• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Fit on Screen Not working in 23.3.0

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating yesterday to the latest version of Photoshop (23.3.0), the Fit on Screen menu item and associated Command-0 shortcut no longer enlarge an image,  If the Zoom tool is active, pressing the Fit Screen button still works.  I am on an M1 Mac, OS 12.3.1.  

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Bug fixed with update 23.3.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Thank you for reporting this issue.  Engineering is investigating.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 156 Replies 156
156 Comments
Explorer ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't notice it was different until you told me they were lining up one way or another. What was the old way? Did they make each dimension have its own scale? Is that what they did before? It definitely is different. I want the old way back. I guess it'll probably end up with a tick box choice of which way you want it in preferences...

Was this change mentioned anywhere? Is there any documentation released with the latest version? Kinda mysterious as usual!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The old way was there is a small space between the image and the workspace (1/8-inch or less?) on all four sides after Ctrl-0. I found a video from 2009 that shows how far back it's worked that way. I don't know why the change was made. I hope it goes back to the way it was, as I use this shortcut constantly because I want to see an edge on all sides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is from Ps Elements if that makes difference. I checked how that is for me immediatelly after this update and compared to 23.2.2. I think the right distance is as it was originally. You may also check screenthots in a 7th post (of same user) after a post I linked at May 15, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photoshop window does not adjust to my screen height. I cannot access nor view what is at the bottom of the window, and I cannot reduce the window height to adjust to my screen height as I don't see the bottom of the Photoshop window. Here is a screenshot of what it looks like. Thanks for your help!

Version of the app: 23.3.2

Platform and OS version: MacBook Pro OS 12.2.1

Reproduce the problem: every time I open Photoshop (for the past few weeks or months)

Screen size: 13,3 inches (2560 × 1600 pixels)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop Preferences? They can be found in the Photoshop menu on a Mac and the Edit menu on Windows. Within the General tab is the button Reset Preferences On Quit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this problem happen with any other programs or just Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reset has done the trick! Thanks 🙏 😊 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem was just on Photoshop, other apps all working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem that Ctrl+0 doesn't work. However, I just noticed that if I hit Crtl+0 on the number pad, it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked to see the Num Lock isn't on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My numbers lock is on. If I turn it off I don't have hot keys to fit my page to window. Same is true for both Photoshop and Illustrator. So Ctrl+Numberpad 0 is working for me. My muscle memory wants the old way, which Adobe needs to fix in multiple apps, but at least I have a hot key combo that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the time Ctrl+0 worked as expected: Fitting the image left a several pixel margin around the image so the selection and other tools could be clicked slightly outside the image.

Now, since vesrion 23.3 the Ctrl+0 is changed: the image fits without leaving the small margin. Without the margin it is impossible to start the selection exactly from the corner of the image, etc.

The margin around the image should be restored in an upcoming version. Initially it was introduced for usability purposes. Now somebody in the dev. team has fixed again something which wasn't broken...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes a lot of sense - your message. First, yes, it wasn't broken. I was looking at preferences, expecting to find an option so the border could be restored the old way or the new way (no gap). I'm used to the old way, but don't mind the option either. Nice one mate - you nailed it for me. Let's have an option, yes? We are the Kings right now! We are the buyers!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've gotten used to the slight change in an often used, keyboard shortcut. As described elsewhere today, I'd prefer a choice, and would choose the old way. What was the purpose of the change anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must be among the few that likes the new "Fit to Screen" behavior. I compose wallpapers and I prefer a command that fits the image to the edge of my screen, otherwise I have to fidget with the zoom to get there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thought was to have a choice as to which fit to screen type you choose.
In preferences you could have it old school or new school. Most people who
have used Ps before may wish to do it the old fashioned way. New users
might prefer the new way - this might include you!

There are constant changes in Ps and a lot of buggy stuff when released.
Sometimes I feel Ps is unprofessional. They ought to have two releases one
which is beta, and one you can rely on to get the job done when needs be. A
lot of companies use this beta/non-beta option, Adobe could adapt this
method also. People who rely on Ps *won't *want fast changes and new stuff.
The youngsters on the other hand would want the latest stuff. Yes/no?

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not say it's an age related thing.  I've wanted this for years because of how I use Ps.  However there are customers that like the old ways and in most cases Adobe allows "Legacy" settings as a option. So yes, if they could do it, that would be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole controversy over Ctrl-0 fizzles out here. In the latest Ps version, Ctrl-0 makes the new borders fit right up to the edge, which pleases some. If you zoom with the mouse wheel (you set this zoom in Preferences), the edges of the canvas leave a small gap which pleases me and many others, I'm sure.

It's good this way. They could still do a legacy but the latest Ps seems to deal with it quite well. Anyone agree? Should there be a legacy tickbox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RichardL1967 I prefer the old way, so yes, if this is the new “fit” from now on, then a legacy option would be great. I wonder if we'll get to a point where there is a full legacy version of Photoshop altogether for those of us who don't accept change easily, lol. Maybe an entire tab in Preferences for all the legacy settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding the change in Ps where before Ctrl-0 put a tiny gap between the edge of the canvas and the box it is contained in. Currently you press Ctrl-0 now and the image is right to the edge of the containing box. Not that it was better or worse, but for starters it changed. Like why? Were people coming forth in their dozens saying it could be done better? No, but you changed it anyway. Change can be an enemy in itself.

Use Ctrl-R to put the ruler up, then hit Ctrl-0 and then hit Ctrl-R again and you have a near old effect.

Another way is to set the percentage in the bottom left when it is set to document size.

Not great answers, I prefer the old way with a little space. Legacy candidate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello man! Nice answer! I do set the position by percentage (36.5% or 37%) and have noticed the Ctrl-R being set first and removed after.

Thanks, I doubt we'll ever get the options, but I have another problem. The general brushes listed in the Brushes option box don't show their brush stroke. They show if they are soft or hard, but they don't show pressure applied for size or opacity. I have an XP-Pen Artist 22 Pro drawing tablet and a computer I put together with a PC running Windows 11. It's an i5, 40GB and small SSD. Built a little under two years ago. I run a driver from XP for the tablet. Obviously using Ps mostly for drawing and colouring and photo touch-up. No problems but I hope the software sales straight - large programs can get buggy and the bugs are hard to find. I'm thinking not just of Ps, but Elon Musk is trying to write a total winner with FSD, and I think it's not so easy. Takes proper organisational skills.

Other than this the tablet works pretty well (touch wood).

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should create a new topic since the brush problem is different than what this whole thread is about and will just confuse other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are right. I will do that at once.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate