjustments. I am beyond frustrated with this. How do I turn this off?!

Photoshop Beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed 25.1 version and it doenst have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this bug with transform tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no clue what's happening, but as of yesterday (Nov 7, 2023) images are opening in a very distorted view. It looks like a 1:30 ratio. If I stretch the window, the image will stretch with it, but then I can't work on the image because it's off of what it thinks is the normal size.  I can't transform at all. I can't use the lasso tool.  I tried to do a screen grab to post with this, but I can't even do that because I can't adjust the screen grab in order to save it. It's 100% unusable right now after the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here with the beta version of Photoshop. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it hasn't changed anything. Quite frustrating, as I just started paying for Photoshop this month, and it's completely disrupting the flow of my creations. 

Photoshop Beta, 25.2.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it might be the new version problem, i went back to 52.1 and it worked normally

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are to the second or third update 25.2 now.

Adobe Photoshop Version: 25.2.0 20231104.m.2388 fdf2b8a x64

I have seen some display issues with recent beta versions, that were fixed with Deactivate Native Canvas but I don't remember seeing other threads with what you are describing.  What Cory, the Adobe engineer, who is following this forum is telling a lot of posters is to do a manual Preferences reset.  We have to remember this is a prerelease version and there are bound to be issues, and it does seem to get into a tiz a lot more often than the full release.

So try this for a start, and let us know if it fixes your issue.

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i have tried to delete them through shortcut, manually and through prefrences and also to deactive native canvas. Didnt help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same bug in two different situations:

1. Transform selection is stuck and cannot operate on the square corner handlers by mouse. Only changing values of widht/height or position by numbers in upper contextual menu sorts effect

2. After placing a text area, when i come back and try to modify it it is stuck and there is no way to modify it.

Only trying to "Reset Tool", sometimes, but not always, it restart to work properly. But after that it restart to misbehave

Votes

Translate

Translate