• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Brush Outline/Circle disappearing when working with masks

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is already a discussion in the community "Brush Outline/Circle disappearing intermittently (NOT CAPS LOCK) ". But since I have figured out in detail how to reproduce the behavior and when it becomes present, I want to report the issue officialy that Adobe hopefully will fix this in one of the next upcoming patch releases.

OS Environment:

• Win 10 Pro 64bit 21H1
  • Adobe Ps 23.0.2

The issue is only present in combination when using Masks on a layer!

1. Create a new document (white, black or transparent layer)
  2. Add a Mask to the layer
  3. Select the layer OR the mask (independent on what you want to paint)
  4. Select the brush tool
  5. Try to start moving the mouse quickliy and pressing the left mouse button nearly at the same time and keep the mouse button pressed
  6. Try to repeat until the you get locked in the issue and the brush circle disappears and the mouse arrow becomes visible

When working with a mouse as input device, the chance to facing this issue is probably rare because this kind of operation, moving the mouse and clicking the button nearly at the same time is kindly unnatural.

But it looks different when using a pen tablet as input device, because now it becomes a more natural operation when hover the pen toward the tablet surface and then drop down onto the surface to start painting.

Kind regards

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 207 Replies 207
207 Comments
Enthusiast ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jeromea13244388 Yes, I agree. I also feel as I continue to use it, but I feel that 25.0 is very risky to use in my retouching workflow...
I roll back to 24.0.1 again.
All versions from 24.5 to 25.0 are unavailable due to this brush cursor and sticky hand tool bug I want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jqqerry: Have you been in contact with the Adobe team about this bug recently ? I haven't been re-contacted since this summer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue on windows 11 as well. PS v24.7.1 and v25.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jeromea13244388 No, I haven't received any mail since then. Didn't you hear from them, too? But I think we have no choice but to wait for it to be fixed because we have already provided things that can be reproduced and helped. It's worse in this bug 25.0. lol 😃

@June1234 Would you like to try 24.0.1?
And if you don't have to use 2023,2024, roll back to 2022. I've "never" experienced this bug in Photoshop 2022.
Bug derived from Photoshop 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup V24.0.1, and V22.2 works perfectly fine.   Except that v24.0.1 has issues with pen tilt.  I'm on beta 25.1 right now and it seems pretty good.  I've been using it for a good 2 hours and I didn't run into the issues as of yet.  I'll update after I use it more.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jqqerry do you mind also trying beta 25.1?  I want to confirm that it's not just me.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind. v25.1 beta has the same issue unfortunately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@June1234 Yes. I haven't tried beta 25.1 but it probably hasn't been fixed. Because these bugs that last nearly a year (or older) are published in beta before they are reflected in the official release when some fixes are made. And the thread usually tells you, "There are some fixes for this bug."

So I think I'll have to wait a few more months. =(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jqqerry I think I may have found the culprit for this.  But I'm not entirely sure yet.  If you don't mind, what cache tile size are you using for photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@June1234 
Cache Level 4 

Cache Tile Size 1028k

My main pc is Ryzen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@June1234 
I have
Cache Level 8

Cache Tile Size 1024k
I doubt that here lies the problem, I already tested several configuration on that front.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@June1234 And as far as I remember (I may be wrong). I think I've seen it a long time ago) The cache tile size is automatically configured as 1024, 1028, depending on the manufacturer of the CPU (intel/ryzen), so it won't be a matter of tile size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jeromea13244388 @Jqqerry So I've been using 24.7.1 for the past few days after resettting my preferences and making sure my cache tile is set to the default value of 1028 ( I have a ryzen cpu), and I haven't been running into this issue at all as of yet.   It's probably bound to happen sooner or later, but before, when I had my cache tile value set to 132, I've had this issue happen to me like constantly every 1 or 2 hours.  I have no idea if cache tile and this issue is related at all, but for me at the very least changing my cache tile back to the default settings has been working.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@June1234  Thanks for share your expereince. But 1024 or 1028k is already default size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@June1234 I am working with a cache tile of 1024k and sure I tried 1028k, too, always had the same problem. The bug appears when I draw on a new layer so maybe you havn't exprienced it yet because you haven't changed layers yet ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its crazy that this is still unresolved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SATAN25496335dtyqThe brush tool has bugs, the select tool has bugs, the rotate tool has bugs, apparently the hand tools has bugs, the most basic stuff in an art software is bugged beyond belief but you can generate lighthouses with AI so everything's fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jeromea13244388 However, the resolution of the ai is too small to be used unless it is for posting on Instagram or something. Of course, commercial commercial photos are not available because of their texutre quality.... =( 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jeromea13244388  In 25.1 version is Same ... lol
Since when have we been talking about this bug? =(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jqqerry

At this point I just hope for a more stable version... Besides the flickering bug, does this update corrects the freezing/crashing/GPU malfunctioning bugs of 25.0 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jeromea13244388 I'm not sure about that...
For now this cursor bug and hand tool bug is still definitely not fixed and I just tested it and deleted it so I'm not sure... =(
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

I don't think what you said is on the fixed issue list either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Nov 25, 2023 Nov 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The flicking bug is still here but nevertheless I upgraded to the latest version (25.1) as it seemed to have fixed the bug regarding the rotation tool (I'll have to check it further though) and, more important, a bug I noticed just a few days ago in Photoshop 2023 where the texture of some textured brushes was not working correctly (and I'm talking about kyle webster brushes provided by adobe)... Don't ask me why. I was wondering for a long time why I couldn't manage to get that crayon texture I had been getting before, turns out it was some kind of photoshop bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Nov 25, 2023 Nov 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jeromea13244388  interesting... I think I'll keep it at 24.0.1 until this thread is posted on fixed issue.... =(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JqqerryBy the way, the bug is still not fixed in 25.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JqqerryMaybe some kind of breakthrough : I usually work in CMYN but I just noticed that the bug seems to disappear if I work in a RGB space (Photoshop version 25.2)...

Votes

Translate

Translate