• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: In fullscreen mode, canvas moves to upper left corner and 3/4 of the canvas is unusable

Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hej Hannah,

thank you guy for your support & the solution today. I think it solved the issue with the floating Screen somehow, but... something new is happening 😕
I think it depends if I work “with“ or “without“ the graphic-card-support and/or the Application-Frame On/Off (just on MAC).
I am using PS on a MacBookPro here with a Nvidacard on 2screens. I always work in PS on the bigger 2nd screen which is a Wacom-Cintiq:

1. I open a PSD-file here (a test-file orange/yellow)
2. it opens in the upper-left corner – ok so far!
3. i changed the screen-mode (F), and...
4. the the hole canvas appears in a small rectangle in the upper-left corner and the other 3/4 of the canvas is just black and not useable?!! (see screenshot)

RackMultipart20180123719153lbq-766f0f3d-1c49-4285-91e0-0eee2d55959d-2119481548.pngRackMultipart20180123719153lbq-766f0f3d-1c49-4285-91e0-0eee2d55959d-2119481548.png

...thats absolutely useless here. When i switch OFF the graphic-card-support is seams to work fine in the frameless PS. Or i have to switch the PS-Application-Frame ON to use the graphic-card-support again. But use “graphic“ and “frameless“ at the same time it cause this new issue?!

This was not an issue in CC2017!

– help?!

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Photoshop CC 2018: Floating document windows in fullscreen w/menu bar causes wind....

Cyprian Lothringer /// mai@cyplot.de
Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018
Hi Everyone,

This should be resolved in the Photoshop update that is now available. Please open your Creative Cloud, update Photoshop and let us know how it goes! 

Thank you!
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate
62 Comments
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Hannah,

I've already rolled back to 19.0 since I've gotten used to the center snap these past months.

I couldnt stay using 19.1 cause I toggle through Fullscreen a lot while working so adding the fact of pressing TAB a few times would have frustrated me.

The only thing that worked while I had 19.1 was turning off the Use Graphic Processor but I couldnt work properly cause it made things choppy and slow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So happy you solved the bug of version 19.0, but now I also have this new bug. ... But the workaround helps so far. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understandable. The other workaround option fyi is that from what we can tell it only happens when you have a 1x monitor and a 2x monitor with the 1x as primary.  If you make the 2x primary it stops. So no extra keys, but not always feasible either. Does that describe your setup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with full screen... I'm working with a 2015 Macbook Pro, 10.13.3, and Eizo primary screen. Please just fix this, I'm not turning off my Graphic processor.
Thank you in advance!
manja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manja,

The two known workarounds are:

1. press tab once or twice
2. set your 2x monitor to primary

Thanks,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Hannah! Yeah, pressing tab works. But making my Macbook pro monitor the primary screen doesn't work so well for me, so I'll wait for the update and a more permanent fix to the issue. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, with 19.01 can't use the pointer to make the work tab appear when set in full screen with the tab. Works only when graphic processor is disabled thats lead to another issues ! I rolled back to 19.0 but do you think this problem will be fixed in a reasonable future ? Using Imac 27,5" with last Sierra. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! This workaround is working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Mac OS Sierra, Photoshop CC 2018 and since this latest 19.1 update (not in 19.0) my full screen suffers from a strange problem when I'm NOT using an application frame. If I hit the f-key to switch to full-screen mode, it initially looks like the enclosed image: the screen seems split in 4 areas, and I can only work in the upper left quadrant. When I temporarily switch to another document (Cmd-tilde) and back again, everything seems alright again.

I guess it might have something to do with the fact I'm using multiple screens: two Cinema Displays and the screen of my MacBook Pro with a retina screen. One of the Cinema Displays is my main screen. When I work on my MacBook Pro without any extra screens attached, the bug doesn't occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for merging my question/problem with this thread !
I looked for earlier messages, but as I typed my title and received the results from the automated query, it said: "We found 34368 similar conversations". This thread wasn't in the top 10, and I wasn't in the mood for looking through 34358 other ones... Lazy me !

Seems that my problem has been reported by other users as well (good to know), and has been acknowledged by Adobe, so we'll just sit back and wait for 19.2, while hitting the tab key for now. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not you, Peter! Finding what you need takes some getting used to here. Happy to help! 

The other option is to switch your 2x monitor to primary.

Regards,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOOOO !! That's sooo small...
Why focus on a retina car window while I can stare at two panoramic slates ?
Yeah, a Surface Studio would maybe be better option, but that's not portable. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hanna, as I mentioned in my reply I have an external monitor set as primary and I keep having the issue we're talking about. What do you mean with "2x monitor"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I mean what you have your scaling set to - are you on Win?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 19.1.0 on a MBP running OSX 12.6. When you have a floating document window and hit 'F' for fullscreen, you get the result below. The grey area is the work area, the black area is completely fixed. Zooming in and out only magnifies/shrinks the image in the grey area. Somewhat defeats the point of having a 24" monitor.
Also: I would much prefer to have a proper bug report page but fifteen minutes of googling only turns up this option. I don't want to have "a conversation", I want to file a bug report with the company that's charging me £600 a year and allows a brain-meltingly stupid bug like this to go out in a release version.
EDIT: Fixed it. Had to turn off the "Use Graphics Processor" option in preferences under the 'Performance" section. (This is also the only way to get acceptable performance out of InDesign, BTW, and I think rather defeats the point of buying a MBP with a decent graphics card.)

RackMultipart2018020139900exfi-7df4bf3b-9406-4939-bd8e-ea3e8ce5ecee-1127326622.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else been approached by a legal firm inviting to participate in a class action for a refund on subscription fees due to the app not working as per contract?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, but I'm not an American citizen or business.
However, I do think there's no need to take any action, because:
  • software bugs are an integral aspect of software development;
  • the issue can easily be circumvented without further sacrifice;
  • the developer has the clear intention to solve the matter asap;
  • the Adobe EULA probably waives any bug-related damage or loss.
It's like suing parents for less genetic resistance against catching a cold.
You can send me a $15 check, for time spent on this legal consultation...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, nope either, I totally agree with your position Peter however you can't say :"the issue can easily be circumvented without further sacrifice" as disabling the graphic processor lead to another big problems with brushes etc...
More, I can hardly accept that a big one like Adobe could put on the air a version with such a big bug affecting so many users !
Let's hope for a swift (!) solution ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In stead of disabling the GPU or working with the application window switched on (to prevent it from happening) you can temporarily solve it by pressing the tab twice, to change views and let the GPU performance and screen arrangement behave again. No big problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, this is a well known trick but my issue is : when working a picture you want a larger view press the tab the pic become fullsceen the working tabs disappears from the right side, before 19.01 you approach the pointer to the right side making workingtab appears again to allow correction or wahtever... Now, nothing but a jump of my canvas to the left... I did ask the users service got an answer to disable GPU, wrote my problem to PS family no answer after a week...Sure if I use a second hit on the tab the picture come again but if I roll back to CS6 I will get the service as well !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can perfectly mimic the behaviour of the appearing panels in the edges of the screen after applying any reshuffle of the windows, together with the GPU running, and proper view on my screen. Press tab twice. After this trick, everything behaves as usual. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding or confusing your method ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, if you press tab you got a proper view that's ok but with previous version you don't have to press tab but put the pointer to the right edge (where the worktab was before wiped by the tab) and tabs appears. Press tabulation worktabs disappears, pointer to the right edge worktabs comes again without changing the zoom level.I was used to this very swift way to work and really upset to return to the ages....I am using an Imac 27,5" 3,5 Ghz, Intel 7with 32M Ram and Nividia GPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using an Imac 27,5" 3,5 Ghz, Intel 7with 32M Ram and Nividia GPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After pressing tab twice, press SHIFT tab to make the panels disappear again (except for tools and option bar) and make any panel(s) appear when you're near the edge of the screen. Does that work for you ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, thanks for your interest about my problem. I tried, Shift+tab doesn't work. Actually as far as I should press any key instead from moving my pointer all solutions are sh..t. Hope for a new version now...

Votes

Translate

Translate