Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove Tool in Beta for Photoshop Desktop

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Beta Team,
The Remove tool replaces areas of your image with realistic and relevant content.
 Use this tool to remove any distracting regions or elements, no matter how small or large.

Simply brush this artificial-Intelligence-powered tool over objects and people to make them disappear… as if they were never there. 

Complicated backgrounds and structures, such as fences or edges are seamlessly completed.

RemoveTool_Hero-Vollyball.jpg

What we want for you:
This should seem like the magic you expect out of Photoshop!

For our experienced users and those with a discerning eye, our goal is to reduce or eliminate the clean-up after the fill. You should be spending less time repeating a fill for better results. You should also not need to clean-up by switching to another tool, such as the Clone Stamp.

What we want from you:

If you have multiple systems, please try this tool on all of them. Hardware will make a difference.

Please compare the results to your usual method of removing/filling objects. Let us know…
Was it like magic?
Did this save you time?

Let us know by clicking on the Beaker and giving the results a thumbs-up or a thumbs-down.

MeredithStotzner_1-1680278733328.png

MeredithStotzner_2-1680278733328.png

How to use the Remove Tool in Photoshop Desktop Beta

MeredithStotzner_3-1680278733329.jpeg

1. Select the Remove tool from the toolbox.
    Find it in the Healing brush tool group. Expand the group by clicking on the Spot Healing Brush tool, Patch tool, or Red Eye tool to show the Remove Tool.

Note: You may see a “Installing required components…” dialog the first time you use the tool after installation. Don’t worry, that’s normal.

2. Choose a brush size in the options bar.
    • Choose a brush size that lets you brush over the entire object – with a little extra for good measure – so you don’t have to do a lot of brushing!
    • Brush hardness and brush opacity settings are not used by this tool

3. (Optional) If you want to make multiple brush strokes to cover the large or complex object, turn off Remove after each stroke in the options bar.
    • Remove after each stroke = ON  will apply the fill as soon as you complete a single stroke with the tool.
    • Remove after each stroke = OFF will apply the fill after clicking the apply button; allowing for multiple strokes of the brush on the object before applying the fill.  

4. (Optional) Turn on Sample All Layers in the options bar to sample data from all visible layers.
    Note: The new pixels will be created on the current, selected layer.
    Hint: Create & select a new layer, then turn on Sample All Layers for a non-destructive workflow.

5. Click and drag over area you want to remove.
    • Be sure to cover the entire area. Results are better if a bit of the background behind the object or person is also covered.

If Remove after each stroke = ON is selected, the new pixels will be appear after completing the stroke. Skip the next step. You’re done!

1. If Remove after each stroke = OFF, continue to stroke of the area(s) to be removed, then click Apply in the Options bar or  Enter/Return on the keyboard.
    • Use Reset all Brush Strokes to clear all the strokes and start over.

We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Thank you,
The Remove Tool Team

TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

TO GET THE LATEST BETA BUILD
The latest update of the public Beta release of PS 2023 has the Remove tool for testing. Check out this link for information on where to find and download it. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tbm_-XCEDg

THE REMOVE TOOL IS MISSING
If you have the most-recent public Beta build, but still can't find the tool, it may be in the Extra Tools. This occurs for people who have previously customized their toolbar. Here are instructions on how to retrieve tools from the Extra Tools

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Hi all,

If you're getting a Program Error while using the Remove tool, the team would like you to try the following steps and see if it fixes the problem:
1. Go to Preferences > Image Processing
2. Select “More Stable” for the Remove Tool Processing.
3. Relaunch Photoshop for the change to take effect.

4. Try Remove Tool again and let us know if this fixes the Program Errors for you

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 272 Replies 272
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The remove tool is not working on my pc. It's working on the other computer, which is an older build. I'm using version 24.5. I also tried resetting the preference and re-installing the program and the more stable option. All did not work. I still get the "Could not complete your request because of a program error.". I also tried installing the beta version. same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

When I select a function ( Remove Tool ) - an error pops up 

How to solve this problem?

pod.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh ! Another topic about Remove Tool program error ! Few people confirmed, including me, that Remove Tool is working on Photoshop Beta 24.5. We are getting close to a solution. All Adobe people have to do now is compare betas 24.5 and 24.6 and we''ll have working PS 2050 software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Joli30374138cdn5 are talking about the Remove Tool in beta or release? The Remove Tool is available in the general release and am curious if you are seeing the same issues there or just in beta?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beta. Only in beta 24.5 Remove Tool is working.

Beta 24.4 is not working, Beta 24.6 - not working. PS release 24.5 - not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lana217753951ktj could you share your sysinfo with the team?

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't do it today, on different computer. I can do it on Monday. But it's not about the system. I tried Beta 24.5, beta 24.6 and PS release 24.5 on same system, with same settings, same preferences and with diferent results. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If its of any help, as I mentioned above, Remove Tool was not working for me in beta 24.4.
I want to emphasize that because it seems someone saw the bug and fixed it. I might be wrong, but I think beta update from 24.5.0.2152 to 24.5.0.2137 fixed the issue.
Or its 24.4.0.2119 beta to 24.5.0.2152, I'm not sure.
Either way, Someone fixed the bug and someone else took wrong version while making 24.6. Or work on 24.6 started before 24.5.0.2137 update, so bug fix was not implemented. I don't know, just guessing now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi@CoryShubert and @Lana217753951ktj 

this seems to be a common issue that a lot of people are experiencing:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/remove-tool-gives-me-a-program-error/idi-p/1...

I was hoping the latest 24.7 beta version update would fix it but no luck. The only version with a working Remove Tool is 24.5 beta but unfortunately, that means not having generative fill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same for me , i had remove tool in the toolbar, working ok, with version 24.5 of PS beta, since i update (i have now the 24.7 version) , i still have the remove tool, but i can't use it , i get error message. I've tried all recommend thing in previous message, nothing works. I've a pretty strong PC,  what's wrong with the great "remove tool"? how to fix my problem?Capture d’écran (48).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still have the same problem,  beta remove tool doesn't work, tried every option, uninstall and re install PS Beta, still have the same message, no support from Adobe, quite enoying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

i really don't understand why "remove tool" doesn't work in both PS, beta and classic, i've tested everything i could, execpt one, can you please tell me in which file the "remove tool " add on is downloaded? Thanks 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in my case, remove Tool won't work in both, Beta and release...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Eric269890627poe  Yeah, it's unfortunate. I don't have too much hope since the latest update (24.7) was released a couple of days ago and it didn't get fixed. If you haven't already, try upvoting and writing a message in this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/remove-tool-gives-me-a-program-error/idi-p/1...

Maybe it'll get more recognition then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Joli30374138cdn5 We are still investigating this issue and we have added some more distinguishable error messages in the latest 24.7 Beta. So could you please try it again in the latest Beta and post the screent shot if any error pops up when you select Remove tool? That would be super helpful for our investigation. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Joli30374138cdn5 We are still investigating this issue and we have added some more distinguishable error messages in the latest 24.7 Beta. So could you please try it again in the latest Beta and post the screent shot if any error pops up when you select Remove tool? That would be super helpful for our investigation. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Joli30374138cdn5, 

We are still investigating this issue but we have added some more distinguishable error messages in the latest 24.7 Beta to help us track down the problem. Could you please try it again in the latest Beta and post the screenshot if any error pops up when you select Remove tool? That would be super helpful for our investigation. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

look... as i see in this forum, with the same problems (instant freeze when try to use remove tool, and no brush appears) are with computers using amd threadripper... on my intel i9 laptop work perfect... with my desktop with 32core 3970x it crashes instantly... (switching to erase tool, no brush, the arrow cursor stays and if i click somewhere, the crash window appears) below i provided my log file too... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the repeated messages above, but there was some issue with my browser and I posted the message a few times by accident.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The industrial ellipse makes it easier to use a lot of tools inside Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What CPU do you need for the removal tool? The tool is very CPU intensive. My CPU directly hits 100% with over 4 GHZ. My CPU: Intel i7-12700.
Graphics card: RTX3060

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove tool still doesn't work.  I'm running Beta 24.7 on Mac Studio Apple M1 Max Ventura 13.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto. Any luck yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can someone explain this issue?

cБезымянный.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines