• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: No AI feature with new update

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to the new beta version for PS, 24.6.0. (with AI)
I got the new UI but it lacks the AI portion (or option) in the menu bar, or anywhere else.
Is there a minimum hardware requirement that I need? I might have missed the minimum requirements.
I am running Apple iMac Monterey 12.6.6. (Late 2015 build).
I am providing a screen shot of the UI I have available to me at this moment.
Thanks for any help you could provide.

IMG_6403.JPG

TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

UPDATE: Hi everyone. For those of you having issues finding the new Generative Fill feature, make sure you have the latest beta version, Adobe Photoshop Version: 25.0.0 20230801.m.2265 3a00623 x64

Please see this thread for any other clarrification:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta-discussions/upgrade-your-copy-of-photoshop-beta-to-version-25-or-higher/td-p/13986957

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 441 Replies 441
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay! I logged out of Creative Cloud Desktop, logged back in and ran a check for updates. There was a new Beta version (same number), installed it, and now the tool works!

JEL_0-1684857768312.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. That worked for me! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally hid the generate tool bar and can't get it back I uninstalled it and downloaded it again and rebooted the computer but it's gone help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've just looked across at Discord. A user there had the same issue (they had 24.6 but no Generative Fill). They uninstalled the beta and reinstalled and it then appeared, it may be worth a try. I would also restart the PC between the uninstall and re-install steps.

Dave

Edit - I've just seen your answer JEL - it looks to be a similar result as the user on Discord.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just released and just downloaded the new Photoshop Beta app for Windows. But the new Generative Fill doesn't show up when I make a selection. It's like PS 24.5 actually. It has the Contextual Bar and all that. But no Generative Fill. Known issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following this. I'm having the same problem. MacBookPro Ventura 13.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new "Generative Fill" option doesnt appear for me. This is  Photohsop Beta version in the Contextual Task Bar (this seems to be the only way to access this feature?) 

1. Beta is updated,

2. I have relanched

Possible problem?  I have a a relatively recent (meaning not THAT old) imac with Radeon Pro 580 graphics card. I'd expect all these important new tools to work with this graphics card, which is quite powerful card.

Please someone expain. I need to remain competitive with co-workers, Hopefully I dont have to spend £2,000 buying new computer, as this will mean I cant go on holiday this year?

Thanks 

Untitled-1 copy 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a thing (or two) where they now claim the minimum requirement is an 8-core CPU. At the same time they are calling it "recommended," so they're being very vague.

Or maybe it only appeared here...
http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/retouching-repairing-images.html#remove-tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, hopefully I'll get a definitive one.

8 core 'gamers' CPU? Hopefully that's not it. Can't be surely.

it wasn't so long ago that geniuses like me, only kidding, had to physically paint, (paint tools, angled brushes) missing areas into images.

As you can machine this was a somewhat unique and unusual skill, making it possible to 'out-retouch'. I've just discovering that our entire profession is being swallowed by a beta version only available to a select few with machines, predominately  Windows users?

My iMac runs Photoshop smoothly, the CPU and GPU had more than enough to handle Photoshop's demanding requirements. The AI models themselves are capable of running on anything given the right setup.

Sure, I'm aware of alternatives like DALL.E and Stable Diffusion in-paint this feature right inside Photoshop itself is a real game-changer! No need to engineer actions and scripts to take sections out externally anymore. It's an killer feature, and it won’t be killing your “I’ve just been doing this for 5 seconds” people, it’ll be killing everyone who’s developed - better stop or ill damage the keyboard with tears

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with 40 cores and a NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU with 11 GB. Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Not sure why Generative Fill does not appear in my latest version of Beta... Yes, I have the latest one, V24.6

On the update info when I downloaded, it highlighted this as a new feature however it doesn't appear as an option for me.

Please help

Cheers

Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
1. Both the previous and the most-recent version of the Photoshop Beta are 24.6.
Please check your Help > System Info and verify that on the first line you see: 24.6.0 20230520.m.2181
To ensure you are on the latest by refreshing the updater, please.Screen Shot 2023-05-23 at 6.51.54 AM.png

2. To use the feature, you must first have an active selection. 
 Make selections in your composites

Let us know if either of those solve the issue.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much. Have just ran the latest 24.6 and the new feature was there.

Thanks for your help
Cheers Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Now it works. Seems as if my first update today wasn't the latest build of 24.6 beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've uninstalled Photoshop Beta, checked for updates, manually checked for updates, rebooted my system, logged out of CC and back in. The most up to date version that comes up is 24.5. Please assist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultpt3cvt9ltrhp based on your account type, contact your admin and let's make sure they are not blocking this new beta app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cory,

Would they have to approve or deny every iteration of every app? I have access to all previous versions and current versions of all other apps. 24.6 isn't even shown. I understand that my admin could restrict access for some reason, but it seems unreasonable to think they can control what is shown in CC Desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultpt3cvt9ltrhp there are many issues that could be at play, it is hard to be able to say what for each, but we try...

We dug in a bit to your account and notice that your account for Ps says "Restricted - offline". This could be why you are not seeing it.  

Please share if you find out that infact your admin did restrict or not, and we can see what else might be happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if the beta version doesn't show up in my CC panel? I refreshed it a thousand times, logged in and out - nothing. I'm on Mac if that happens, and in Poland if it's region specific. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem with me....already update latest version 24.6.0. and try uninstall > reboot > reinstall but stil same issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generative Fill is there but it's greyed out.  How do I enable it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, even after uninstall of beta, reboot, reinstall of beta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues as all of you. I have updated Creative Cloud, made sure all apps are updated, installed the newest beta, and checked for updates. Uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, and still had the same issue. Included photo of what it looks like for me. Here is some info from the System Info in the Photoshop Beta:
Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.6.0 20230520.m.2181 4e0245f x64
Number of Launches: 5
Operating System: Windows 11 64-bit
Version: 11 or greater 10.0.22624.1755
System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:14, Stepping:13 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, AVX, AVX2
Physical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 3600 MHz
Built-in memory: 65455 MB
Free memory: 41979 MB
Memory available to Photoshop: 51340 MB

Screenshot 2023-05-23 154000.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines