• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Introducing scale the UI 200% for high-density displays for Windows

LEGEND ,
May 02, 2014 May 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Photoshop team welcomes your feedback on this experimental feature. Let us know what you think!

Photoshop user interface controls may appear small and hard-to-read on high-density displays. Also, on touch-enabled screens, you may have trouble clicking the smaller controls. 200% scaling solves this issue by doubling the size of the user interface.

Since the user interface elements increase in size by 200%, depending on the size and resolution of your display, you may need to adjust the layout of existing workspaces. For example, on a 1080 px screen at 200%, the Tools panel extends off the bottom of the screen. You can change to double-column orientation in order to fit the panel on the screen.

Note: This feature is only for Windows users. HiDPI on Mac has been available for high-density Retina displays since Photoshop CS6.

Caveats

You may encounter some cosmetic issues while using this feature. While many Photoshop dialogs have been reworked so that they fit on the screen at 1080 px, viewing some dialogs (such as Smart Sharpen) completely may require you to collapse sections.

Disable 200% UI scaling

If you need to return to the default 100% scaling, do the following:

1. Select Preferences > Experimental Features.
2. Deselect Scale UI 200% For High-Density Displays (Windows Only).
3. Restart Photoshop.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 339 Replies 339
339 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: As of 10/25/17, we are closing this program to new applicants. We have a large number of participants already. Thank you to everyone who registered!

The Photoshop team has been listening to your many requests for better scaling options on Windows, and we’re happy to announce that we are ready for beta testing on this feature. Because of the large scale changes involved in this feature, we want to make sure people have the opportunity to test it out before it’s released.

All Windows customers are welcome to join and test, but please note that you will need to have Windows 10 Creators Edition installed in order to use the new continuously scalable user interface and per-monitor scaling. Windows 7, 8 and prior versions of Windows 10 will only support 100% and 200% - as the continuously scalable user interface requires APIs only available in Creators Edition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it astonishing that the last time this topic was raised under any relative circumstance, was a year, or more, ago...

I thought the UI was nearly illegible when I started using monitors with a resolution of 2560 x 1600; which, was when I upgraded to Adobe CS5.5 Design Premium Suite.

There was no "fix" available at the time even though the monitor resolutions and the version of CS (Which I had upgraded regularly since version 2.0) were both available standards. 

I refused to upgrade to CS 6.0 as I felt that going from 5.0 to 5.5 didn't really justify the expense. Now that everything Adobe is CC, or if you don't have access to the Internet you are pretty much out of luck since you never really purchase a program, but rather pay "rent" for using one. Even Light Room is now unusable unless you are logged on to Adobe Cloud. 

My point, or my question, is how can it be that after spending thousands of dollars over the years in Adobe software, because I find that CS 5.5 meets my needs, I cannot use a 4K monitor as it runs at a resolution of 3840 x 2160 and if I thought 2560 x 1600 was small on a 30" screen, try a 4K panel.

Why is it that Adobe CS5.5 (Except for Acrobat) does not provide for something as basic as the scaling of the UI? I am using Windows 10 Pro, Creator's Edition, and every other program either scales based on the Window's setting or has the ability to allow the user to define what size or percentage best meets their needs.

Am I the only individual that is still using Adobe CS 5.5? Or, for that matter CS6.0 since it does scale but only 200% which, from what I have read, is way too big. Has everyone who ever purchased Adobe CS5.5 or earlier versions, tossed their software in the garbage or maybe only use 24" monitors with 1080 resolutions and nothing else?

I have spent hours going through questions and answers from both Adobe and other users, and unless I am missing something in the maelstrom of inquiries on this subject, if I want to stay with CS 5.5 and want to use a 4K monitor, I am simply out of luck?

Adobe is supposed to be the “standard” for graphic software solution and yet, a program like CS5.5 is only adequate up to HD TV resolutions (1080)?

I had hoped for a long time (Since I was told I was out of luck when I purchased CS5.5 and a 30” monitor with a resolution of 2560 x 1600) that someone at Adobe would come up with a patch to address this issue; but maybe Adobe prefers to hold their customers hostage.

If I missed something, I would be grateful for some assistance; I would love to use CS5.5 on my new 4K monitor.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it astonishing that the last time this topic was raised under any relative circumstance, was a year, or more, ago...

I thought the UI was nearly illegible when I started using monitors with a resolution of 2560 x 1600; which, was when I upgraded to Adobe CS5.5 Design Premium Suite.

There was no "fix" available at the time even though the monitor resolutions and the version of CS (Which I had upgraded regularly since version 2.0) were both available standards. 

I refused to upgrade to CS 6.0 as I felt that going from 5.0 to 5.5 didn't really justify the expense. Now that everything Adobe is CC, or if you don't have access to the Internet you are pretty much out of luck since you never really purchase a program, but rather pay "rent" for using one. Even Light Room is now unusable unless you are logged on to Adobe Cloud. 

My point, or my question, is how can it be that after spending thousands of dollars over the years in Adobe software, because I find that CS 5.5 meets my needs, I cannot use a 4K monitor as it runs at a resolution of 3840 x 2160 and if I thought 2560 x 1600 was small on a 30" screen, try a 4K panel.

Why is it that Adobe CS5.5 (Except for Acrobat) does not provide for something as basic as the scaling of the UI? I am using Windows 10 Pro, Creator's Edition, and every other program either scales based on the Window's setting or has the ability to allow the user to define what size or percentage best meets their needs.

Am I the only individual that is still using Adobe CS 5.5? Or, for that matter CS6.0 since it does scale but only 200% which, from what I have read, is way too big. Has everyone who ever purchased Adobe CS5.5 or earlier versions, tossed their software in the garbage or maybe only use 24" monitors with 1080 resolutions and nothing else?

I have spent hours going through questions and answers from both Adobe and other users, and unless I am missing something in the maelstrom of inquiries on this subject, if I want to stay with CS 5.5 and want to use a 4K monitor, I am simply out of luck?

Adobe is supposed to be the “standard” for graphic software solution and yet, a program like CS5.5 is only adequate up to HD TV resolutions (1080)?

I had hoped for a long time (Since I was told I was out of luck when I purchased CS5.5 and a 30” monitor with a resolution of 2560 x 1600) that someone at Adobe would come up with a patch to address this issue; but maybe Adobe prefers to hold their customers hostage.

If I missed something, I would be grateful for some assistance; I would love to use CS5.5 on my new 4K monitor.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original size of the text interface is way too small for me to read easily.  I appreciate the 200% size, but that makes things just a little too large and the interface seems a little blurry and clumsy.  I agree that 150% would very likely be a perfect size.  But better yet, why not make it scalable.  If that's not an option, at least offer a few sizes between 100% and 200%, such as 125%, 150%, 175%, and 200%, to give people with varying visual acuity the opportunity to optimize the interface for them individually. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Jeanne's official reply. You can download a prerelease version if you want to try out a 150% that will be available in a future update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A future upset? 🙂  Thanks, I'd like to try that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update. Grr. Autocorrect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so aggravated with this that I'm about to cancel my Creative Cloud subscription. I have Googled and tried every single suggestion I've found but NOTHING will increase the toolbar text above about 2 pts and it's unusable for me. I don't know how anyone can use it with this nonsense.
I've changed it to large, to 200%, closed and restarted, restarted my computer, changed settings on my computer. This is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously?!?!?!?! Just installed Photoshop 2018 today and the HiDPI UI feature is STILL NOT IN ??? I even tested the beta a few months ago and it seemed pretty stable. But, opening Photoshop 2018 now, the official release that came out today, and its as broken as always has been. Please tell me at least the feature is hidden somewhere as experimental or something?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try preferences>Interface>Text and then UI Font Size and UI Scaling?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the same way it has always been, there's no UI features there as far as I can see. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned this function ON and now photoshop CC 2021 is not starting 🙄

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I turned this function ON and now photoshop cc 2021 is not starting on my 1080p display. I have 24" Screen

Votes

Translate

Translate