• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Create new window not reflecting right dimensions from clipboard

Participant ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having an issue with photoshop where File > New > is not auto-inputting the clipboard size into the canvas size for the new document. This has worked on every version of photoshop until this point. I sadly ended up on version 23.3.2 (photoshop just updated itself in the last couple days I guess without me noticing, and I am pretty sure I had that auto update turned off since I reverted back to 22.2 a couple weeks ago, sigh)

Have you guys considered testing your product before launching updates? I reverted back to 22.2 because of all the bugs I was experiencing with the latest versions. Seems turning auto update off cant even save me. 

{Thread title modified by moderator}

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Hi everyone, 

The fix for this should be available to all now and will come from the Creative Cloud desktop app, and not through a Photoshop update. 

To update: 

• Visit the Creative Cloud Desktop app's "Updates" tab, and click Check for Updates. 
  • If that doesn't resolve it, try signing out of Creative Cloud desktop app, and signing back in.

If you performed this workaround, you may need to revert those workaround steps to receive the updated plugin. 

If updated successfully, you will se

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Just switched to Legacy "New Document" Interface and it works fine that way.

Edit > Preferences > General > check Use Legacy "New Document" Interface

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 310 Replies 310
310 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand if Adobe thinks there are other workflows to support, but removing completely the one that used to be first in line (screen capture - File-New - paste from clipboard) from the new UI seems to be shortsighted. Just give us a different way to do it in the new UI, please.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake.  I have the fix already with the latest update.  Funny, it didn't work yesterday, but whatever.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's likely a byproduct of the absolute travesty of an application "adobe creative cloud" is.  some of the worst software I've ever had the displeasure of interacting with -- and don't even get me started on corporate deployments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quotesquirrelchew
that's likely a byproduct of the absolute travesty of an application "adobe creative cloud" is. some of the worst software I've ever had the displeasure of interacting with -- and don't even get me started on corporate deployments.

This should help you out then:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately, it does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

squirrelchew: unfortunately, it does not.

So you're unable to uninstall your Adobe applications and ACC? Start a new post and let us know the exact issues you found removing them and we guide you further.  

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel that you are intentionally missing the point. :]

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

squirrelchew: I feel that you are intentionally missing the point

Perhaps. But if you're so unhappy with ACC and other Adobe products, there was is a solution provided.  😉

"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy." Isaac Newton

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will verify that with the latest update, this seems to be resolved for me.
Please know that I sincerely appreciate the fix as this is something I use a lot in my work.

In hindsight I feel Adobe took a LONG time to address this. 
Just saying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed for quite some time now that when you copy a picture from the internet by right clicking>copy and then go to Photoshop>File>New>Doc Type=Clipboard that the doc size doesn't mirror the picture I copied on first attempt to create that new doc. Instead, I have to cancel the first attempt and then repeat the File>new process, at which point on the second attempt it DOES replicate the image size into the doc size... but only on the second attempt. This used to be flawless but has been "broken" for about a year. Is there any way to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also worth noting, even when the copied picture dimensions are replicated in the File>new process, the most recently copied image doesn't always paste in. Instead, it'll be the image copied before that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mattl63375823 , are you using an older version, or has this issue resurfaced?

See this post for the entire discussion:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-create-new-window-not-reflecting-right-dim...

See this post from Pete Green on August 2022 for the fix:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-create-new-window-not-reflecting-right-dim...

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I updated it to v 6.0.0.31. We'll see how that works. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mattl63375823 wrote:

OK I updated it to v 6.0.0.31. We'll see how that works. Thanks

You're welcome, Matt.

6.0.0.31 doesn't sound like a version of Photoshop. Can you confirm that?

Also, staff has moved your thread into the primary thread I linked to earlier. They will see your replies now.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I think I misspoke. Someone in a previous post said to update Photoshop and CC and go to Photoshop>Help>System Info. This is where I got that info from: https://paste.pics/c31312c71b563ab1916926479898de1f

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here thick this out. Its working fine for us.
Update to the latest version of photoshop. It should be fine.
cheers

{Personal Info removed by moderator}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update has not fixed this bug. It still happens. Again, I copy a picture from the internet by right click>copy. Then I go to photoshop>file>new with clipboard set as the doc type. This window also displays the doc size it thinks you want, but it's always wrong. The only fix is to say OK to the incorrect dimensions and repeat the file>new process so that the second coming will have the correct dimensions. And even then it's 50/50 that it will paste the last picture I copied. The other half it still pastes the image from the previous copy/paste. I've been using Photoshop for 25 years, so I'm quite sure I know how to copy/paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mattl63375823 Do you have the Use Legacy “New Document” Interface box checked in Preferences? If so, and you still aren't able to copy and paste with same dimensions, please let us know.

JEL_0-1669825749338.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it was already checked. PS: It seems to have the most difficulty when the picture sizes I'm copying vary. In other words, I copy/paste a picture that is horizontal, then the next one is the exact same size = higher success rate of copy/paste clipboard working. But when the images I'm copying vary in vertical/horizontal format and size in general, that's when the problem always occurs.

https://paste.pics/1ac8a34879861e047b5a8d79da538e43

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. That is strange. I can't duplicate it (Windows 10, Photoshop 24.0.1 Release). I tried with a variety of sizes, pasting into new and existing documents, and the clipboard always retains the right dimensions. What are your system specs? Try restoring your Preferences using this manual method: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually. Then, go back and check the same box and try to copy and paste again. If that doesn't make any difference, quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a brand new laptop with supermax capabilities - maybe only a few weeks old - but it was happening on my old laptop too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10, 11? macOS Ventura, Monterey? Did you try the Preferences reset?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previous laptop was Windows 10, this one is Windows 11. Have not reset preferences. No time for that right now since it's not a guaranteed solution and will create more time-consuming problems restoring everything back to my needs if it's not the right thing to do. Rest of laptop specs here:

https://paste.pics/0992b7c93febe99dc9d83f35ecc67155

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me add one more oddity to this whole thing. I said earlier that even when the file>new process uses the clipboard size as the dimensions correctly that it's still 50/50 that it will paste in the correct picture, right? Often times, it pastes in the image I copied 2 images ago rather than what I just copied. So when that happens, I will X that file out to close it, then file>new and then paste and the correct image appears. But the odd part is that it's not like I went back to the internet file and re-copied it. Nope, it pastes the correct image on the second attempt despite pasting the image before that on first attempt and never going back to re-copy the image it didn't paste. It's like it has 2 images in its memory and when I want to paste image 2 only, it will paste image 1 and then 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mattl63375823 Then that has nothing to do with Photoshop and is a system/OS issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate