• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: macOS 14.1 / Photoshop 2024 v25.0/25.1 Toolbar click through issue

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well ... that wasn't something I ever expected or have ever seen. Was using Photoshop 2024 v 25.0.0 just this morning no problem with macOS 14.0.1. Updated to macOS 14.1 this afternoon, and now the top half of the toolbar clicks THROUGH the toolbar into the Finder. What? The bottom half of the toolbar works as usual. I've turned off most of the toolbar and tool prefs & that does nothing. Did a bunch of Interweb searches ... nothing relevent yet.

This is pretty new Photoshop behaviour ... wondering if anyone else has run into this yet.

Any ideas?

I could temporarily move all the most used tools to the bottom half of the toolbar. Though all the tools can be chosen by keyboard commands ... just can't click on those tools in the bar.

Color me perplexed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

macOS 14.1 Photoshop 2024 Tool Bug.gif

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Engaged , Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Ok, some good news here. Apple just had an update to Sonoma (Nov 9, 2023) and subsequent to that, I went into Ps full screen mode and tried out the docked panels as before (the ones encircled in magenta in the screenshot of the original post). They all appear to work fine now. So whatever was done, it would appear as though the issue is now resolved. With that, I will now return you to your regularly scheduled mayhem 🤪😁. Oh, and thanks to everyone who chimed in, either to confirm or suggest id

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

This should be addressed in macOS 14.1.1 which just shipped today.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

If you want to use a tool without using the application frame, turn on the application frame and separate the tool from the application frame.

1.png
After that, you should be able to use it as long as you turn off the application frame and do not attach the tool to the monitor.

2.png

Please do not perform the following operations.

3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Updating Status.
This has been a known issue since macOS Sonoma v14.1.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
95 Comments
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues in AI and PS.

My work around so far has been to use "application frame" mode. The tool bar works there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Iowabob2 and @jonathanf98670596 

Can you also confirm your macOS version? This bug has been reported and the workaround until it is fixed is to enable the Application Frame.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies Jane, of course.

MacOS Sonoma 14.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded my system software on a MacPro running Sonoma 14.1 and updated PS to 25.1.0 and encountered this problem today.

Clicking on certain tool windows is like clicking out of the program. Earlier, I closed out of each window individually then reopened them through the Windo dropdown menu from the top, and that worked for a while. Then problem started again. Unable to select tools.

I uninstalled then reinstalled PS 25.1.0 and encountered the same problem. It's absolutely maddening and I must be able to work. This is unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Elyssia332221609v4t 

Did you read the thread to see that the workaround until Adobe fixes is is to enable the Application frame? Does that fix this for you?

So far it seems to be affecting Sonoma 14.1 and PS 25.1.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

Yes, thank God, it's a lifesaver. It's not ideal as I use two monitors, one for my palettes and one for my work, but as LEAST I can actually use the program. That's a help, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, @Elyssia332221609v4t . Adobe is aware of the issue. Some bugs are caused by the OS, then Apple and Adobe have to work together on the fix. This is still new and all we have is the workaround.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotcha. At least there's something so I can continue to work. Thanks again, and have a good evening 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do not want to use application frames, please see here for a temporary workaround.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/macos-14-1-photoshop-2024-v25-0-0-toolbar-bu... 

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to display multiple palettes without using the application frame, you can do so by not concatenating each column.

Screenshot 2023-10-28 at 23.27.07.png

It can also be applied if you have multiple monitors and want to place the palette on the second monitor.

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I recently noticed that I'm not able to click on the panel icons on the right side to activate them.
At first, I noticed that in Photoshop, but it also happens in Illustrator. Whether you are using the floating window mode or the full-screen mode, you can not click on the first six icons.
I added a video so you can see what I mean.
Does anyone else have this issue too, or am I the only one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac version Sonoma 14.1

I should have included that in the original query--sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Również ten sam problem u mnie. Sprawdziłem na trzech komputerach - iMac27PRO (Sonoma 14.1), Windows 10 64bit i Apple MacStudio (Sonoma 14.1). Wszędzie nie ma dostępu do narzędzi w trybie pełnoekranowym. Poprzednia wersja Photoshopa 25.0 działała bezproblemowo. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running on P25.0, and it does not let me separate the tool bar from the side even when in full screen. Is there a solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lea331986851k75 wrote: does not let me separate the tool bar from the side even when in full screen

Turn off Full Screen mode "F" and enable the Application Frame (Window menu) instead.

Another user has found that using Full Screen Mode and Sonoma 14.1 has its own set of bugs.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/ps-full-screen-issue-v25-n-sonoma-14-1/idi-p...

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GlennsArt wrote: At this point I don't know what else to do to help troubleshoot this

Your detailed feedback will be valuable to Adobe and Apple! Does everything work for you when the Application frame is enabled and you are not in Full Screen mode?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

Yes, everything works as it should when not in FSM. I always have the Application Frame on so I'm not sure what would happen in my case if it's off (I'm in the Photoshop Virtual Summit right now so I can't really test it, but I'm assuming it would be the same as the others). One other thing I did try was in Settings (Apple), I changed the "Click wallpaper to reveal desktop" to "Only in Stage Manager" to see what that might do. It did make a difference in that when I hovered over those 'magenta-outlined' panels, they then did darken as though you could select them, but the selection was still unserviceable. So there was a slight difference, but whether that's significant, I can't say. I've since reverted that setting back to "Always". Hope that helps. Thanks Jane.

Apple Studio (M1 Max), 1 TB SSD, 32 GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me: Sonoma 14.1 and the latest Photoshop 25.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue Sonoma 14.1 and PS 25.1. The one thing I will add is every tool above the Sponge Tool is no longer available to choose.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bmitchellini See the two workarounds in this thread. 

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, already using the application frame option, although I despise it.  Any ETA on when it'll be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bmitchellini 

There is a second workaround that has been reported:

• Enable the Application frame
  • Float the Toolbar
  • Disable the Application frame

This works as long as the Tools panel remains floating. If you Dock it you'll have to repeat the steps.

As to an ETA, this was caused by Apple, so Adobe and Apple will work together on a fix and will announce it when they have it. We are not privy to inside information. 

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue currently requires a fix from Apple or Adobe.
As a temporary solution, if you are using an application frame and switch to "Full Screen Mode with Menu Bar", it will not work properly unless you switch the Workspace to another one.
Make sure that the Workspace does not connect pallet rows to each other.

Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 03.01.38.png

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disconnecting the menu panes from each other does seem to work. The trick is being able to click anywhere inside the affected pane to get it to separate from the others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Newest PS Beta out today still has the same bug. It's becoming a real hassle. Can't believe that Adobe can't do anything about this…

Votes

Translate

Translate