• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Revert file to a previous version?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to Photoshop 23.5.1 on my desktop.  The default is to save documents to Adobe Cloud, apparently.  Anyway, I mistakenly saved a flattened file and need to recover a previous version.  However, when I view the file on the Adobe Cloud, the version history menu item is grayed out.  

The file was created two weeks ago. Is there no backup?  If so, it seems like a huge mistake for the app to default to saving on the Cloud. 

TOPICS
Desktop-macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to make sure the history/backup save option is on, and it's best to have a short interval. You also have a limited time to actually save a backup, or they go away. I'm very wary of using cloud docs, due to how the save works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been harping on this since cloud docs were introduced: there needs to be a warning about saving the file when you close the file. It should just close and save. Too many people are saving flattened images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! That was the other thing. There was no confirmation that I wanted to close the document without saving those changes, which is what I'm obviously used to.  Apparently the file is gone. Terrible UX. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it is terrible. I have mentioned this so many time, to the engineers, but they don't seem to want to change it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines