• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Create new window not reflecting right dimensions from clipboard

Participant ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having an issue with photoshop where File > New > is not auto-inputting the clipboard size into the canvas size for the new document. This has worked on every version of photoshop until this point. I sadly ended up on version 23.3.2 (photoshop just updated itself in the last couple days I guess without me noticing, and I am pretty sure I had that auto update turned off since I reverted back to 22.2 a couple weeks ago, sigh)

Have you guys considered testing your product before launching updates? I reverted back to 22.2 because of all the bugs I was experiencing with the latest versions. Seems turning auto update off cant even save me. 

{Thread title modified by moderator}

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Hi everyone, 

The fix for this should be available to all now and will come from the Creative Cloud desktop app, and not through a Photoshop update. 

To update: 

• Visit the Creative Cloud Desktop app's "Updates" tab, and click Check for Updates. 
  • If that doesn't resolve it, try signing out of Creative Cloud desktop app, and signing back in.

If you performed this workaround, you may need to revert those workaround steps to receive the updated plugin. 

If updated successfully, you will se

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Just switched to Legacy "New Document" Interface and it works fine that way.

Edit > Preferences > General > check Use Legacy "New Document" Interface

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 310 Replies 310
310 Comments
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would't be as harsh as to say that there hasn't been testing before release, but it is increasingly getting frustrating to see so many update with some many wrinkles. Maybe reducing the update frequency and giving more time to consolidate features would be a good idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 23.5.0, the latest "update". I updated it last night just before making this post. I tested it several times and the bug is still there and nothing was fixed. I"m using windows 10 with all the latest updates and all drivers are updated too. Adobe just refuses to fix the bug they induced a short while back. All they would have to do is trace it down to what they did that caused the problem, then reverse that and roll out the fixed "update" and the problem is solved. It's called troubleshooting, but I guess they don't know that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2022 Aug 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been corrected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it has not been corrected. The bug is still there. I just tried it again and it's STILL BROKEN. I'll show you. https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/73bd1156-2505-400e-6d0d-b078602e9ee6 you'll have to click the link to see the video as adobe has made it nearly impossible to put a video in a post. 

joeh87907460_0-1661190144644.png

That is a valid URL but I suppose adobe will only allow youtube videos. [abuse removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not fixed with latest update. Hello.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm it seem fixed on my end.... hopefully for good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opening a new document after copying an image to the clipboard as in a screen print, the top left and highlighted suggested document resolution is correct but when double clicked or pressed enter on, opens a document at a different resolution, often the one to the right of the suggested one. This bug is quite a nuisance and has been around for some time. The only workaround is to first select another resolution from the list and then go back to the top left originally highlighted one and click again and press enter or double click on it. Wonder if Adobe plans to fix this or even knows about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ron Gross 

FYI, there are multiple workarounds, not just one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They know about it, and refuse to fix it because they just don't giv [cursing removed].

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They know about it, and refuse to fix it because they just don't givadamn.

The absurd is the last refuge of a pundit without an argument.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this taking so long to fix Adobe? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS 23.5.0, updated 5 days ago in my part of the world, issue persists.

Using the Legacy New Document setting works but WHY should we have to go back to this for the new document copied from clipboard.
This just demonstrates that they broke it from before 😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure this is a bug both on Windows and macOS.

First on macOS, my clipboard is 3000x3000. If I hit cmd+n, usually the preset details on the right would match the clipboard. In this example, by default the document size is set to 221x201 instead of 3000x3000. 221x201 is the size of what was previously, not currently in the clipboard:

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 10.47.26 PM copy.jpg

As you can see it is also happening in Windows 11:

2022-08-24 copy.jpg

The clipboard is 787 x 697 pixels, but on the right our document setting is 3435 x 4082 pixels.

Before if you copied an image or a portion of one and hit ctrl/cmd+n and enter the new document would match the clipboard exactly, with the latest update it's not doing that. The work around is to click on any of the Custom icons, then click back on Clipboard color and pixel dimension settings, then click on create or hit enter.

I'm looking in Preferences and I am not finding how to switch this back to normal so I am assuming it is a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been hundreds of posts on this bug over the last few months:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-create-new-window-not-reflecting-right-dim...

You'll likely find that your bug report will be merged into that topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stephen_A_Marsh and yet here we are 9 weeks later and still without a patch. This is a 1 day fix and would have saved countless thousands of lost hours and frustration. While the workaround is simple, that doesn't take away from the fact that this bug has negatively affected 10's of thousands of users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a 1 day fix and would have saved countless thousands of lost hours and frustration.

By Earth Oliver

Good to know you've got the Photoshop source code to inform us of this. Clearly this is an easy bug fix and Adobe is going out of it's way to upset you and their customers. 

Now back on Earth One (pun intended). 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TheDigitalDog The whole reason they made a UXP version of this panel (and others) is to allow for quick and easy updates, right? Imagine if they dumped all these resources into a new platform and now it takes them months to fix something as simple as this? Does that sound logical to you?
Although, given the now 7 year disaster that is Export As, maybe i'm totally wrong and they did develop something even worse than what came before...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole reason they made a UXP version of this panel (and others) is to allow for quick and easy updates, right?

By Earth Oliver

Instead of actually answering my question to you, about your assumption ("This is a 1 day fix"), do you want me, like you, to assume something and provide you with an answer? No way; I don't make grandiose assumptions about Adobe software development.

Do you have the Adobe source code and inside factual knowledge about this bug and how long it will take to fix or are you simply posting grandiose assumptions about it; yes or no????

If the answer is, as I highly suspect no. There are two other alternatives at play:

Adobe is going out of its way to piss you off and can fix the bug in one day (rather unlikely) or, this isn't as easy as your grandiose assumption of how software inside Adobe is developed. Of the two possible scenarios above, those of us with both an understanding and actual experience creating software can likely make a far, far less grandiose assumption about what is really going on: it is far from a one day fix as you told us.

You are of course entitled to your uninformed opinions on this subject. I am simply pointing out that the opinion was formed without facts, science/data or critcal thinking. I therefore I find it silly. IF you want your peers and readers here (and Adobe) to take you seriously, do tell us the actual facts you know about how long this bug should take to be fixed. Or better, remain silent on that. Tell us the most probable truth; you don't know, you're not happy it is taking a while but your 'idea' (if I can be so kind) that it would only take a day to fix is a figment of your imagination. It isn't too late for many to reverse our opinions of your last post and continue to possibly take you seriously. Your call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

First, we hear you, trust us, we do.  The team is working on this and it will be resolved, it's not a one day fix due to the many areas/teams this issue touches.

Please review the terms for use of these forums and let's keep things civil. 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/adobe-support-community-guidelines/td...

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well said! For every one that posts about this, there probably are thousands that read the "work around" and don't bother to post. That indicates that literally hundereds of thousands are afflicted by this bug that adobe refuses to fix. I was a maintence mechanic for years working on cnc machines, I learned how to trouble shoot, something which the "team" of "engineers" at adobe seeminly do not know how to do. All they would have to do is look back at the changes they made just prior to causing this bug, test each step until they find the cause, then fix it. But they apparently do not have enough sense to do that... They seem to be more interested in introducing more half baked “new features” that break other things that people use on a regular basis, which they don’t have time to fix but continously claim a fix is “coming in future updates”, but they rarely do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how is it "community professionals" that are often the least professional people in the forum?

By SimplTrix

Community professionals don't (shouldn't) make up assumptions about what goes on inside Adobe they know nothing about (like how long it takes to fix a bug). 

Community professionals volunteer to assist other users in solving problems with fact based solutions. 

Again, you can believe that Adobe is going out of its way to not fix this because they want to upset the user base. Or you can believe this actual bug isn't as easy to fix as people who have zero knowledge of the PS code base assume

Pick either, it isn't going to get the fix out any faster. 

There seems to be strong opinions about how software should be developed, by people (AFAIK) having no experience developing software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

The fix for this should be available to all now and will come from the Creative Cloud desktop app, and not through a Photoshop update. 

To update: 

• Visit the Creative Cloud Desktop app's "Updates" tab, and click Check for Updates. 
  • If that doesn't resolve it, try signing out of Creative Cloud desktop app, and signing back in.

If you performed this workaround, you may need to revert those workaround steps to receive the updated plugin. 

If updated successfully, you will see "Home Screen (Loaded) 5.12.1.4" in Photoshop's Help > System Info in the section above the final "Extensions" list.

PeteGreen_0-1661541458977.png

Thank you for your patience and apologies for the hiccup in your workflow with this one.

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed Pete, with this new build, with Use Legacy "New Document" Interface off, the bug is fixed (MacOS). 

Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh Yess!!!! 👏🏻 Thank you.
It works as before.
God bless you all. 🙂

[personal information removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see Pete.Green's update.
It works!!!!!
Thank you Adobe for fixing it.   I really appreciate it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate