• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Blank thumbnails in Photoshop style panel

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my style presets have turned into blank thumbnails. They work and (probably) do the thing they were set up to do, but I no longer have a reference point for which is which! Also, my library stopped synching new styles a few weeks ago and I haven't had a chance to figure it out. Is this realated and how do I get the thumbnails back?? (i reset preferences and reinstalled etc.).  By the way, I'm using the Beta version primarily but have both installed as they like to take turns working on my M1 :).  The problem appears to be affecting both applications. Screenshot below. (Also, somewhat urgent as I do use the program everyday for work and rely quite heavily on the presets I've developped to get my work done quickly...I am now blundering through my workflow...)

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
9 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that, and thank you for this report! 
We have already found and fixed the issue.  You should see resolution in the next Beta distribution, currently on plan for late this week.  For now your workaround could be to use the 24.6 released version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the new version photoshop 24.6 the adjustment panel is blank, and sometimes it comes up with the list of adjustments, but nothing happens when clicking on any of them. The 24.7 beta version works just fine , and also previous PS versions work OK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bet1947 try manually resetting your Photoshop preferences
https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
Remember to backup your settings before doing the preference reset
https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I will give that a try. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I manually reset photoshop preferences , but that didn't fix the problem. The adjustment panel  has all the adjustments grayed out so clicking on them won't open. adj panel.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand how the beta version 24.7 works just fine with the adjustment panel, but PS 24.6 won't work. I wonder if there is a file I could copy from the beta version and install in PS 24.6 . Maybe the beta settings? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a work around way of getting it to work, but only temporary. If I shut down PS and reboot computer and open PS again, then sometimes it will work, but sometimes I have to re-boot several more times before it will  start working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to PS 24.7 and I am having same problem. If I shut down PS several times and re-open, than sometimes I will get lucky and it will work fine. The beta version 24.7 works just fine all the time, so I am confused why the problem is PS 24.6 and 24.7 . Previous older versions works fine also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still have the problem, but not as often now that I went back to an older version 24.5 . 24.6 and 24.7 finally the panel would never open up. I would love to find a fix for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate