• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: I can't adjust the size of paragraph text bounding boxes

LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In PS 2015.5 I can't adjust the size of paragraph text bounding boxes ...anyone else running into the same issues?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 08, 2016 Aug 08, 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate
61 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Dennis, 

We are hoping to have a fix for this problem available soon.

That said, perhaps your case is different, but for what it's worth, your cause-and-effect assessment is not true.

There have been MANY documented cases where one application triggers problems in another.  Heck, there have been cases where just INSTALLING one app messed up another, usually because some one critical little DLL or other file is overwritten in the process.  It is even more frequent when the OS is at fault, particularly OSes that are often updated but not well-tested by the manufacturer.  In this particular situation, neither are a factor for this bug, but just because you're running a clean OS without anything open doesn't necessarily mean a given problem is the fault of a given program.  An important point to keep in mind next time you install that "cool new app," particularly if it was cheap (or free!), you got off the Internet, or if it was built by someone in his/her garage...

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resizing the text box doesn't work with the Photoshop 2015.5 update! Driving me nuts! Photoshop just deselects the text box if I try to resize it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2016 Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Often in PS CS6, if I have made a text box, and then I try to scale the bounds of the text box, I only get the rotate handles when I hover over the dotted line text box. I have to cancel out, and often just make a new text box before I can scale or move the bounds. And by scale, I don't mean enlarge the text, I'm talking about dragging/moving the bounds of the text box. Does anyone else have this problem? It's extremely annoying.

In the attached screen, there is a dotted line text box around the 22. If I were to hover over/around it, all I would get are the rotate handles. Nothing to scale the box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Dennis,

What do you mean that this fix didn't work for you?  What is the result you see now?  We know the sources of this bug and by changing the bucket as Pete suggests, you bypass the trouble completely.   Can you please post your System Info here?

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a fix for this bug coming soon.  We're aware of the problem and have a potential solution.

In the meantime, as a workaround, you can disable the Reduce User Friction option https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/enable-optional-extensions-photoshop-cc.html#Disable_Reduce_Use...

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm definitely looking forward to your bug fix for this, but this did correct my issue for the mean time. Thanks  Pete + David! Now I can get back to focusing on my job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2016 Aug 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David thanks for the workaround, however this bug is really unacceptable. I have found in the last few years Adobe is becoming less stable and for the first time in my life I'm looking elsewhere. The 'bounding box' for the text tool is a critical functional element for most designers. This version should have never been launched with this Bug. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a security note under "System"  ...when you send this information I have been told not to include the serial number on your product....you may want to edit your post and remove that ...Go to the line where you see "Installed components'" then go up 11 lines and remove  that part of the post..... just my  thought ..M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2016 Aug 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since the 2015.5 release I've has some problems resizing text boxes in
Photoshop. The side handles (right and left) in particular are almost
impossible to grab. Sometimes it takes so many tries that I just delete
the text layer and create a new one, making sure to make it large enough
so I don't have to resize.

One curious note which might help troubleshoot the issue. The text is center aligned and I can't grab the left or right handles. If I left align the text I can then adjust the
left handle, but not the right. If I right align the text I can adjust the
right handle, but not the left.. So by using left then right align I can move each handle to resize it as a short term fix.

I originally reported this last week on the adobe community forums and at least one other person said they had the same issue since upgrading to 2015.5 upgrade. https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2191171

Votes

Translate

Translate