• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In last 2 versions of PS Beta (current 25.2.0) the adjustment panel is not working

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the last two updates of PS 2024 (25.2.0 on WIN 11 OS) the adjustment panel shows up but the are no icons and if I go to the upper right corner and choose adjustment (levels for example) I get "Could not complete the command due to program error"
This is very inconveinient, I can dublicate the layer, go to menu "image>adjustment>levels" do my business and then add a layer mask but that is not how we want this work, right?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community bugs">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This together with a similar issue with missing Toolbar icons has been going on for a while now.  Most of the posts were about missing Toolbar icons, but I had the same as you...  not Adjustment layer icons.  The thing is, I thought this was fixed a couple of updates ago.  What is worse in your case, is getting the program error message when trying to access the layers via the right click drop down.  I can't think of any other thread  reporting that.

Can you access them via the Layers menu?

image.png

In the full release verson I have the Image > Adjustment shortcuts transfered to Leyer > Adjustment Layer and that's how I was adding Adjustment Layers when I had no icons.  So can you tell us if you can add adjustment layers from the menu without getting the Program Error ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor
Thank you for your reply
Menu>Layer>Adjustment layer works, no error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,
This is my first post here !
I'm currently on PS 25.2. Since yesterday, I'm experiencing the same issue, i.e. Adjustments Panel = blank.
If I want to switch from "Modern view" to "Classic view", I get "Could not complete the command because of a program error".
I have tried "resetting the preferences", still doesn't work. I had installed 25.2 a while ago and everything was working fine until now. I have also tried "Older GPU mode" = no luck.
I have installed PS 25.4 (beta), on this version the Adjusment Panel is normal and works fine.
Any idea why I  have this issue and how to fix it ? Or shall I just wait until 25.4 final will be released ?
Thanks in advance for any useful reply.
Georges

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to add, that trying to solve this issue, I have uninstalled and reinstalled PS 25.2 but this did not correct the problem !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Georges.K  I have had it happen just once with 25.2 and in that case simply restarting Photoshop fixed it.

I suggested using the menu bar if your Adjustment layer icons don't show, but It's probably easier to use the Adjustment Panel flyout menu.

image.png

I have yet to see any theroies as to why this is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Trevor for your reply.
The problem persits even after numerous stops/restarts of the program. I even have uninstalled and reinstalled PS 25.2 without success.
The Menu shows up, but everything is grayed out. If I try to switch from Modern view to Classic view or vice versa, I get an error prompt. (see attachments - I don't know how to insert pics here).
The only way to have a normal "Adjusment panel" is using PS 25.4 (beta).
If, on the same laptop,  the panel works with the beta version, I am incline to beleive that this cannot be a question of hardware (graphics card) or drivers.
One more detail I've noticed. I have been working for many years with a personnal workspace.
If I use the standard workspace "Essentials" and uncheck "Adjusments" in the "Window" drop down menu, only "Adjusments" dissapears from the workspace, but if I use my personnal workspace (called Geka_01) and I uncheck "Adjusments" in the drop down menu, in this case my whole workspace vanishes from the user interface.
The AP has been working for several weeks after installing PS 25.2. The day the panel went blank I was trying to open a simple .jpg file which showed in the "Navigator" panel, but nothing appeared in the middle of the workspace. To bring it back, I had to close and restart PS and when it reopened the AP was empty and has remained empty since then.
I don't have a clue why this is happening. Thanks for your friendly help.
Georges

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since today, the problem is also happening with PS 25.4 beta !  On my laptop I have PS 25.2 (regular) and 25.4 (beta). With both versions the Adjusments panel is now blank ! And, what I have described above concerning PS 25.2 now also applies to PS 25.4 (beta) ! The only thing I did after installation of 25.4 b, is update "Camera Raw" as invited by Creative Cloud. Am I the only one on earth having this problem ? Thanks for any reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what it is, but this problem has something to do with "Preferences" and "Personalized Workspace".
In PS 25.2, as soon as I modify one single preference or if I create a personal workspace, the "Adjusments panel" goes blank. To recover it, I need to delete the .psw file in User\Name\Photoshop 2024\PS 2024 Settings, AND reset all preferences, then not change a thing and not create a custom workspace !
In PS 25.4 (beta), I had to reset all preferences. I have deleted my old .psw and created a new one. Changing preferences and using a new personalized workspace has, so far, not made the "Adjustments panel" go blank. But for how long ?
There must be a bug somewhere ! I would like to report it to the gurus of Adobe. If at least someone could tell me how I can do that. Thanks a lot in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really useful, so thank you for the feedback.  So far this has been seen as an intermittant problem with the Toolbar, Adjustment Layers, and Parametric Filters.  Least ways those are the ones I can redmember.  I had it happen again the Adjustment panel quite recently, but I have not been able to correlate the issue in the same way that you have managed.

We'll have something to suggest the next time we see this, although there have been a lot of posts on the subject, and I am not so sure that many people use custom workspaces.

So thanks again.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Trevor,
Thank-you for encouraging me to send feedbacks.

I have installed PS 25.3.1, available today in CC.

When done, I’ve applied my usual preferences (mainly : disabeling the Home screen and changing the scratch disks), plus copied my « personal.psw » file created with PS 25.4 beta, in the adhock folder, i.e. AppData\Roaming .

After the very first lauch of PS 25.3.1 everything was in place with a normal « Adjusments panel (AP)».

When trying to open a .jpg image, it showed up in the « Navigator panel », which is part of my customized workspace, but nothing was visible in the middle of the screen. Moreover, PS was stuck frozen. I had to « kill » the program via the task manager to be able to close it.

I decided to restart my PC. When the laptop was again ready, I relaunched PS 25.3.1. I immediately got the following error message (see attachment) : « Could not apply the saved panel configuration, resetting to default ».

Then, when PS opened, the AP was blank and all the previous erratic behaviors were back.

Namely, when « unchecking » the AP in the « Window » drop down menu, my whole personalized workspace panel disappeared. I am getting an error message when trying to switch the AP from « Modern view » to « Classic view », etc.

In summary, for me at least, the bug is still there and PS 25.3.1 has NOT fixed it.

I hope this feedback is useful.
Georges

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines