• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Error PS version 25.7.0. User defined correction presets stop working

Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When upgrading to version 25.7.0, user-defined correction presets stop working. We can not see a particular pattern based on which some work, some dont. Those presets that don't work, are greyed out and it says they are incompatible, however, this does not make sense, since other presets who do the same thing continue to work.

This is not a minor thing. We built a variety of presets which many of our customers are using and all of them are now facing the same problem.

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 09, 2024 May 09, 2024

Thanks for reporting this. We have been able to reproduce the issue and have passed it on to the product team to investigate.

I found that it failed on the following blend modes: 

Darken, Color burn, Darker color, Lighten, Color dodge, Lighter color, Difference, Exclusion, Subtract, Divide, Hue, Saturation, Color, Luminosity.

The rest worked normally.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
50 Comments
Participant ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't use my custom adjusment presets because they are greyed out. What is the continuous problem with Adobe Photoshop? Seems like everytime they update, they break something. Why not fix what's broken, then add that as an update. Adobe is like a local mechanic. They fix one thing in the program and break another, so you have to keep restarting the program just to make it fully load. I've rebooted my system and they still won't load. This is what I'm paying for? There's other software out there far better than photoshop & they don't breakdown like PS & cheaper. Now I have create the preset all over again and do the adjustments manually? What the purpose of having the preset, if you can't use it? Thanks Adobe for nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I restarted my system and went to CC only to find out there's an update. I updated to 25.6 and launched PS and now my custom presets are gone. Now I have to recreate them all over again. Funny how Adobe has no problem taking my monthly payment, but can't give me the product I'm paying for. Funny, Not Funny. If I was to stop paying for it, it would work exactly the way it's supposed to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two of my three Adjustment presets are "greyed out." How can I restore them? Any advice will be gratefully received.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same happened to me, just updated PS and my presets are not working, did you manage to find a solution? This is so bad :///

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a couple adjustment presets by selecting adjustment layers and then clicking the little plus icon:

Photoshop_bdRwmKTE1O.png

For some reason that I can't discern - some of the presets that I created are grayed out and unusable. So I want to delete them (See the two "Hypervisor" presets in the above screenshot).

I can't figure out any way to accomplish this. How do I delete these presets?

And why are they grayed out?

Any help would be hugely appreciated as I love the idea of this feature but it's just not working well.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems with the Photoshop 2024 (ps ver 25.7) update some of the Layer Blending Modes used to create the Adjustments presets in previous Photoshop versions no longer work.

Here one of the presets i created uses the Luminosity layer blending mode is greyed out after the 25.7 update and the Luminosity blend mode no longer works when creating a preset and results in the preset being greyed out.

Did you use any layer blending modes in your presets that are greyed out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the presets we've made use layer blending modes like Luminosity, which apparently aren't compatible with the 25.7 update.

So check if you've used any Layer Blending modes other than Normal in your presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have. This must be fixed asap. Presets that only support "normal" are not worth to be a function in Photoshop and this whole idea about "adjustment presets" being done by users should be scrapped immediately. I hope Adobe has a look at this and fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from cc desktop">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adjustment Presets that use the luminosity blending mode are no longer working in the latest update of Photoshop (25.7.0). This is also true for the latest version of the Photoshop BETA. In addition to not working, presets created with the luminosity blending mode can't be deleted. When hovering over them, the tool tip claims the adjustment preset uses a blend mode not compatible with the document.

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 1.10.43 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'User Presets' for new adjustment presets is disabled (L/Gayed out) and will not be deleted in version 25.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem since the latest update.  Not all, but most of my custom adjustment presets are greyed out and I've spent literally hours searching for a solution!  Please let me know if you find one.  I feel your pain!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you just update to 25.7?

Check Help>System Info from within Photoshop and read the top line Adobe Photoshop Version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that's it. When you hover over the grayed out preset it says that the preset uses incompatible blending modes. Which blows my mind because they are just very simple blending modes. Why couldn't the preset store that data?

Also there is still the problem of deleting presets. I can't figure out how to remove my grayed out presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dem schließe ich mich in vollem Umfang an!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen Klaus Göbel

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue just now and it is the Luminosity Blending mode that is causing the issue. when I set the layer with Luminosity blend mode to normal and then make an adjustment preset, it isn't greyed out and I'm able to delete it.

I hope they fix this as I have 5 good presets I made that I'm unable to use. Luckily I have them all in a working document so I can recover what I did to make them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to add, Soft Light works fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dem schließe ich mich an! Bitte so schnell wie möglich ändern! 

Mit freundlichen Grüßen -

Barbara Grevesmühl 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2024 Apr 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same frustration.  I made a series of adjustment presets and now only 3 of them work.  The rest are greyed out.  I still have the originals backed up on a separate drive so that maybe I can import them again if or when Adobe fixes this.  As for deleting your greyed out presets: You need to go into the Photoshop 2024 folder on your computer, (Windows) and search for "yours", then delete the file(s) "yours.json" and any other relevant files.  Then restart PS.  It worked for me, but you need to decide for yourself if you don't feel confident deleting files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dem schließe ich mich an! Bitte so schnell wie möglich ändern! 

Mit freundlichen Grüßen 

Sönke Rönna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bitte so schnell wie möglich ändern

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dem schließe ich mich in vollem Umfang an!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Udo Klose

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bitte so schnell wie möglich ändern .

Votes

Translate