• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Error while creating a PDF presentation with Photoshop Version 23.0 - Windows

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday i updated Photoshop to version 23.0. After the update, i tried to create a PDF presentation with Multiple image files. and this error occurred "unable to include 22 file(s) because they are not image files are too large, or too much color depth, or are PDF files not created by photoshop." i have attached an Image of the error with this message. when i tried to create a PDF presentation with the same image files with the previous version of photoshop, i didnt face any issues. Please Fix this issue, or tell me a way that i could use to fix it.IMG_20211028_213003.jpg

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Hi all,  

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating  

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
48 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble creating a PDF presentation with Photoshop. See the message below

Screenshot 2021-11-17 155604.png

I'm adding 4 PSD files and 2 of them are unable to be included as the message saying.

I use Photoshop 23.0.1

Files are in CMYK colors

Size: A4

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used the "Automate - PDF Presentation" function to create pdf files in Photoshop for quite a while, but for some reason I'm getting a strange error in the latest version of Photoshop.

No matter how many pages I make the document, there are always at least 1 or 2 pages that the conversion to pdf rejects, regardless of the file size, color depth, or where the images were created.  If the document is only 1 page, it always rejects that page.  Also, a particular image will work just fine in one pdf conversion, but then be rejected another time.  It seems to me like it's some sort of program error not an issue with the images that I'm converting to pdf.  Supporting my theory is that I've been able to take the images to another computer with an older version of photoshop and it works just fine there.

Anyone have any idea what might be going on?

error.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So glad I found this, as I've been getting the same problem too. Will have to roll back to v22 for now. Is there any way of letting us know when this will be fixed for v23?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@stetonks Yep, we'll update this thread when the fix is released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked with me as well, but i don't think thats the best wat. Hope that Adobe fix it in a near future...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich verwende seit über 10 Jahren Photoshop als Innenarchitektin.
Seit der neusten Version bekomme ich beim Automatisieren zur PDF-Präsentation (Datei automatisieren,
PDF-Präsentation, mehrseitiges Dokument erstellen) folgende Fehlermeldung: "Dateien können nicht verarbeitet werden, weil sie keine Bilddateien sind, weil sie zu groß sind, zu viel Farbtiefe
aufweisen oder weil es sich bei Ihnen um PDF-Dateien handelt, die nicht mit Photoshop erstellt wurden." Es handelt sich um mehrere in DIN A3 mit 150 pix/Zoll erstellte Seiten mit Fotos. Ich habe alle Seiten auf 1 Ebene reduziert, es sind psd-Dateien mit je einer Größe unter 10 MB.
Beim Automatisieren klicke ich an - Ausgabe mehrseitiges Dokument - Komprimierung 150 pix/Zoll - Bildqualität mittel Wieso kommt es neuerdings zu dieser Fehlermeldung? Was kann ich jetzt tun?

Ich nutze Windows 10, 64 bit. VG nika99

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, since I update Photshop from the 22.X.X to the 23.X.X version, I can't create PDFs anymore using the Automate > PDF presentation option.

Basically what will happen, is that Photoshop will start to create the PDF, will fill the PDF with half of the selected images and then it'll give an error message saying:

"Capture.JPG

It always happen at half point. If I place 10 images, it will create the PDF with 5 images and will give the error saying that 5 images couldn't be included.

If I place 30 images, it will create the PDF with 15 and leave 15 out of it. With 50, it will create with 25 and leave 25 out of it.

In the error message above, I tried to create the PDF with 4 images. It left 2 out of it.

If I try to create the PDF using the same images files using Photoshop 22.X.X it works just fine. So the problem isn't in the images.

If someone know a fix or something about this, it would be really helpful. Right now, the only solution is using another software to create the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the SAME exact issues. I've been automating PDFs in PS for YEARS...and with the latest update I get the same error message. On a LOGO file that is pure black...and very small in size. It has NOTHING to do with size. I can't even tell you how frustrating it is when an update ends up making my life about 1000 times harder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here... I hope this will get resolved immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merkwürdig....., wenn ich die Kompatibilität auf Acrobat 9/10 umstelle, dann funktioniert das bei mir auch wieder. Die Standardeinstellung gibt adobe aber mit Acrobat 5 vor.
Das ist doch seltsam und sollte von adobe mal geändert werden.

Viele Grüße

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At some point Photoshop updated and now I routinely get this error message when creating PDFs. The files I'm using are similar to ones in the past that did not create an error. I have no idea what to fix as that's a lot of options listed and none of them seem likely to actually be causing the problem. 

I'm using Windows and up to date Photoshop CC.

Photoshop_QSyiq6hbj3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,  

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating  

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep this works for me now. just tested a PDF presentation with images I had tried before and it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now working fine for me in version 23.1 with the same set of files. Thanks for the fix and support !

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mit der neuen Version 23.1 kappt alles wieder!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks for the awesome feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating Photoshop to 23.1 worked. Thank you and Happy New Year

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU so much to @Tom Ruark  - your suggestion worked great for me! Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't it work for you: Dec 14, 2022?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm reading that this was fixed with PS 23.1, but we're on the latest version and still getting this error. We're having to run an earlier version of PS in order to proceed with our standard workflow. Any updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JJordanDUL Does this happen with all sets of files? i.e.

Is there a particular file tripping it up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had no problem creating a PDF for the past few months. When the
Adobe guys said it was fixed, it worked for me. My present version is

R Dibble

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
We also often face this Error while creating a PDF presentation with Photoshop Version 23.0 on Windows  and with some other devices. Do we have any fix for it sometimes general patches and tricks are useful but after sometime they stop working.

Votes

Translate

Translate