• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Auto Blend Layers not focus blending - Photoshop 2014.1

LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2014 Aug 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 4 registered images of fungi, all images are at the same exposure settings but focused at different levels within the frame. I need to 'blend' together to make one image with a combined DoF.
Ok, so I've imporetd into PSCC as 4 stacked Layers, non of which are Background Layers. I've selected all 4, auto alligned and then used Auto Blend Layers [ABL]. The outcome is that the top 3 layers have totaly black masks applied and the bottom all white. All I basically get as an output is one of the 4 images, no selectivity whatsoever, presumably because of the 3 totally black masks. It also executes the process very quickly.
I assume ABL should be selecting the better focused areas on each image [white on the black masks] and combining all to give me one image with collective DoF. This isn't happening

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014
This issue is fixed in the 2014.2 update. See the update announcement here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/photoshopdotco...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 202 Replies 202
202 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2014 Sep 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this unsuccessful trial has proven to me that I should look elsewhere for my software - good bye Adobe CC as far as I am concerned

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported the problem on July 28th. I spent over an hour 'chatting' with a tech rep. and was told it would be fixed with the next update. That update has yet to arrive!

I believe at least one month credit should be given for a problem that, for me, is approaching 2 months since I reported it..... and it still hasn't been fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing better .... only you and your work will suffer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, in talking with ADOBE, India, Pakistan, Philippines, I too spent over an hour and let them access my computer only to determine it is a known bug - Request a refund. I got a month free and if it goes another month I will request another waiver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to let them access your computer. Before the chat starts you can write what the issue is about. I wrote what's not working and pointed out it is a bug confirmed by Adobe, and I also pointed out why I see it is only proper to give some compensation as it is an important feature I need in work etc. You can even send them a link to this thread, so there should be nothing unclear what it is about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just been back to them as I was only offered 10 days credit. That's now been increased to a month and I also added a link to this page as Paul suggested !

They have said the details will be passed on.

Keep complaining folks, we might get somewhere eventually !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done Nick, if I was customer I would do likewise. Asked my photographer friends in my club to check their systems last night, two have so far reported the same fault but lucky for them they don't use the stacking feature

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raymond, have you tried Zerene Stacker or Helicon (out of curiosity of course)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In regards to Helicon, has anyone used their program for image CAPTURE? It is my understanding that you can use the program to actually take the images in software-controlled increments if your camera is tethered to your computer. The results are astoundingly clear from what I've seen. If anyone has, please let me know directly as it is out of topic in this discussion: pjcaver@gwi.net

Peter Jones

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter
I have read a lot about this but yet to try it. It is also my understanding that using Helicon Remote when tethered. the software will take control of "certain" cameras and lenses. Check this http://www.heliconsoft.com/heliconsof... for details. I am still on trial period with Helicon and find it easy to use. I have posed questions to them via the Forum and always get a quick response despite being a non-paying user (yet). Having just bought the Canon MP-E65mm I am seriously thinking of buying the Remote software next week when my trial ends.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Peter, part of link missing above http://www.heliconsoft.com/heliconsof...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update (2014.2) will be available in the very near future. I can't give a specific date, but final testing is underway.

I will update the bug once the fix is live. Sorry this has taken longer than we'd like. I appreciate your patience. Again, the workaround is to install a prior version from your Creative Cloud app. Directions here: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update (2014.2) will be available in the very near future. I can't give a specific date, but final testing is underway.

I will update the bug once the fix is live. Sorry this has taken longer than we'd like. I appreciate your patience. Again, the workaround is to install a prior version from your Creative Cloud app. Directions here: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice to hear something. One of the main issues is not hearing at all. Even tech support was not aware. Adobe needs to do a better job in this regard including fully testing every release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can my trial period be extended so I can try it when "de-bugged" as this particular tool is what I signed up to try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raymond, this is our bug tracking tool - so support should have known. Apologies. I will follow up with our support team. Richard, let me see what I can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news, hearing that the bug has been acknowledged and a fix is on the way is what we wanted to hear. The one month credit is appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. I marked it acknowledge as soon as it was reported and we could reproduce (see my first Official Answer at the the top of the page)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Jeffrey, much appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope Adobe realizes that "Photoshop CC", (not only CC 2014) is not working properly also and needs work. CS6 is the last version to work perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC is working

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC is working, this was only broken in CC 2014.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 2014.0.0 also works, I just did a 74 image stack of D800E files which, before flattening, produced a 23.4GB file!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo!

Wir sind eine Firma aus Südtirol, die sich auf das erstellen von Texturen spezialisiert hat. Nun haben wir ein großes Problem, wir haben immer mit dem Photomerge tool gearbeitet, (das bis jetzt auch wunderbar funktioniert hat) nun seit dem letzten Update setzt es die Bilder nicht mehr korrekt aneinander. Wird das behoben? Oder gibt es eine andere Möglichkeit? Bitte um schnelle Antwort, da wir sehr sehr dringend eine Alternative brauchen. Danke im voraus!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate