• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: I'd like to know how to disable the startup tutorial about generative ai

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Photoshop 25, every time I start up PS, an image opens on my screen accompanied by a tuorial on generative ai by Anna McNaught. How to I disable this? I don't need it and I can't find a way to get rid of it.

Can someone help me with this please?

Thank you

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

FYI another thread describing the same issue received an answer from an Adobe employee

It is related to non ASCII characters in the Windows User folder:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-i-d-like-to-know-how-to-disable-the-startup-tutorial-about-generative-ai/idc-p/14291700#M97842

Hopefully this will be fixed soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Hi Everyone,

First, our sincere apologies to those that are seeing this tutorial pop up at every launch of Photoshop and the frustration it causes that it hasn't been able to be disabled for you. 

This seems to be caused by OS User Accounts that have non-standard characters in the account name. The workarounds we're currently aware of are:

1.  Switch to another OS User Account that does not have non-standard ASCII characters
  2. Roll back to Photoshop 25.0

We have identified the issue and are w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Hi all,

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop version 25.5 (public version), which incorporates the resolution for this particular problem. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 25.5, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 246 Replies 246
246 Comments
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Como faço para o photoshop parar de exibir essa imagem e esse video sempre que eu abro o programa?

versão 25.1.0

How do I stop Photoshop from displaying this image and video whenever I open the program?

version 25.1.0

Captura de Tela.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me! I did not make changes or do anything. I just noticed it had stopped after about the same number of start ups. I guess about 10. Glad it stopped. Whew! Frustrating. 

Vivi Wyngaarden 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Carla24474161lvkv -Please check your DM. We would like to get a logfile from you if you are still having an issue here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem and can't find any solution 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a PC and a laptop. It only shows up on the laptop. I  have copied the "Adobe Photoshop 2024 Settings"
from the PC. Still not ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is working fine in the Betaversion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two computers with same version  25.1.0 and one is working ok but not the other.
So it seems not to be a problem within PS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@swingpjatten - Please check DM. If you are still seeing this on one computer, I would like to get you to share a logfile so we can look into your situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is DM?

The logfile is 5Mb. I cannot see how I can attache the file?

/Nils 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no. it doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue with the generative fill tutorial with the iceland image and the video. It pops up every time I load Photoshop, only the tutorial causes Photoshop to crash. So my PS is *nearly* unusable. I say nearly because what actually happens is that the crash reporter window comes up, and as long as I can toss a JPG into the Photoshop window, it'll open it an unlock the program and let me use it nearly in full. Generative Fill doesn't work, though. It used to work fine. I'm guessing something is broken with Generative Fill in this latest update, but since the damn tutorial goes into full leming mode, I have to deal with this crap every single time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Small update: I usually run Photoshop with GPU disabled since this work PC is fairly old and it's only equipped with an Intel HD Graphics 5000, which doesn't support DirectX12 or OpenCL and hasn't had a new driver in about two years, so Photoshop doesn't like it. Photoshop has never given me any trouble with GPU disabled. If I re-enable the GPU (without OpenCL), I can at least get Generative Fill working if I utilize the workaround described above (let it crash, load a file while keeping the crash reporter open), but since Generative Fill takes a bit of time to operate, I can't complete the tutorial before Photoshop crashes. I'm actually trying to speedrun it and see if I can complete the tutorial before the crash so it at least saves as completed in the prefs and I can get back to work. So far, I've got up to step 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, Photoshop's pretty solid now after it's crashed. I mean, it's probably gained some undead qualities in the process, like being unable to crash (since you can't kill something that's already dead). enabling GPU again fixed Generative Fill. I really think it's more of an issue with the tutorial pop-up or video causing the crash in the first place.

I poured my entire hatred of this tutorial in this post-mortem work on Photoshop's Iceland image, barely recognizable. Crash Reporter window holding vigil in foreground as I work flawlessly with Photoshop, kinda.

Iceland, kinda.png

Please do something, I'm losing my mind here. Maybe don't autoplay tutorials in the future? Forcing users to do stuff they don't feel they need to do has never worked well before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@swingpjatten - When you are anywhere in the community (https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/ct-p/ct-photoshop?page=1&sort=latest_replies&lang...), click on the envelope icon in the top right of the screen to take you to the private messaging. You will see a message in your inbox from me and should be able to reply and attach the file.

Screenshot 2023-11-07 at 8.06.53 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Secret Jardin Marketing -Please check your DM. We would like to get a log file from you to help us figure out your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here, tried 25.0, 25.1..  Anna McNaught can't stop talking 😞 I've read the whole thread and seems like the problem still is not solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Submitted. For the record, I reverted back to Photoshop 25.0, which doesn't have the autoplaying tutorial. It works flawlessly. I can even run the Iceland generative fill tutorial from the home screen. This tutorial doesn't behave the same way as the newer one in 25.1. It uses the Discover pannel and a series of videos, and lets you do the steps yourself, whereas the 25.1 tutorial has a different kind of popup/video and tries to take command directly. I think it's pretty clear the new tutorial is directly responsible for the crash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to stop the program to open (unwanted) a new file and force me to "get startet" with the new AI tool. How can I dismiss this once and for all? Thank you very much in advance.

system:

Photoshop v25.1 (last update 2023-10-27)

Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You shouldn't be getting that (I'm not).

Make sure you're not opening files in an initial state that presumes AI processing - like e.g. the setting for the crop tool in this screenshot:

crop.png

Also disable the new "contextual task bar" which is mainly for initiating generative fill. Other than that it's just in the way. Click the three dots and "hide".

Oh, and turn off "rich tooltips" in Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply, D Fosse. Unfortunately it doesn't solve my problem. To make sure, I double checked the mentioned settings. None of them I had.

The longer I try to solve my problem the more I am convinced, that Photoshop is automatically starting the "suggestions" from the start page. When I click there on the first one, it's the same that opens up. The bug must be sitting there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you'referring the so-called home screen, that's always the very first thing I disable after a fresh install. I have absolutely no need for that. So yes, maybe. Try to disable it and see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this didn't work either. It drives me nuts.

Even completely deinstalled and after a computer shut down and restart re-installed the programm to see, whether I got the bug by updating/upgrading. No change whatsoever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved my problem as follows. I uninstalled Photoshop, canceled my subscription and installed a competing program....problem solved!!!

Thank you very much to ADOBE, for ignoring its customers. 😞 I will never, ever subscribe to Photoshop again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@joao_torres That's a little excessive... Photoshop remains the most capable image editing software on the market. Software with this many functions and features is expected to have some bugs every now and then. I can absolutely assure you that Adobe is listening and investigating the issue, per my exchanges in DM with Pattie (Adobe employee following this thread) and will very certainly propose a fix within a reasonable amount of time, along with other important fixes.

As a reminder, you can roll back to a previous version of the software anytime and disable auto-update so that you can return to a functional version until the fix is rolled out, just click on the ... button next to the app in Creative Cloud and pick other versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@madiko It is indeed auto-launching the tutorial (which has nothing to do with rich tooltips or the contextual toolbar being enabled). For those that can get through the tutorial, it sometimes does not register as complete and pops up again the next time, in my case the tutorial crashes the software entirely so I'm locked out mostly. My recommendation is to revert to 25.0 until a fix is rolled out. You can install previous versions from the Creative Cloud app and also disable auto-updates for Photoshop momentarily. The previous version had a more bare-bones Generative Fill tutorial proposed in the home screen that doesn't auto-launch and doesn't have any of the issues cited in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate