• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Web Version BETA file size limit

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried out the Web Version of Photoshop that's still in BETA and I seem to get a file size limit of 3MB. I asked support and they said that the web version has the same file size limit as the regular version of the product and I should not get that limitation. When trying to upload files larger than 3MB there's a message from Adobe that larger files might take a little time to load, and then it looks like it's about to open, and then there's an error from the Chrome page, "can't open this page," error code: 5.

As a troubleshooting test, I tried to open the same image in web PS on my laptop (windows), and it opens.
So, it seems the issue might be with how the web PS interacts with the Linux file uploader

Subscription: Creative Cloud

System: Linux 

Google Chrome Version: 103.0.5060.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I'd be interested to know if there is a workaround or troubleshoot options for this issue.

TOPICS
Web

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Artjail24819912a0yu 

Since your question is about Photoshop for Web (beta), I have moved this from the Photoshop forum where you posted. Here you are more likely to get your question answered.

I also edited your post to tag it as "web", as the tags here are not the same as in the Photoshop forum.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Artjail24819912a0yu,

Hmm, we definitely can handle 3MB files and much larger. 

Do you have plenty of available Cloud storage space I wonder? You can check on https://assets.adobe.com/ in the lower left next to the gear. 

I also wonder if we're hitting something Linux related. Do you have another Mac or Win system to try this same test on and see if you hit the same limit?

When seeing this error message, if you could save a log and send it to us that could help us with investigations.

Google Chrome:

1. Open the top-right Chrome menu, then in More Tools find and select Developer Tools.
  2. In the Developer Tools that show on the right, click the Console tab at the top.
  3. Right-click within the Console panel and choose Save As…
  4. Save the .log file on your computer so you can share it.

Microsoft Edge: For Microsoft Edge logs, see Open Microsoft Edge DevTools.

Once you have the logs, you can email them to Ps-web-logs@adobe.com

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Pete, thanks for getting back to me. 

As for cloud storage, yes I have plenty of that. 53 MB being used out of 1TB so that's not an issue. 

I'm going to test this again but this time on my mac and see if I encounter any issues. I'll save a log and send your way also so you guys can investigate.  But as I mentioned I tried the same thing on a Windows and worked just fine so I think my issue is more Linux related. Should the Photoshop web version work just fine on the Linux system?

I'll send the logs as soon as I can,

Andreina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines