• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: macOS 14.1 / Photoshop 2024 v25.0/25.1 Toolbar click through issue

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well ... that wasn't something I ever expected or have ever seen. Was using Photoshop 2024 v 25.0.0 just this morning no problem with macOS 14.0.1. Updated to macOS 14.1 this afternoon, and now the top half of the toolbar clicks THROUGH the toolbar into the Finder. What? The bottom half of the toolbar works as usual. I've turned off most of the toolbar and tool prefs & that does nothing. Did a bunch of Interweb searches ... nothing relevent yet.

This is pretty new Photoshop behaviour ... wondering if anyone else has run into this yet.

Any ideas?

I could temporarily move all the most used tools to the bottom half of the toolbar. Though all the tools can be chosen by keyboard commands ... just can't click on those tools in the bar.

Color me perplexed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

macOS 14.1 Photoshop 2024 Tool Bug.gif

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Engaged , Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Ok, some good news here. Apple just had an update to Sonoma (Nov 9, 2023) and subsequent to that, I went into Ps full screen mode and tried out the docked panels as before (the ones encircled in magenta in the screenshot of the original post). They all appear to work fine now. So whatever was done, it would appear as though the issue is now resolved. With that, I will now return you to your regularly scheduled mayhem 🤪😁. Oh, and thanks to everyone who chimed in, either to confirm or suggest id

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

This should be addressed in macOS 14.1.1 which just shipped today.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

If you want to use a tool without using the application frame, turn on the application frame and separate the tool from the application frame.

1.png
After that, you should be able to use it as long as you turn off the application frame and do not attach the tool to the monitor.

2.png

Please do not perform the following operations.

3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Updating Status.
This has been a known issue since macOS Sonoma v14.1.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
95 Comments
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having similar issue with Photoshop & Illustrator since upgrading to Sonoma. Can't click on most panels when they are floating but work fine when attached to the document window. If I minimise the floating panels then they become useless and have to reset my workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue, when i try to select an option from the left toolbar it disapears and shows desktop, same with the panes on the right, however if i work with application frame the issue is fixed, BUT i need to work without Apliction frame.. so annoying, any fixes ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a solution if you read posts @jane-e  and @silk-m  carefully.

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 11.52.25.png

Adobe Photoshop Version: 25.1.0 20231016.r.120 ca99df2 arm64 Number of Launches: 5 Operating System: Mac OS 14.1.0 System architecture: Apple M1, HybridCPU(4:4) Physical processor count: 8 Built-in memory: 16384 MB Free memory: 6849 MB Memory available to Photoshop: 13826 MB Memory used by Photoshop: 70 % Crash Handler: Adobe DCX Version: 7.13.2 SAM SDK Version: 6.9.6 ACP.local Status: - SDK Version: 3.4.0 - Core Sync Status: Reachable and compatible - Core Sync Running: 6.6.4.2 - Min Core Sync Required: 4.3.66.28 Live Edit Client SDK Version: 4.0.4 C2PA library version: adobe_c2pa/0.7.6 c2pa-rs/0.25.2 NGL Version: 1.35.0.19 Chalkboard: Disabled. Precise Color Management for HDR Display: Disabled. Manta Canvas: Enabled. Alias Layers: Disabled. Highbeam: Enabled. Touch Bar Property Feedback: Enabled. Image tile size: 1024K Image cache levels: 4 Font Preview: Medium HarfBuzz Version: 7.3.0 TextEngine: Unified Text Engine ======= GPU
Native API stable: True OpenGL API stable: True OpenCL API stable: True GPUDeny: 0
GPUForce: 0
useGPU: 1
useOpenCL: 1
isGPUCapable: 1
GPUName: Apple M1
GPUVendor: APPLE
IsNativeGPUCapable: 1
IsOpenGLGPUCapable: 1
IsOpenCLGPUCapable: 1
HasSufficientRAM: 1
GPU accessible RAM: 11,453 MB
Required GPU accessible RAM: 1,500 MB
UseGraphicsProcessorChecked: 1
UseOpenCLChecked: 1
Display: 1 Display Bounds: top=0, left=0, bottom=1260, right=2240 High DPI Monitor Main Display Display Type: WCG ------- Sniffer output
[0 ms]
Launch GPUSnifferThread

[1 ms]
Start RunAllAPIs

[1 ms]
"/Applications/Adobe Photoshop 2024/Adobe Photoshop 2024.app/Contents/MacOS/sniffer" -baseTimeMS=218234 -comment=Photoshop Version: Adobe Photoshop 25.1.0 20231016.r.120 ca99df2 arm64

[181 ms]
Start sniffer 2023-10-31 10:16:02
# Photoshop Version: Adobe Photoshop 25.1.0 20231016.r.120 ca99df2 arm64
sniffer -baseTimeMS=218234 -comment=Photoshop Version: Adobe Photoshop 25.1.0 20231016.r.120 ca99df2 arm64

{15 ms}
Start platform native
# displays: 1
Display 0
Display: 1
Main: TRUE
Built in: TRUE
Stereo: FALSE
Bounds: (0, 0) -> (2,240, 1,260)
Dimensions: (4,480 2,520)
Physical size: (521.982 293.615)
Pixel size: (0.116514 0.116514)
Dynamic range: (0 1)
Potential dynamic range: (0 2)
Reference dynamic range: (0 0)
Attached Device: (DeviceID name=Apple M1 index=0)

# devices: 1
Device 0
Name: Apple M1
Preferred: TRUE
Power Envelope: DISCRETE
Attachment: EMBEDDED
# attached displays: 1
GPU accessible RAM: 11,453 MB
VRAM: 0 MB
Dedicated System RAM: 0 MB
Shared System RAM: 11,453 MB
API version: 1.0 (1.0)
Device version: 1.0 (1.0)
Vendor name: APPLE
Driver date: UNKNOWN
Driver age: UNKNOWN
Driver version: UNKNOWN
End platform native
{124 ms}

{124 ms}
Start platform OpenGL
# displays: 1
Display 0
Display: 1
Main: TRUE
Built in: TRUE
Stereo: FALSE
Bounds: (0, 0) -> (2,240, 1,260)
Dimensions: (4,480 2,520)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a MacBook Air with the M2 Chip and Photoshop 23.5.2 on Mac OS Sonoma 14.1

Disconnecting the toolbar from the rest of the windows helped really. That was yesterday. Thanks to silk-m's comment. 

Today the same problem. On top of that  my Wacom Tablet lost the driver and disconnected. No workfow possible, making me breathless. A real nightmare for a freelance like me. I closed PS and luckily everything worked again.

The question is, for how long.

Sometimes I regreted the update to Sonoma, Ventura worked fine for me. 

I closed 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find a trick working inside the select mask window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue as well. I am using PS 2024 v25.1 on a 2019 iMac.

When using the brush tool I cannot use the option key to color pick. This is essential for my work and it only broke when I updated to Sonoma this week. Everything worked fine last week.

None of the application frame on/off tricks worked.

Are we just at the mercy of these two companies? We pay a lot to use PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got advice from silk-m yesterday to disconnect the toolbar from the other windows, and it worked again.
Tody same problem. On top my wacom disconnected. I closed PS and restarted. Gone! Poooh! Spooky.
Keep the toolbar detached till further notice.

The question is for how long ist it going to work. I will never ever update again to soon.

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having exactly the same problem, very frustrating. Started happening as soon as I upgraded to Sonoma 14.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello yes this problem in photoshop can be solved by turning on the application frame. 

If you do have a Macbook Pro and upgraded to Sonoma, and you are using an external screen you might see this same issue appearing just when clicking the Mackbook pro desktop screen. 

So to fix this.

1. go to system settings.

2. Desktop and dock.

3. Desktop and Stage Manager.

4. Click wallpaper to reveal desktop.

use the drop down to swap from = always to only in stage manager. This was set by default and uses the hot coners show desktop option.

Just incase you have this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a M1 Mac Studio so using the application frame is the only fix for desktop that I can see

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the same issue with Illustrator too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Deepstare wrote: I have a M1 Mac Studio so using the application frame is the only fix for desktop

The other workaround is the one from @silk-m in this thread. Let us know if you can't find it and we'll repeat it for you.

This bug is only for those who upgraded to Sonoma. Those who use Windows or earlier versions of macOS aren't having the issue.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same panel issue since updating to Sonoma. In Illustrator, I can't select the top several tools in the toolbar. I was able to get arount the bug by activating the application frame, then detaching the toolbar and lowering it down. The same technique worked with other non-responsive panels as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nima S. take a look at this thread, there's a workaround mentioned in the second post

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/clicking-on-toolbar-is-like-clicking-off-ps-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ged_Traynor Hey, yeah I already found that out by myself, and that works for now, but I want to use the apps like always. I hope a fix is here ASAP. I also don't know who to blame for this. Adobe or Apple. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Sonoma since yesterday and me too having the same problem. Any of the tools in the left toolbar is clickable because you directly get the Finder desktop so Photoshop is unusable.

I'm so frustrated of serious bugs recent years Adobe products are having (Illustrator and Indesign included). I'm so frustrated with the multibillion companies who don't have the ability to launch software that just... works. Don't they test or debug ?? What a (cursing removed) team of developers they have. Ok, I will be the grumpy old guy not knowing what I'm talking about but it is true that it is a worldwide phenomenon of bad quality control and people don't knowing their jobs anymore. The attitude and lack of ability and responsability. In the past this just DID NOT happen this frequently neither were bugs this serious. Now, every month there are bugs and not small ones. The more they update the more bugs are released. And then Adobe pulls the umbrella, yes but it's Apple's fault. And Apple does the same. And we paying clients are the victims. 

I also noticed that when I'm in Photoshop and I click on a visible part of the Finder that the Finder desktop does not show! It doesn't trigger the windows to go out of sight. It DOES trigger when I'm in other software than Adobe's. So is it Sonoma problem or Adobe problem? I think the latter. @Adobe: When fix ? (cursing removed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello yes this problem in photoshop can be solved by turning on the application frame.  keeping the windown inside the application frame will solve this issue.

If you do have a Macbook Pro and upgraded to Sonoma, and you are using an external screen you might see this same issue appearing just when clicking the Mackbook pro desktop screen. 

So to fix this.

1. go to system settings.

2. Desktop and dock.

3. Desktop and Stage Manager.

4. Click wallpaper to reveal desktop.

use the drop down to swap from = always to only in stage manager. This was set by default and uses the hot coners show desktop option.

Just incase you have this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Sonoma with two displays, M1 Mac mini, just updated to 14.1, and I haven't seen any palette or toolbar issues except the intermittent "moving palettes" bug that has been around for a while in multiple Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating Status.
This has been a known issue since macOS Sonoma v14.1.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not helpful. PS does not work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This 100% worked.... for now. Thank you.

"I'm having the same panel issue since updating to Sonoma. In Illustrator, I can't select the top several tools in the toolbar. I was able to get arount the bug by activating the application frame, then detaching the toolbar and lowering it down. The same technique worked with other non-responsive panels as well."

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since two days I have an on off relation with PS and my wacom tablet too. Impossible to work.
Since I do not have a fallback divice I decided to by a second mackbook air and go back to Ventura.
I derply regret my Sonoma update.

Votes

Translate

Translate