Image panel breaks up on resize

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 25.2 beta 11/6/2023

Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview Build23580.ni prerelease 2131027

Steps to reproduce:

Open an image in a fairly large window say 80% of my 4k screen.

Unlock the background to edit.

Add a color fill layer mask

Use the brush tool to reveal a portion of the image.

Resize Photoshop to make a smaller window I can then copy into the clipboard.

Expected result: a smaller image

Actual result: a broken image.

TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Reading your post again, and you say you can copy the glitch to the clipboard?

What do you see if you save the image from Photoshop, and view it in another app like Windows image viewer?  I would expect the glitch to have gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a display issue and to do with your GPU/video card driver.

In 25.2 we still have the option to Deactivate Native Canvas, so give that a try and restart Photoshop.

But ether way, make sure your video card driver is up to date, and from the card maker's website (not a generic Microsoft driver).  If none of this helps, go Help > System Info > Copy, and paste to this thread.

image.png

BTW, where do you live?  We have Strelitzia (Bird of Paradise) in our garden (top of the New Zealand South Island).

image.png

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reading your post again, and you say you can copy the glitch to the clipboard?

What do you see if you save the image from Photoshop, and view it in another app like Windows image viewer?  I would expect the glitch to have gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis 

Thank your for the prompt response.  The Deactivate Native Canvas checkbox did the trick. 

Thand you for the photos.  They are very fine indeed.  I particularly like the one with two blue spikes.  I have never seen that.  I live in Irvine, California.  My photos of the birds were taken on Sunday 11/4/2023 2:45pm with my Sony FX-30 on full auto with a Sony SEL18200 f3.5-6.3 OSS full frame lens with an A mount to E mount adapter.  I will post to my instagram account after I finish editing them.

When I got the error I had saved the .PSD file and was able to reopen it and save it to a .jpg.  I used that in my Word file and was able to shrink the image with no problems.

I do have the latest ASUS drivers installed for my ASUS Dual Radeon RX5600 XT.  They nag me every time I upgrade my OS. Ha Ha!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said in my previous post.  The checkbox worked.  I did not have to reopen PS, but I did open a fresh copy of the .ARW file and reproduced my steps.

Fixed.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the info on how you photographed the Strelitzia.  It's always interesting.  flickr says I used a Canon 1DsMK3, but the secret with those pictures was a Lumiquest mini Softbox III and ETTL extension lead.  You shut down as far as you can (F16)  hold the flash in one hand and camera in the other.  ETTL gets the exposure right every time, and that close to the subject, flash duration is going to be really short so nice sharp pictures.  The only problem is the background is going to be very dark.

image.pngThis was taken in datlight and not even the rear of the giant weta has been lit.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines