• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: PS Beta 25.4: Pen tool: Option/Alt shortcut key

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have encountered some difficulties with the pen tool in Photoshop 25.4. Since the latest update, the pen tool does not work as it should. For instance, when I try to remove an anchor point, the convert point tool does not switch on automatically. Also, the eyedropper tool appear when i press ALT button. These problems are affecting my workflow and productivity. I would appreciate any assistance or guidance on how to resolve this error. Thank you for your time and attention.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

This issue was fixed. If you still have an issue similar to this please start a new thread and give the team the details.

Thanks,

Cory - Photoshop Product Manager

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 233 Replies 233
233 Comments
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2023 Dec 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick access to the tool stopped working while working with the pen, when pressing the Alt key, for some reason the eyedropper comes out instead of the "Corner" tool... I can't find where this can be reconfigured.

By @Photopew

Hi Pew.  This is a known issue and undoubtedly being worked on.  Least ways it would have been accepts it's Christmas.

The Full release version does not have this problem, so you have that option if the Alt/Opt shortcut is a problem for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I switched to v.25.3. No issue with it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to disable the color picker activation when pressing the Alt key while using the pen tool. Previously, I used to press the Alt key to cut the pen tool in order to draw straight cut lines smoothly. However, after the last update, when I press the Alt key, the color picker activates, and I can't perform the cutting action. How can I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same issue in the non-beta Photoshop.
I updated that at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when editing the spline using alt, i just get the eyedropper tool instead. seems to be working in the non-beta version of PS

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I figured after reading other had the same experience on both platforms. I installed Photoshop 24 instead (non-beta) and everything works perfectly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Convert Point tool (alt) when using (p) pentool isn't working? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead it is showing eydropper tool? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When creating a path I would press the option key to add handles or remove handles from a point on the path. In the latest version of the BETA 25.4.0 while pressing the option key it changes to the eyedropper tool. If a point has handles to make a curve there is no way to convert that point. I have to delete the point and add again. In the latest standard version of Photoshop 25.3.1 I do not have that problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never used the alt key as a shortcut to choose the eye dropper tool and when using the pen tool, I've always used it to move around my anchor arms without affecting the other side. Now all of the sudden it's bringing up the eye dropper when I try to move the arm and I can't figure out what key does that now or how to stop it and go back to the way it was so it works the same way as illustrator. And googling this has only resulted in people that WANT the alt key to bring up the eye dropper. I'm not sure when or how this changed but what can I do to put it back? I'm using windows. TYIA!

janee_0-1703106794373.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@khark710 

The Alt key is a shortcut for Convert Point tool (hidden behind the Pen tool), but if you are using the Direct Selection tool, you need to use Ctrl+Alt. 

It took me a minute to figure out what you meant by "anchor arms" and Google didn't help. Adobe calls them Direction lines (and Direction points). 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/editing-paths.html

Did this just start? If it did, try quitting and relaunching, or even switching tools, then switching back to the Pen tool. 

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting the same issue. Also when you using the shape selection tool, you cannot duplicate the shape by press the alt and drag the selected shape any more.  If you are in the rectangle shape tool, you cannot use alt to change the roundness of individual corner.  It seems like all the functionality on the alt button changed to color picker only.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane, it's a known issue with 25.4 beta, and a ton of people have asked about it.  25.3.1 full release still works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Trevor. I don't see where @khark710 said she is using Beta, but we can move her post.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

使用photoshop beta 鋼筆工具,在拉曲線時要截斷節點,按alt卻變成吸色工具

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hah!  This is the current position on the beta forum's page 1.  This has to be some sort of record.  Corry should pin a 'Be Aware' thread to the top of the forum, although I don't supoose any of these posters would read it before starting yet another thread on the issue.   There are at lease four similar threads on page two.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2023 Dec 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Mac drag the handle with Command key down

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,
Depuis la dernière mise à jour Beta, je n'ai plus le même contrôle sur mes points lors d'un tracé à la Plume. Une fois les traits placés, je pouvais facilement modifier l'inclinaison d'une corbe d'un seul côté d'un point en maintenant la touche alt. Ce qui me permettait d'utiliser l'outil de conversion de points.
Hors ce raccourci ne fonctionne plus et ma souris devient une pipette maintenant... Ce qui ne sert à rien lors d'un tracé.
Que faire ? Mon logiciel est à jour, je l'ai redémarré mais toujours pareil.
Je détoure énormément d'objets dans un cadre professionnel et je perds beaucoup de temps à devoir modifier mon curseur manuellement dans le menu vers l'outil de conversion de points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, when clikcing ALT (PC version) with the Pen tool the Eye Dropper is showing up instead of the tool to allow me to disengage my stretch / rounded edge feature.  Please see here. https://d.pr/v/j0WIsY

It is not happening in the released Photoshop 2024 version.  Thank you for looking into this.

Bests regards,
Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is aware of the issue and is working on a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meantime you could use the production (non beta) 25.3.1 photoshop version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meantime you could use the production (non beta) 25.3.1 photoshop version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop Beta 25.4.0, when using the PEN tool, the Alt/Option keyboard shortcut should give the Convert Anchor Point Tool, but it gives the Colour Picker instead. It should give the Colour Picker when the Brush Tool is being used (which it does). I'm running Mac OS 13.5.

This bug was not present in previous versions.

Regards,

Colin Thomas

colin@colinthomas.com
http://www.colinthomas.com
020 7736 0060
07956 377230

Votes

Translate

Translate