• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Introducing scale the UI 200% for high-density displays for Windows

LEGEND ,
May 02, 2014 May 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photoshop team welcomes your feedback on this experimental feature. Let us know what you think!

Photoshop user interface controls may appear small and hard-to-read on high-density displays. Also, on touch-enabled screens, you may have trouble clicking the smaller controls. 200% scaling solves this issue by doubling the size of the user interface.

Since the user interface elements increase in size by 200%, depending on the size and resolution of your display, you may need to adjust the layout of existing workspaces. For example, on a 1080 px screen at 200%, the Tools panel extends off the bottom of the screen. You can change to double-column orientation in order to fit the panel on the screen.

Note: This feature is only for Windows users. HiDPI on Mac has been available for high-density Retina displays since Photoshop CS6.

Caveats

You may encounter some cosmetic issues while using this feature. While many Photoshop dialogs have been reworked so that they fit on the screen at 1080 px, viewing some dialogs (such as Smart Sharpen) completely may require you to collapse sections.

Disable 200% UI scaling

If you need to return to the default 100% scaling, do the following:

1. Select Preferences > Experimental Features.
2. Deselect Scale UI 200% For High-Density Displays (Windows Only).
3. Restart Photoshop.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 339 Replies 339
339 Comments
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be fine EXCEPT, for some reason it also scales the CONTENT in the workspace - I don't understand why it doesn't just scale the UI???

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2015 Dec 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank goodness I finally figured out how to disable this "feature" and make my display the right size. I don't know why the scale to 200% is the default mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2015 Dec 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would you not want to scale the content? It doesn't scale the content on OS X and it is a real PITA because you end up having to zoom things to 200% and Photoshop does not do that very well at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2015 Dec 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need this ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop/Bridge can not be used on a 4K Monitor (Eizo 3237) because the font is to small and not readable. Even the Option "Benutzeroberfläche" -> "UI Schriftgrad Gross" does not fix this. What is the reason using a 4K Eizo Monitor? Be able to edit the Photos in Photoshop and now I can not use the product in a high resolution. This really sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you did not enable the 200% UI scaling option in Photoshop, introduced in Photoshop CC 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2015 Dec 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the only Option i have is Ui Font small - medium - large. It does not matter wich one i select, nothing is changing (after restarting photoshop, even after restarting the Computer). Ist the latest Photoshop CC, Win 7 home prof 64 Bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2015 Dec 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, and I'm writing this on Dec 19, 2015, PS CC is version 2015.1.1 and the UI Size Preferences should look something like this on Windows:
20151219_023237_inline-fa5ca4fb-9dd3-4153-9bfb-a5c3b68eb910-777404945.png

Here is what the corresponding Help / About PS CC looks like:
20151219_022922_inline-40fe88cf-0681-48aa-b5f6-231880a625d0-1553818185.png

What exact version of PS CC do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop still has issues with scaling. Using a Surface Book (3000x2000) and either a 1080p or 1440p monitor, if you move PS between the two it is horrendous and does not "Auto" scale at all. If you change the scaling to 100% it will look OK on the 1440p monitor but the menus are still huge.

Amazed they still cannot get this right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, the menu size on Windows is controlled by the OS scaling settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2016 Jan 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a workaround for this.

http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-ap...

Setup Windows 8.1 to use an external manifest file (one line change to registry) and add a manifest file to the location where you have Photoshop.exe.

There is NO need to pay $10 / month to Adobe just so that your fonts look big in your 4k display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2016 Jan 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you used native Windows UI there would be no problem and it would just scale along with the UI. Unfortunately now we're ten years into HD displays and we're still working with a very poorly scaling Photoshop...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2016 Mar 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using a 32" 4k (main) screen and a 24" FullHD (secondary) screen. The secondary screen is only used for Photoshop Panels. The Photoshop UI scaling is on 200%, which of ok for the 4k screen. The real issue here is that the 200% are also applied for the secondary screen. All Photoshop Panels that are moved to the secondary screen are way to big and some don't even fit on the screen.

Is there any way around this? Photoshop CC is up to date. OS is Win 10 Pro.

THX! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to get this scaling option for Photoshop CS2? I'm still using my old Photoshop license but have upgraded to a high density Asus Zenbook with Windows 10.  I'd love to be able to download some sort of patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the feature was added in Photoshop CC 2014.
Photoshop CS2 is much too old to get any patches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might (MIGHT being the keyword here) be able to get it to scale up with the hack described here:
http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/

Although I have no idea whether this will work for such an old version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2016 Apr 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so supposedly in CC 2015 Adobe finally caught up with the high-res technology. 
But how about the users who paid for and are using CS 6 (13.0.1 x64) product. Do we need to go and get a pair of magnifying glasses to be able to use Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question was merged here.
Installed CS6 in a new dell inspiron 15 computer. When CS6 opens, the text in the UI is so small it is impossible to read. There is no experimental option. Under edit/preferences/interface it says interface it UI font large.
I need to continue to use PS for my work, but it is impossible to use.
How do I fix this bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, CS6 was written before high resolution displays were available on Windows, and long before Microsoft worked out issues with the OS UI scaling code.

Photoshop added a 200% UI Scaling feature on Windows in CC 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what to do to use CS6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 doesn't have the UI Scaling feature. To use get UI Scaling for high res displays on Windows, you need to use Photoshop CC 2014 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Windows Surface book and Photoshop CS6 is completely useless because of the size of the menus.  The experimental feature is not available.  Is there a way to get this scaling option for Photoshop CS6? The menus are not legible at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its extremely frustrating. I have the same issue 😐

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,