• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Create new window not reflecting right dimensions from clipboard

Participant ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having an issue with photoshop where File > New > is not auto-inputting the clipboard size into the canvas size for the new document. This has worked on every version of photoshop until this point. I sadly ended up on version 23.3.2 (photoshop just updated itself in the last couple days I guess without me noticing, and I am pretty sure I had that auto update turned off since I reverted back to 22.2 a couple weeks ago, sigh)

Have you guys considered testing your product before launching updates? I reverted back to 22.2 because of all the bugs I was experiencing with the latest versions. Seems turning auto update off cant even save me. 

{Thread title modified by moderator}

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Hi everyone, 

The fix for this should be available to all now and will come from the Creative Cloud desktop app, and not through a Photoshop update. 

To update: 

• Visit the Creative Cloud Desktop app's "Updates" tab, and click Check for Updates. 
  • If that doesn't resolve it, try signing out of Creative Cloud desktop app, and signing back in.

If you performed this workaround, you may need to revert those workaround steps to receive the updated plugin. 

If updated successfully, you will se

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Just switched to Legacy "New Document" Interface and it works fine that way.

Edit > Preferences > General > check Use Legacy "New Document" Interface

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 310 Replies 310
310 Comments
Contributor ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MAC OS 12.5 but this is since the last PS Update 12 days ago

Steps:

Copy a selection in PS

Go outside PS and use the OS to copy something to the clipboard

Go back to PS and try to make a new document

PS STILL thinks the clipboard demsions are the last copy inside PS, but will paste the external to PS content into the internal last dimensions.

Expected behavior is PS will create a new document using the new and current clipboard dimensions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Expected behavior is PS will create a new document using the new and current clipboard dimensions.

By @jmcbade

This is a known bug and the engineers are working on a fix. One of several workarounds is to click another preset, such as "Default", then click the preset for Clipboard again. Does that work for you?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have been using this work around but it's a hassle when we are trying to move fast 😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its working thank you so much!ctrl-n.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have been using this work around but it's a hassle when we are trying to move fast 😛

By @jmcbade

A second work around (until the fix is released) is:

Edit > Preferences > General > check Use Legacy "New Document" Interface

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the legacy new doc interface is a legitimate workaround for this, excellent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am now experiencing this problem with incorrect clipboard dimensions on 23.4.2 - the 'legacy New document' preference setting works as a workaround, but this bug already effected today's productivity. 

As others have stated, this feature has been stable for what seems like 20 years or more. Please keep the basics working 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh that's useful Jane.  It's been driving me crazy!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed it, thanks for that, it was driving me crazy! Adobe should have this as standard and not the nonsense one they have implimented

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using Cmd+N to create a new document with an image in the clipboard, the correct clipboard dimensions show up in the "Recent Items" area, but the "Preset Details" dimensions do not update.

1. With PS open, copy an image to the clipboard

2. In PS, press Cmd+N to open the New Image dialog

3. Note that the Clipboard dimensions are correct in the Recent Items area, but not the Preset Details area

4. Click "Create" to complete; the previously created dimensions are applied to a new document

Workaround: Click another "Recent Items" then click back to the Clipboard preset. This forces the image preset dimensions to update.

------------------------------------------------------------
Never let your tools get in the way of your art!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I just encountered this issue after coming back to Adobe Photoshop 23.4.2 Release after 7 years... glad the workaround is using the legacy option but... boy was I annoyed trying to image edit and the new file interface not creating a canvas in the dimensions of the clipboard entry. Hope this is fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely maddening! Glad to know it's not just me, but I sure wish Adobe would hurry with the patch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,
depuis les derniéres versions de photoshop j'ai un probléme :dans Photoshop action fichier nouveau ne donne plus une page blanche a la taille du contenu presse papier Et encore moins lorsque je n'ais rien dans le presse papier la valeur par défaut change tout le temps ? Je devrais avoir 1920x1080.
Pouvez vous m'aider merci.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes thank you! this worked! 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The dimensions in the "recent items" box is accurate to the latest clipboard/screengrab and dimensions in "preset details" come from previous document settings.

New interface was working fine with clipboard dimensions 1-2(?) versions ago.  Clipboard dimensions matched with Preset Details dimensions.  Please just bring that back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, @Jean-Pierre-BRUNEAU Here is the English translation:

“Since the last versions of Photoshop I have a problem: in Photoshop action new file no longer gives a blank page at the size of the clipboard content And even less when I have nothing in the clipboard the default value changes everything time? I should have 1920x1080.”

This is a known issue and is being fixed in upcoming releases. Please try checking Use Legacy “New Document” Interface in Preferences on the General tab. Is it working now? Let us know!

JainLemos_0-1655937843999.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It saddens me to see how many people are facing this problem on a daily basis here on the forum, let alone the unspoken amounts of people who have no idea about this forum and probably think "oh no, what have I done to cause this!" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I used to be able to copy the contents of a marquis/selection and paste them from the clipboard into a new doc of clipboard size, but it is not working. Was this feature removed?

See vid attached:

A jack-of-all-trades is a master of none, but often times better than a master of one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is thread on that topic P: Create new window not reflecting right dimensio... - Adobe Support Community - 13015694

I guess you know that Copy is copying only content on current layer, if you want to copy content from multiple layers use Copy Merged instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a workaround for you for the latest version of Photoshop:

https://youtu.be/fq0rUW2nCp0

A jack-of-all-trades is a master of none, but often times better than a master of one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the tech support group should be trained and required to look at and review the forums when responding to an issue just like Apple support does.

I was getting calls to jump through all kinds of hoops such as screen recordings etc. to demonstrate that there is an issue when clearly this is well documented and responded to by Adobe representitives already. 

I finally just put my foot down with them and said, "Do your proper research and look at the forums.  This issue I found well documentd with work arounds.  Adobe has already acknowledged the issue.  Your comment that your engineers can't duplicate this issue is false."  I was annoyed but I did my best to remain civil.  They finally acknowledged I was correct.

I do appreciate tech support getting back to me, but they need to perform due diligence before asking for more of the client's time.  If we are going to pay a premium for Adobe products, the tech support needs to be professional as well.

I have over 30 years of tech support and field engineer experience and I too often find the support process by Adobe India frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

before I could

- Ctr+C copy (for instance a circle selection of 200x200px

- Ctr+N create new file, the dimensions would default to 200x200px so I could just hit enter.

- Ctr+V to have a my circle selection exactly in the new file.

since ? I guess an update this is no longer possible.

now i have to 

- Ctr+C copy (for instance a circle selection of 200x200px

- Ctr+N create new file,

it still highlights the "clipboard item" with the 200x200px which makes it confusing, but on the right hand side it shows 2445x2445px (the value of the next, non-selected, "custom" item).

If I were to hit enter with the clipboard item still selected, I would get a 2445x2445px file, not what I want/expect.

I can correct this by selecting another custom item and then selecting the 'clipboard' item again resetting the numbers on the right. I think this is a bug, please go back to this 'old behaviour'.

Maaike240410909d6a_0-1660393226322.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This issue has already been reported and will be fixed in a future release

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-create-new-window-not-reflecting-right-dim...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, more than a month to acknowledge and now it's going to soon be two months since reported and still no fix? Will this always be the case when Adobe takes a week off in the first of July? Nothing gets done before, then for a few more weeks after? Does this seem acceptable and fair to the people using Ps to put food on the table?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, since it's not really a show stopper and there is a workaround for now, I guess I can bear it.
I would though like to see a timely fix in the near future.

I likely eat too much anyway *joking*
Yeah Adobe, please fix this quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate