• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Photoshop started popping a weird blank page at launch since yesterday.

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been using 21.0.3. version for years now. I didn't update it because later versions had some problems with the flick panning option that even the senior tech team couldn't solve. (In case you tell me to update Photoshop to solve the issue)

Anyway, the issue is this:

스크린샷 2023-07-26 104951.png

After this loading screen is gone,

스크린샷 2023-07-26 104954.png

This blank window pops up. Photoshop launches normally after I close this window manually.

This never happened for years, my hardware did not change for 3 months now, and my Windows is up to date, including optional updates. The graphic driver is also up to date.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how to solve it?

Thanks for your time, have a great day.

Bob

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @soocheolc13158380 that could be the issue "Windows is up to date and graphic driver is also up to date". When you make the choice to stay on a specific release of software, in this case 21.0.3 you also should stop running OS and peripheral updates. Continuing to make updates on resources could create an incompatibility between your 2020 Photoshop and current drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, @kevin stohlmeyer, thanks for the reply!

That actually sounds plausible. Hmm.. but I can't stop updating Windows and drivers. Guess I better find another way.

Again, thanks for your time, have a nice day!

edit) Okay, I solved the issue. It was a promotion window that told me to upgrade to a higher plan. The latest Photoshop I just installed showed the non-blank promotion window, while my version showed a blank one (probably) because it's obsolete.

Ticking "don't show me again" on the latest version solved the issue for my 21.0.3 version as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines