• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

24.5 impossible to use with Wacom Intuos on Windows

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had to roll back to 24.4.1 from the automatic upgrade to 24.5. (running the most recent driver for the Intuos).
The hand tool (using the space bar or when accessing the tool directly) won't release when letting up on the space bar or lifting the pen. Moving the pen fully away from the tablet didn't help. The behavior is as if you have never lifted the pen off the tablet. Right click or double click didn't work either. Only switching to another tool via the keyboard and then back to the hand tool with each pan worked. 

The same refusal to release the tool applied to the Move, Crop, Free Transform, Transform, making the upgrade impossible to use. After two hours of troubleshooting, I reverted to 24.4.1 and the tool behaviors returned to fully functioning as expected.

I hope this bug is fixed soon or that if it's a Wacom driver thing, that Adobe works with Wacom so that they release a new driver. Until it's resolved, I can't upgrade.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2023 Oct 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Almost impossible to work 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No issues here in v24.7.1 or v25.0

I am using Windows 11, but with Wacom driver 6.3.42-2 rather than the latest 6.4.3-1 (I work on the basis that is it ain't broke don't fix it :-). The older driver may be worth a try.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-completely-broken-hand-tool-ps24-5-hand-to...

Please refer to the thread I reported.

Versions earlier than 24.5 are safe from this bug.
However, the bug related to the space bar itself seems to have occurred from version 24.0. Please look near the end of the thread I posted. I had already reported it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines