• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop Beta (BUG) Free Transform and Transform Selection no longer work

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repost from another forum post (I was told to repost over here).

Photoshop Beta, version 25.2 (latest)

Troubleshooting steps:
- I have uninstalled ALL adobe products, rebooted and reinstalled. Still same issue
- Reset prefrences on quit

Steps to reproduce:
1. create new project
2. Select Rectangular Marque Tool
3. Select an area on the page
4. right-click, and chose either Free Transform or Transform Selection

Jeff26889344mxrl_0-1699371219008.png

5. clicking and dragging on the handles does nothing, not even rotate works.

The only way to actually transform what you have selected is to change the values in the top bar, or by clicking on a vector (X:, Y:, W:, H:) and dragging.  Grabbing and dragging the box handles do nothing.

This works okay in Photoshop Beta 25.1 and the current version of regular, non-beta, Photoshop.

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Thank you @Jeff26889344mxrl we see this as well and will have the team look into it.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
88 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for the past week or so I have randomly been unable to resize my paragraph text box after the initial creation. (while in Type mode, not trying to stretch in transform)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue-- this is slowing down my workflow and I've had it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is actually driving me insane. Can we please get this fixed? It's been a week...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue where when I select an image or object on any layer with the move tool and resize or rotate it, as soon as I let go of the mouse button, it locks it in place...

Photoshop Beta

By @LCS Marketing

This is a known issue in Photoshop Beta and the developers are aware. I have moved your post from Photoshop to the primary thread on the Beta forum.

Is it also an issue for you in the released version of Photoshop?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Im using Photoshop beta 25.2  (Windows 10 pro)(NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060) (Intel(R) core(TM) i7-9700k)

If i open file have some problem, i can't reszing all file

its happening only 25.2, if i using photoshop beta 25.1 it is working

Can you check this problem?

[Mod: Moved to the Photoshop Beta forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean 25.1 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 Photoshop  beta

2 Geforce gtx 3060

Bug - Dragging does not work properly in Photoshop beta 

Stretch and warp tools not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transform still the same in 25.3 it does not respond when transform is selected its been bugging me for a few weeks now and i see others have the same issue and also in mask mode i see weird stuff going on in there too s when things are highlight ant trails and go into mask mode i get part of the original any trail copy showing .... please adobe get your act together ... for a paid product beta or not it should working like it was in say a person mentioned 25.1 ... which is where im heading to now to see if jumping back a few updates fixes these problems 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I resized an object, I can't move it without applying transformation. And when I move an object, I can't resize it without applying changes first.

They are not working together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the point of updating beta 25.2 to 25.3 when the problem persists? Beats me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using Photoshop Beta,

since yesterday free transform option working well without any problems but today all of a sudden I can't do it. when i try image for the first time working well, but only once. When I click somewhere other than the image and then click it again, it won't let me move, transform, or resize it.

When I do it with Ctrl+T, it lets me do it but only once. Then I need to click somewhere outside of the image again and then click again and ctrl+t to resize or move it Once again and it goes like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix in progress. Thank you for the report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I figured out a pattern on when I can re-size my text box and when I cannot.  It seems as if when I click directly into the text with the text tool it will let me resize.  However if I double click on the layer to make the text editable then it will not let me resize

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They just updated so it might be fixed (im updating to 25.3 right now) but it seems only right click function doesn't work, the menu options still work for both of those commands if you go through the top menus, also the corresponding menu keyboard shortcuts work as well like ctrl+t (only right click options aren't working).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not fixed yet. I'm hoping to get the fix in by mid next week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you comment on which tool is selected when you do this, and how you initiate the transform command? And are you holding down the control key to select and move the object after resizing it? This latter behavior can be affected by the "AutoSelect Layer" setting on the Arrow (Move) Tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why my comment was removed... but as i said, you can get the functions to work through the regular menus (edit>free transform or select>transform selection) when the right click functions aren't working. For people who are stuck because of this, it may be helpful to know they can still work using this workaround rather than assuming the functions are broken and impossible to work with until the bug is fixed. There is no working once and it breaks again as some have reported issues of being able to make one change and then it's locked again. Make your selection and go to menu>select>transform selection and you can drag it all you want over and over, same with using menu>edit>free transform. If my comment is deleted again, it would be nice to know why since this seems like it could be very helpful for people who think their workflow has been halted (or if they don't want to have to go to regular PS with different history/recent files/etc just to get a couple tools to work).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(after posting again, my first post appeared, didn't intend to double, and now triple post, maybe was a cache issue and wasn't showing an updated page until i left the new comment)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it solves the issue to use the menu and not the right click. Thank you for the temporary fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Adobe Team,

Free Transform from menu Edit (Ctrl+T) working well,

but Free Transform Control are not working properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've been having an issue for about 10 days. I cannot transform, scale, rotate or move or warp any object, any layer. It doesnt work both in Photoshop and Photoshop Beta.

Need your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue as well. Except it's on the main 25.1 release. Only started happening after updating. What is the fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Busra.  I think you are talking about a known bug that Adobe know about and are working on.  Check this thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Olá... versão Beta do PS na ferramenta M ( seleção )

Quando cria seleção e clica com botão direito do mouse... e escolhe a opção no Menu > Transformação Live  ou Transformar Seleção ( fica desativado para redimensionar a seleção )

Na versão PS do v.25.1 funciona normal

Att. Ernani

Votes

Translate

Translate