• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: No AI feature with new update

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to the new beta version for PS, 24.6.0. (with AI)
I got the new UI but it lacks the AI portion (or option) in the menu bar, or anywhere else.
Is there a minimum hardware requirement that I need? I might have missed the minimum requirements.
I am running Apple iMac Monterey 12.6.6. (Late 2015 build).
I am providing a screen shot of the UI I have available to me at this moment.
Thanks for any help you could provide.

IMG_6403.JPG

 

TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

UPDATE: Hi everyone. For those of you having issues finding the new Generative Fill feature, make sure you have the latest beta version, Adobe Photoshop Version: 25.0.0 20230801.m.2265 3a00623 x64

Please see this thread for any other clarrification:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta-discussions/upgrade-your-copy-of-photoshop-beta-to-version-25-or-higher/td-p/13986957

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 443 Replies 443
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Toss me in the boat of I can make a selection, see the generative fill bar but cant type anything in it, Under the edit menu Generative Fill is grayed out. I have uninstalled, rebooted, cleared temps, reinstall, confirmed I have the latest updat listed on this thread, no more updates are availble, I even rebooted and checked for updates again. No generative fill for me. Windows 11. Would love to try the feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to resolve the problem by uninstalling both v24.5 and the just downlowed v24.6 beta, then reinstalling v24.5 which had a link button to the beta v24.6. now i have both the regular version an dthe beta in good working order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cory, 

thanks for the advice, I'm having issue where when I do check for update it does not give me the latest photoshop (beta) 24.6, currently stuck at v24.5 and the creative cloud says it is up to date. Is this becasue the newest beta is only available in the US? 

Thanks

S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I uninstalled it then restarted my mac and downloaded it, works fine!! 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been removed from the Beta already? Nothing showing for Generative Fill after making a selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @g-the-rat have you checked out the helpx page?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/generative-fill.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same. I have read through the help pages. Before selection I see this:

js22205993_0-1684848846077.png

After selection, I see this:

js22205993_1-1684848897748.png

running Beta 24.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also what I'm seeing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not seeing Generative Fill?
1. Both the previous and the most-recent version of the Photoshop Beta are 24.6.
Please check your Help > System Info and verify that on the first line you see: 24.6.0 20230520.m.2181
Ensure you are on the latest by refreshing the updater, please.

2. To use the feature, you must first have an active selection. 
 Make selections in your composites

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is

Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.6.0 20230516.m.2174 17c6688

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine also shows: Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.6.0 20230516.m.2174 17c6688 x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@this_rmx  and @shaimaa224  you need to manually refresh CCD to go out and get the latest version, then install it and you should see the correct 24.6 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, in case anyone else is having this issue:

Uninstalled and reinstalled clean v24.6 from CC Beta Apps. Version is still as before:
Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.6.0 20230516.m.2174 17c6688 x64
Running updates from that point in CC [All Apps] fetches a new version:
Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.6.0 20230520.m.2181 4e0245f x64

Generative is now included

this_rmx_0-1684852411220.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I tried that and I am still stuck on 24.5 in Beta. I can't get any updates at all after that. It's a company account and I have full privileges

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my m1ultra mac book pro I only have 24.5 available as latest version.. any idea why ? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version updated, still dont see the new Generative Fill toolbar..... Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated and see 24.6.0 20230520.m.2181 and my Mac is up to date with Ventura 13.4 (22F66). I've installed, uninstalled, re-booted re-installed etc...... and still cannot type anything in the Generative Fill box. Would love some help. I'm in the UK if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings and thanks for clarifying we need Beta version 24.6. Unfortunately the latest version available for me on Creative Cloud is still 24.5 as  there is no option to get 24.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Brian2664710980o4 curious if you are on an individual account, or enterprise or edu?

If the later, make sure your admin is allowing the beta to show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cory, I am on an enterprise account with a large firm. Will follow up on my end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just downloaded the latest photoshop Beta version, and I can't find the new firefly text to image generator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hiba,

Both the previous and the most-recent version of the Photoshop Beta are 24.6.
Please check your Help > System Info and verify that on the first line you see: 24.6.0 20230520.m.2181
Ensure you are on the latest by refreshing the Updates tab of the Creative Cloud desktop app.Screen Shot 2023-05-23 at 6.51.54 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like the fix that works is to go to the Behance tab on your Creative Cloud apps page and enter your date of birth. Worked for me! Apparently you have to be 18+ to use it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Beta version 24.6.0

M1 Mac Studio, running MacOS Ventura 1.4

Just downloaded the beta to try the new Generative Fill feature. It does not appear to be included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also cannot access this under the selection tool menu, it's also not under edit>fill either. I tried both beta 24.5 and 24.6 running on a macbook air M1 with lots of storage and good wifi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines