• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop brushes are banding colors and creating weird antialies look to the edge

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2024 Jul 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have worked the same way in photoshop a really long time. But in the last two weeks it seems I have been struggling with banding and harsher edges to the soft brushes. I can't seem to get a nice smooth look especially when using black. Seems all the brushes are doing it including default brushes. My co-workesrs are NOT having the same issue even if they open my same file (I am on a mac and they are on a PC). If they open the file they can get smoother opacity edges without the banding and weird antialias look to the edge. Opacity and flow does not seem to make a difference in the banding. I also feel that using the brush at 1% opacity still doesn't act normal and takes off too much. Attached are some examples. I did do a recent update in the last 2 weeks. Not sure if that is coincedince or if it stated after the update. Happens in both the regular photoshop and Beta photoshop. Happens with all the brushes including the default soft round. It does the same thing with the paintbrush and eraser brush tool so that does not make a difference in adding or subtracting. I work in large format mostly with document dimenstion is 60x80 at 100dpi.

Has a setting changed that I am not aware of?

TOPICS
Desktop-macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@SpectatorBlankets your attachments all look fine. If you are the only one seeing this - it's most likely your monitor. Check the resolution or adjust it and see if it resolves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines