Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Feature: Create and modify Arrowheads in Properties panel

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

The Photoshop team has made some QOL enhancements to the process of creating and editing arrowheads with the Line tool, check it out!

What's new

You can now create and modify arrowheads from the Properties panel and update the arrowheads on an existing line or lines!

PeteGreen_0-1713376939126.png

Known issues
Width & Length values are not synchronized to the line tool gear menu
Width & Length value unit types get converted to the last used unit type (i.e. px, cm, inch)

Give this new update a try and let us know what your initial thoughts are and ideas to make this better!

Thanks!

The Photoshop team

TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow... At this point, I had completely given up on this feature ever being implemented. I think this is the way it should have always worked, at least since the "live" shapes do exist.

It's not that I draw arrows so often, but when I do, it is (was!) extremely inconvenient having to guess the correct values beforehand.

I hope it makes it to the final version and, of course, that this behavior is consistent between the Properties panel and the Options bar.

Thanks. 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if I am misremembering it, but I thought that arrowheads used to scale with line thickness, but that changed a while back and we could only enter pixel values in the arrowhead length and width fields, and that was locked in regardless of line thickness.  If that's the way it now works its a right royal pain.

So this is a step in the right direction, but as Pete says in the list of known issues, we can only adjust the width of the arrowhead, and not its length.  Which makes for some odd looking arrowheads

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis , that's an interesting screenshot -- I haven't been able to reproduce this one. You should be getting Length, Width, and Concavity control. 

Questions:

Does scrolling down in the panel give you the Length & concavity control?

Does a preference reset fix this for you?

Is this on Windows or Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Questions:

Does scrolling down in the panel give you the Length & concavity control?

By @Pete.Green

Whoops.  That's me embarrassed then.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines