• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Delay while zooming in or out with mouse scroll button in Photoshop 23.0 Windows Only

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating the photoshop (Windows 10) to 23.0 my zoom in/out function through mouse scroll button started to worked delayed, and I had to revert to previous version where it works just fine.

{Moderator note: Edited the thread title}

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Install the 23.2.2 update. It corrects this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

@Deleted User and @MJaskulski - I believe the issue you are seeing is related to a recent bug introduced in 23.2 that happens on Windows when rulers are enabled. Can you check whether disabling rulers (Ctrl+R or View > Rulers) addresses the issue, while we work on a fix? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Hi all,  

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.0.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.0.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating  

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.  

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
88 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Outtacontext, can you help me gather some data to try to figure out what is going on here?

• Do you have rulers shown when this happens? (Cmd+R or View > Rulers to toggle the setting)
  • If you have access to one, does this happen when using a different type of mouse?
  • What is the size of the image you are working with? Does it happen when you use a smaller image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it without rulers and it seems *just a bit* faster, but not much. The image is big (6900px by 4800px 300 dpi). But I’ve been working with that size image for decades and, until recently, it was never a problem. I certainly have enough RAM. It seems less pronounced with smaller images. Would adjusting any performance prefs do any good?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I'm running Version: 23.2.1'and the zoom Bug still appears if the Rulers are enabled.
Please fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same issue. Zoom is laggy when the rulers are shown. It works smoothly when the rulers are hidden

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@moritzh73270835 and @MarkShutter - Yes, we are currently working on a fix for the laggy zoom with Rulers enabled. I'll post here when we have a build with the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks a lot @Matt Fuerch 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Outtacontext - We have another report of the issue you're seeing (slow scrolling/panning/zooming on Mac Big Sur 11.x), which is different than the laggy zoom with rulers enabled on Windows that others are reporting here. So far in our internal testing we've haven't been able to reproduce your issue on Mac Monterey 12.x. If you are in a state where you can upgrade your OS, feel free to do so and let me know whether this fixes the issue. Otherwise, we are currently investigating a fix for the issue on Big Sur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the laggy alt+scroll zoom issue with or without the rulers. None of the suggested fixes I have seen in this thread or elsewhere have worked.

I'm on the latest version of Photoshop on Windows 11 + 12700K + RTX 3070.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can report, I have this bug now, zooming in and out with scroll wheel, as well as other slow downs, such as the clone tool, acting extremely slow... as of the very recent update.  My computer feels like a 386 in PS 🙂 Found no other issues in the other apps such as Illustrator or AE... just PS

Running 2080ti, i7 (something something)

photoshop version: 23.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the 23.2.2 update. It corrects this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issues, I had to go back to downloading Photoshop 2021, it was unsable!!!! 23.2.2 update fixed it for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In new updates 23.5 and 23.5.1 i'm having performance problem, even with single image zooming and scrolling/panning is laggy and delayed. I had no other option than to go back to 23.4.2 - which is flawless, even with big layouts.

Propably the same issue as in this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-delay-while-zooming-in-or-out-with-mouse-s...

Votes

Translate

Translate