• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Copying layers (and groups) moves them to another artboard

LEGEND ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a Document with multiple Artboards, when i copy an Layer and/or Groups via the "New Layer" Button in the Layers Panel, The copied Layers move to the first Artboard in the Document and on a different position. 

Costs me lot of work to move the Layers where they should belong..... 

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019
This issue should be fixed in the current version, Photoshop 2020 v21.x or later. Let us know if you're still having trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate
11 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe there's something similar about it: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2551431

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah Thank you! That is exactly the Problem im facing.
Good to hear its allready fixed in Development Build. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Engineering is working a fix for this. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2019:  When I duplicate a shape layer by dragging the layer onto the Create New Layer button at the bottom of the layer panel, the duplicate layer appears in a different artboard rather than duplicating directly above its parent layer.  When I bring that duplicate layer back into its intended artboard, it is no longer in alignment with its parent shape.  This issue was not occurring in PS 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you copy a layer via right-click in an Artboard (other than the 1st one). Let's say you're in Artboard #3. And you want to copy a layer into the same Artboard. It copies the layer onto Artboard #1.

I already let friends test it on their PC and Mac with their account. The have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop CC 20.0.1

This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. 

See what’s fixed

To update Photoshop CC to 20.0.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop CC. More detailed instructions for updating

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link says this bug has been fixed, but it is not. It still occurs for me in 20.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sorry, I experience the bug when using ctrl+c, ctrl+v on groups.
Perhaps a different but related issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP reported a problem one of the the Duplicate Layer  and Duplicate Layers (plural) mechanism in an Artboard context. Those issues were fixed in 20.0.1

I was able to reproduce the problem with Command-C/Control-C followed by Command-V/Control-V. Unfortunately, this code path that was not made artboard-savvy; it was an oversight. FWIW, it is also broken in CC 2018, but in a different way. I've logged bug PS-27475 "Copy/Paste of layers (not duplicate layers) within Artboard does not work as expected".

You are correct that this is a different bug. It is specific to the copy/paste mechanism. There are a bunch of behaviors that are broken when copy-pasting, depending on the source selection and the destination selection at the time of pasting. I counted at least 5 failure modes. So, unfortunately, pretty much nothing works as expected when copying and pasting in combination with Artboards. To top things off, there is an obnoxious auto-scroll behavior which is unhelpful.

So. Bug logged. No ETA I can give. Thanks for the report, and apologies for the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This issue should be fixed in the current version, Photoshop 2020 v21.x or later. Let us know if you're still having trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate