• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Backspace key not working with Polygonal and Magnetic Lasso (Windows, 14.2)

LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 8.1, photoshop cc 14.2: delete in Polygon lasso doesn't work, and esc doesn't answer if i not hold it down 1 sec.

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014
This issue is fixed in the 14.2.1 update: http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/?p=...

Votes

Translate

Translate
74 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I've taken the last update of Photoshop CC I have been having to deal with the Polygonal Lasso tool not working properly. Normally you can deselect points or back-up in mid-selection using the delete key. All of the sudden my delete key is useless for this? Anyone else having these problems? Help! I miss my delete key!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my windows 7 machine, with Photoshop CC 14.2, I have the same issue.
Extremely frustrating.
Backspace no longer removes the previous Lasso point. And I have to hold Escape or press it several times to cancel my current lasso.

Using the Lasso Tool just got much much worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the report. I've logged it in the bug database and we are currently investigating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've been getting a strange problem with my magnetic lasso tool and I suspect it is a bug from the last update on 16/01/2014. The problem is that I cannot remove anchor points at all whilst using the tool, I've tried both backpsace and delete and everything else it might logically (or should) be.

I'd be greatly pleased if someone could reply or offer possible solutions :).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The polygonal lasso tool doesn't work as usual on photoshop CC since the last update. We can't make a backspace shortcut to redefine the last point of the selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also effecting magnetic lasso, del key does not work....
does anyone know how to reverse update without reinstall photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the backspace (or delete) keys not working with the polygon lasso tool, you can no longer press to terminate the selection process. My productivity just went down about 300%. Hope these issues are fixed immediately (or sooner).

See the "FIX" noted below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lasso selection will not recurse the selection with the delete key nor the backspace key since the latest update. Version 4.12 x64.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And very often when i use polygon lasso and use space to move the pic it suddenly have been another new point, like i clicked

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2014 Jan 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zomming with ctrl+/- (while using the polygon lasso) doesn't work either with 14.2 x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2014 Jan 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't workkk, ESC, BACKSPACE, DELETE keys..
Please fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here: have to double-click ESC for it to release the Magnetic Lasso. Delete and Backspace have absolutely no effect. Should we get one point in the wrong place we have to start over. Not happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i used the "polygon lasso tool" (very often) and want to undo the last point with the Backspace key but nothing happen. My Keyboard is ok, Keyboardlanguage is ok too. I have tested it. I try this very often and it won't work. I use the latest version of Photoshop via Creative Cloud. The problem appeared after the last update. Are there any tricks to get rid of the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2014 Jan 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeanne,

Is there any update on this as i'm having the same problem with the backspace or delete keys not working with the polygon lasso tool! any update would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, just downloaded and the tool I need most doesn't work. Quick fix, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get your act together adobe! i pay a h e l l lot of money for this and i need the basics to just work. one step back with polygonal lasso tool is absolutely elementary for my work with photoshop.

photoshop creative cloud + windows 7

*grrrmmmbl* sry for ranting but this is soooooooo frustrating. fix it asap please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BT

the lasso tool and the magnetic lasso tool will not accept the "backspace" to delete an errant anchor

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the lasso tool and the magnetic lasso tool will not accept the backspace to delete an errant anchor why fix it i need it im lost time

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2014 Jan 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May as well add to the list of disgruntled CC users.

The lasso tool functionality is very frustrating, along with a host of other things that Adobe in all of their wisdom have decided to change or remove.

I think the phrase "if it ain't broke"... sums things up nicely.

This is not budget software, so please release an update to rectify these issues....

Don't make me get MS Paint out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick fix please?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many people, me included, need this tool for their work. Its very time consuming if you make a small mistake and have to start all over again. I thought adobe was doing so well and would be able to fix something like this in a short time. Its not that this is a cheap programm..... . Come on, please fix this thing!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the update to Photoshop 14.2 x64 while using the polygonal lasso pressing the delete key no longer removes previous clicks. This is highly frustrating when making a detailed/precise selection and an errant click is irreversible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. This is a very crucial part of the magnetic lasso tool, please bring it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2014 Feb 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't work because of this damn new photoshop cc !: That's a real shi**. Maybe cc means Double Crap ?
People are really paing for this shi** ?
Anyway i'm really thankfull, i love to lose money. Please continue like that, so i will be a bum !! Love it

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2014 Feb 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to backspace delete to remove points using either the magnetic lasso or the polygonal lasso. This occurred immediately after the latest PSCC upgrade. I chatted with your first tier tech, tried everything she said, to no avail. This went on for about two hours. She finally agreed to escalate the problem and my request up a notch. This was over a week ago, but I have heard no response back. Sorry, but I have lost the case number.

Votes

Translate

Translate