• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Delay while zooming in or out with mouse scroll button in Photoshop 23.0 Windows Only

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating the photoshop (Windows 10) to 23.0 my zoom in/out function through mouse scroll button started to worked delayed, and I had to revert to previous version where it works just fine.

{Moderator note: Edited the thread title}

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Install the 23.2.2 update. It corrects this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

@Deleted User and @MJaskulski - I believe the issue you are seeing is related to a recent bug introduced in 23.2 that happens on Windows when rulers are enabled. Can you check whether disabling rulers (Ctrl+R or View > Rulers) addresses the issue, while we work on a fix? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Hi all,  

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.0.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.0.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating  

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.  

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
88 Comments
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before updating to 23.0.0, ALT scroll zooming was super smooth, but now its very slow and jumpy. If you have any settings or fixes, please let me know. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Same here. Turning graphics on/off does nothing. The scrolling and zooming is horrible and choppy. Please fix it. Mayve do Q&A next time??

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Нашел косяк, у кого так? Теперь когда приближаю фотографию, начинает тормозить, то есть разньше работало намного плавнее)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021-10-28_14h23_06.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pietro,
I follow your workaround and work also for me. It works better if you turn off ruler.
I remember same problem also for  version 21... i hope adobe take care about this simple but essential tool.
Bene, ma non benissimo.

(thank you for share this trick)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop scroll zoom is lagging after the latest update. 

Beside the scrubby zoom I often use alt + scroll zoom, in situation where the  z + mouse swipe is not applicable. 

I am very sad to notice that the funcionality of scroll zoom has broken since the latest update (23.0.0). 

Now, the zooming is lagging and slow, with few seconds of inertia, very annoying and not very usable. I am looking for the solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the latset update and now my zooming in and out with the mouse wheel has slowed waaaay down. Is there a place I can adjust the speed? I checked Google and couldn't find anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scroll zooming lags in the new 23.0.0 update. I reverted to 22.5.2 version until this issue is fixed. It breaks the basic workflow of mine. For example, I want to zoom in when I am free transforming an object, in this situation the scrubby zoom is not applicable and ctrl + is inprecise and slow, so I use alt + scroll. I don't know what to think about major updates with lot of new cool features which most of the time break something which was functioning well. Please, help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We have acknowledged this issue and the engineering team is investigating a fix.

Regards,

Mohit

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After update, zooming is lagging and very slow. Lags even on small file (10mb). PC is not the issue (16gb ram, ryzen 7, Win10), everything worked fine before the update.

Anybody else has this issue? Any known solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me, really annoying. I'm using the older version until it gets fixed hopefully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've just downloaded Photoshop 2022, and noticed my scroll for zooming was too slow.

I searched for answers and couldn't find answers, and I finally found it, so I wanted to share it with you.

Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Tools

And here, you uncheck the "Animated Zoom" box

Have an awesome day designers 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop lags when scroll zoom considerably with the 23.0.0. On 22.6.2 version everything is ok. My Pc is top class. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works, thank you! I hope this problem fixed in the next update. This zoom is terribly annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are currently testing a fix for the laggy/delayed zoom during mouse scroll wheel on Windows. It will hopefully be available soon in an upcoming release.

The temporary workaround is to disable "Animated Zoom" in Preferences > Tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I found a solution for this . Simply go to " Edit > preferences > Tools > 
Now uncheck the animated zoom . Done. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well. Works great now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[FR] Bonjour, je me permet de vous contacter car mon application Photoshop est extrêmement lente depuis la version 23.0.
C'est visible notamment quand on se déplace avec la souris ou avec le zoom, du coup l'application est impraticable...
Dans mon gestionnaire des tâches on remarque que l'application utilise presque 10 000 Mo ce n'est pas normal.

Capture.JPG

Merci d'avance pour vos réponses et votre aide.

[EN]  Hello, I would like to contact you because my Photoshop application is extremely slow since version 23.0.
It is visible especially when you move with the mouse or with the zoom, so the application is impracticable...
In my task manager we notice that the application uses almost 10,000 MB which is not normal.

Capture.JPG

Thank you in advance for your answers and your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is reported as been fixed in version 23.0.1

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,  

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.0.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.0.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating  

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.  

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like this is exactly the same issue I was reporting for about a year about the GPU performance, but now it is reproducible everytime on zoomed in photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jacek Poplawski  This particular issue was introduced in 23.0.0, but has now been fixed in 23.0.1, so please update to get the fix. If you're still seeing issues with GPU performance let us know as that would be a separate issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate