• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: File name and extension highlight when saving on macOS 10.15 Catalina

LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. After last updates (Osx Catalina and CC 2020), when the save window appear, the focus, highlite, is on all the file name and extension instead only the filename. I suspect the issue is related to Catalina, but I ask if anyone has noticed the same thing. My working speed is affected and I would like to know if anyone has a solution to ensure that only the file name is highlighted (in save and export).
Thank you
Michele

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 161 Replies 161
161 Comments
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's crazy. I hadn't even noticed that problem yet. I'm coming from CC 2018. Save As in 2018 had a checkbox to "save a copy". Why wouldn't they just integrate that if they're building their dialog boxes from scratch?

Not being able to hit Tab, Esc or Return now when you open a save box, 50% of the time, is even worse. It's broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am with you, this bug drives me crazy... I am now even drown deeper: When I want to save a Adobe file nothing is high-lighted anymore. I have to press 'tab' three times to get the 'name-field' highlighted. Again – so annoying – the whole field is highlighted (so, name + extension)... Am I alone here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Josh, thanks.

My actual result (Nov. 29, 2021): Photoshop > Save as > Title.psd <<nothing is highlighted anymore, not the name, nor the extension>>  

(Show The Filename extensions are 'on'.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Nothing is highlighted. And sometimes tab doesn't even work. About half the time, seemingly at random. Also if you do highlight the whole filename and start typing, it inserts ".psd" after the first character you type. If you then start to delete the filename extension, you get ".ps.psd" because it stupidly appends ".psd" after any keystroke if it is missing (rather than appending it when writing the file). 

These are rookie coding errors and it's offensive to pay $50/mo for software that used to work and is now broken on such a simple, basic level through sheer laziness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But Josh, don't you get the idea too that it's just us two having this time consuming (bug?) issue? Why isn't any else going crazy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very strange (and a silly use of a Monday when I should be writing code)... but I've realized it is not only Adobe programs having these problems. Both the tab and the file extension glitches are happening in any native Apple "Save As..." dialog in 12.0.1 where the filename is not automatically highlighted. This includes Firefox and Thunderbird. I've opened a bug report with Apple here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253415265?login=true&page=1

Do you also have this problem in Firefox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here and I am going crazy, did you find a way to fix it? 
I am on Mac Majove and thinking on updating to this new one.. forget the name. 

Thanks, Sabrina 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey gang, if you are on the latest mac OS and Photoshop your problems are fixed but Adobe isn't going to make any fixes for Mojave anymore, not sure if the issues still persist on on Big Sur or Catalina but that is as far back as they will support. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 12.50.47 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Contrary to what's been suggested here, the problem absolutely still persists as recently as Monterey 12.4 on Photoshop 23.3.2 (Mac Studio M1 Max).Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 6.23.38 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate