• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Layer Mask Icons in 25.1

Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone has asked about this in the main Photoshop forum.  I'd not opened 25.1 and can't find any information — like a what's new.  @CoryShubert can you explain how the new layer mask icons work?  Thanks.

image.png

TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Hi all - happy to announce that this feature has been added as an option in the latest public release 25.2. Update your Photoshop 2024 to access via the Layers Panel Menu.

BONUS - it was off by default after update.

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1701125553192.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 108 Replies 108
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was asked by someone whose mailbox is full if I tried setting Bridge Beta's preferences, and this was my reply.

Yes, and it worked loading layers in to a non-obscuring PS beta, for a while, and then automagically reverted to opening 25.1. Yes, I rechecked preferences and they were still set to the 25.3 version. Even more curious, once I set the Beta bridge to open the Beta PS by toggling preferences (yeah, I was frustrated) it then would open a SINGLE image from Beta Bridge to Beta PS, but reverted to PS25.when I tried to load layers into PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, version 25.2 is not available for me yet. When is the official version supposed to get released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We never, ever, get a heads up about updates.  It usually works out that major version updates happen in October on the second day of MAX, but we got it early this year because of the race to get on the Ai bandwagon. Beta versions are time limited (at a guess, maybe a month) so you need to be on top of that, and have auto updates enabled to be safe.

We can't even be sure that features in the pre-release beta version will be included in the next full release update, so it comes down to hurry up and wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today i could update to 25.2 here in Germany.
YES! Badges are gone……… 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesss! Me too, here in France... Dowloading it now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis @dafleXXX1969 this update was a phased roll out globally. It should be available as of today for everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here in Italy as well! Thank God the badge has gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wait patiently over here in Switzerland... or not *haha* - hope it will be available to me too soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

oh wait... it... it updated itself automatically to 25.2, I need to deactivate automatic updates immediately 🙂 But yay... Badge gone, let's have a mask ballparty 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines