• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: PS Beta 25.4: Pen tool: Option/Alt shortcut key

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have encountered some difficulties with the pen tool in Photoshop 25.4. Since the latest update, the pen tool does not work as it should. For instance, when I try to remove an anchor point, the convert point tool does not switch on automatically. Also, the eyedropper tool appear when i press ALT button. These problems are affecting my workflow and productivity. I would appreciate any assistance or guidance on how to resolve this error. Thank you for your time and attention.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

This issue was fixed. If you still have an issue similar to this please start a new thread and give the team the details.

Thanks,

Cory - Photoshop Product Manager

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 233 Replies 233
233 Comments
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest Photoshop Beta Version. Recently I am noticing that the pen tool is not toggling to convert tool using the alt key.  I dont know what is the reason. I tried reinstalling photoshop Beta. But didnt help. Please help me solve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Soham34390521nycc wrote: I am using the latest Photoshop Beta Version. Recently I am noticing that the pen tool is not toggling to convert tool using the alt key.  .... Please help me solve this.

This is a known bug in the beta version and Adobe is aware. The beta version is for finding and reporting bugs to the product team. The fix is to use the released version.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Na versão 25.4 tá acontecendo um erro ao utilizar a caneta, após fazer um ponto e clicar na tecla ALT para ajustar a direção o programa está ativando o Conta-Gostas. Outro problema é que também não está dando para arrastar um objeto (imagens, textos, etc...) de um documento para o outro.

minhas configs:
i3 911f
gtx 1650 supper

16gb RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of today, updated to the latest version and got this unwelcome bug. Having to switch to main branch until this is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I can't use the latest versions of Photoshop because the hand tool doesn't work correctly. The last stable version I have is 24.0.
I used to work in the beta version, which is also not perfect, but more convenient for me. I updated the beta version to 25.4, and here it is impossible to use the pen, because when I press alt, instead of adjusting the curve, the eyedropper is turned on.
I beg you to fix this, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. So frustrating and time-consuming. My workflow is ruined. Please help!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Guillo3465188619um wrote: Same problem. So frustrating and time-consuming. My workflow is ruined. Please help!!

The bug is only in the beta version, as it says throughout this thread. Use the released version.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, 

Depuis la version beta 25.3 (et 25.4) de Photoshop beta, quand j'utilise l'outil plume et que j'appui sur la touche "alt" pour pouvoir supprimer/ajouter une poignée à un point d'ancrage (photo en pièce jointe), j'ai l'outil pipette qui apparait à la place de cette option liée à l'outil plume.
Sauriez-vous me dire s'il s'agit d'un probleme lié à la derniere version de photoshop beta ?
Car j'ai réinstallé l'ancienne version beta 25.2 pour tester et l'outil plume refonctionne correctement donc je ne pense pas à une fausse manip.
Merci d'avance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the exact same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didn't fix issue also with latest update

Screenshot (72).pngScreenshot (73).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to download previous version of this? I can't find the app in my creative cloud under all apps to click the 3 dots

I'm on a mac. If this is such an issue why did i get a popup this morning to update this app. They could have pulled the update for people who hadn't updated already...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Adobe PS Beta: The Pen tool was not working properly when we first pressed the alt button to move the anchor point node back and forth Now it is not happening The Color pick tool is coming Please fix this problem Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DanWSS wrote: Is there a way to download previous version of this?

No, you can't download previous versions of the Beta. The purpose of the beta is for finding and reporting bugs to the Photoshop team and it doesn't help them if you are not using the most current version that has been updated.

This bug is only in the beta. You can update to the new version that you just got a notice for OR you can use the released version, which does not have the bug.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, sorry, I didn't realize I even had the beta open since I have both installed. I tried to search first but I'm apparently calling them things that they aren't lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had an update yesterday that didn't fix it, although it did fix the dragging a layer to another open document issue.  It'll come, and the full release version does not have the problem.  For me, the beta version remains unusable until they fix the Pen tool Alt/Opt Eye Dropper issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tengo un problema parecido con la pluma en la version BETA
cuando hago una curva y necesito quitar el punto de ancla que se genera al estirar el mause, preciono ALT para quitar ese punto de ancla y seguir haciendo nuevas curvas, pero en vez de quitarse con ALT me sale el el cuentagotas y no necesito tomar ningun color , necesito quitar el punto de ancla que quedo derecho 
porque quiero hacer otra curva.

hice un video de mas o menos lo que sucede
https://youtu.be/GGEfz2lxBBA

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

¡Hola, tengo un problema al cortar los nudos de la pluma!

Estoy desde un Windows y cuando estoy siguiendo un trazo curvo y voy a cortarlo, por lo general utilizo ALT para cambiar a eliminar el punto del ancla, pero ahora me sale la herramienta cuenta gotas y cuando coloco él menos en el teclado, no me corta el punto, o sea no puedo cortar, no sé si solo a mí me está pasando, pero me desespera esta situación porque no me quedan los trazos bieen!!!!

Alguna ayudita!! :C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WRONG! You can install a previous version of the beta through Create Cloud apps. Open Creative Cloud and go to Beta apps/Photoshop (Beta), click the three dots to the right, click "Other versions", install Photoshop Beta 25.2. Beta 25.2 does not have this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Creative Cloud and go to Beta apps/Photoshop (Beta), click the three dots to the right, click "Other versions", install Photoshop Beta 25.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So glad you amended the 'WRONG!' bit in you reponse, it read very 'wrong!' Thanks for the advice though, it's a good interim fix even though I've had to move my workspace around to aviod the annoying "Time to Update" box... unless anyone know's how to get rid of that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is translated text:

Hi, I'm having a problem cutting feather knots! I'm from a Windows and when I'm following a curved stroke and I'm going to cut it, I usually use ALT to switch to remove the anchor point, but now I get the dropper tool and when I put it minus on the keyboard, it doesn't cut the point, I mean I can't cut, I don't know if it's just happening to me, But this situation makes me desperate because I don't have the right lines!!

I'm not sure what you're struggling with. You can use the Pen tool to convert an anchor point by holding down Alt. If you enable Auto Hide/Delete in the Options bar, you can delete an anchor point by moving the active Pen tool over it, without any modifier or shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can remove that temporarily by selecting the clone tool, clicking into your document (with no layer selected), which gives you an error...move that error pop-up over the orange box and click "OK"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mark Ithell It helped me to minimize the program and then expand it. I don't know how long this reminder was gone for, but for now the reminder is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate