• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Inverted horizontal scroll bug (Windows 10) [2018]

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is basically a repeat of someone else who posted this bug 5 months ago and never got a response. I however am not on a surface book it's an Asus Zenbook if that matters.

I myself have been dealing with this problem for at least 5 months probably longer and I AM SO TIRED OF DEALING WITH IT. Please fix this problem!!!!!

In the settings for Windows 10, you can reverse the vertical scrolling direction of the trackpad.

Normally, this has no effect on the horizontal scrolling direction. For example, in Illustrator and other programs, when you use two fingers to swipe left, the viewing area moves to the left (i.e. the document moves off to the right). This is the behavior of every program on the planet, Windows and Mac, except for Photoshop.

What happens now in Photoshop is that the horizontal scroll is also incorrectly reversed if you choose to reverse your trackpad's vertical scroll direction. This is clearly a bug as the behavior doesn't take place in any other Adobe products.

Someone mistakenly must have used the vertical reverse flag to also multiply the horizontal scrolling distance * -1. It's extremely annoying and counter-intuitive when trying to move around images. Please fix!

Here's a link to that bug:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-cc-2018-reverse-scroll-bug-in-win10...

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Engineering is investigating this issue. Be sure to hit the upvote button at the top of the page to add your voice.

Votes

Translate

Translate
51 Comments
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is still here: Photoshop 22.4.1 / Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows two-finger gesture  (in trackpad) is really common in lots of applications, it is also available in photoshop but the movement is reversed. In all the applications if I drag right ( using two-finger ) the page also goes right which is good and common. But in photoshop the thing is reversed when I drag right the canvas goes left ( why I don't know ), It's annoying. please fix it and optimize your application for the trackpad. 

Thank You 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Took Adobe a year just to respond with a comment. Another 2 and a half years later and something so simple and fundamental still has not been fixed. I gotta say, I miss Photoshop 7. At least its basic features worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me with a Magic Trackpad 1 on Windows. Don't even have a Logitech mouse. Trackpad scrolling works perfectly fine in every other program (I know, shocking), it's just Adobe's where that somehow results in inverted horizontal scrolling. You'd think if they could make vertical scrolling work in the correct direction they could have also figured it out for horizontal scrolling sometime in the last 5 years, but I guess that is asking too much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone

Like you I have been waiting for Adobe to fix this for around 5 years but nobody seems willing to change that -1 to a 1... so today I made a workaround using Autohotkey:

;PHOTOSHOP SCROLL FIX

#MaxHotkeysPerInterval 1000

#if WinActive("ahk_exe Photoshop.exe")
WheelLeft::sendinput, {WheelRight}
#if

#if WinActive("ahk_exe Photoshop.exe")
WheelRight::sendinput, {WheelLeft}
#if

Hopefully that will help some others in the pleasurable use of our v. expensive software!

Cheers, John G 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOW HARD IS IT to put a toggle in to reverse the horizontal scroll. I CAN'T BELIEVE I'VE PAID A COMPANY THIS KIND OF MONEY for DECADES for supposedly production ready software and can't get BASIC USABILITY PROBLEMS FIXED. Maybe you should have fixed things like this instead of sinking trillions of development hours into that cockamamie 3D functionality that was literally never useful for 98% of your users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but this is totally infuriating. I worked as a software developer for like 10 years and I don't know how product managers can look themselves in the face while prioritizing dubioulsy useful features over bug fixes when people are paying for subscriptions. I get the business need for it if you're optimizing for new sales of boxed software, but the entire justification of the subscription model is having things constantly worked on becuase you're constantly funding it. These problems completely neutralize that argument.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

* look at themselves in the mirror

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still having this issue in 2022 on Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem still there in PS 2013... (cursing removed) Adobe?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS 2023*

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still can't believe this is a problem after all these years. For anyone wondering, jbngar's AHK fix works perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been 5 years, ARE YOU KIDDING?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scrolling worked fine on my old laptop with Windows 10, but for some reason was inverted on my new laptop with Windows 11. The Autohotkey solution didn't work for me as the script would run for 5 seconds and then would start stuttering and the inverted scrolling would occur again. Thankfully I found a solution that doesn't require changing the scrolling direction for your whole system with X-mouse button control. You just need to open X-mouse and Photoshop, add Photoshop to X-mouse, and under the Scrolling tab select 'invert mouse horizontal (tilt) scrolling'. Was slightly concerned it wouldn't work considering I'm using a trackpad/touchpad instead of a mouse, but it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Utterly baffling why this is yet to be fixed.   @AngeliqueAngie  thank you so much for the free, quick, simple and effective workaround.  @adobe Please hire Angelique.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutly rediculouse there is no option to invert scrolling. Having to install some random 3rd party software from the internet to work arrountd this feature, that is increadably easy to impliment, is just unacceptable. the fact that a free software can fix this in 5 minuets shows how easy it is to implement ansd adobe should be rather embarresed. X mouse from highrez is the fix i am having to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is still active, and not present in any other Adobe softwares as far as I know. While I have gotten used to this, it is very irritating, and it would be wonderful if there were a setting to change this, or it were just completely patched in a future update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bradley33228429ufrq wrote: Absolutly rediculouse there is no option to invert scrolling

If you are on Windows, see if this helps. Scroll down to either Touchpad scrolling or Mouse scrolling.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-reverse-scrolling-direction-windows-10

If you are on macOS, it's called Natural Scrolling. You can change it in System Preferences.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be useful as I am on windows myself, but I don't want scroll to be different anywhere else 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2K23 and still an issue ... lol ... when you guys wanna scroll down a piece of paper in front of you and move it horizontally ... what do you??? Why aint that simple to fix this in photoshop ?

Its like you guys grab the desk and try to move it to the left to make the piece of paper goes right.. insanely counter productive!

TO BE FIXED!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue: Photoshop horizontal scrolling is inverted. When I swipe left on my touchpad, the screen moves right. This only happens in PS and in no other app on my computer.

PS version: 25.3.1

OS version: Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, OS build 22631.2861, Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22681.1000.0

Steps to Reproduce: 

1. Go to Windows 11 Settings > Bluetooth & Devices > Touchpad > Scroll & Zoom. Make sure Scrolling Direction is set to Down Motion Scrolls Down.

rad5_0-1704729731688.png

2. In PS, open any file.

3. Using a laptop touchpad, swipe left. Note: If scroll bar does not appear when document fits screen, go to PS Preferences > Tools > enable Overscroll. Or zoom in the file enough so the horizontal scroll bar appears at the bottom of the window.

rad5_1-1704730277737.png

Actual Result: PS scrolls right when you swipe left.

Expected Result: PS should scroll left when you swipe left.

Notes: With the above settings, PS scrolls vertically correctly (swipe down/scroll down), and horizontally incorrectly (swipe left/scroll right). If you change the Windows scroll direction to Down Motion Scrolls Up, you will get the swipe down/scroll up behavior in PS, but you will get swipe left/scroll left behavior in PS. You should get swipe left/scroll right behavior in that instance.

In short, if you prefer swipe down/scroll down, you should be able to swipe left/scroll left. If you prefer swipe down/scroll up, you should be able to swipe left/scroll right.

This is not the first time this has been reported. See posts here and here. Neither post has a working solution in the replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2024 Feb 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using PS 2023 (24.2.0) and I have a Lenovo X1 Yoga 4th Gen and I use mostly my trackpoint and the horizontal scrolling is also inverted, interestingly only on the main screen moving around the canvas and IT WORKS FINE inside of individual tools, say: Liquify

My touchpad works fine and is NOT inverted but I hate touchpads

Allegedly the trackpoint is "ELAN Trackpoint Device"

In the settings of the trackpoint there is barely anything as u can see on screenshot

I shall add the trackpoint horizontal scroll works fine for any other windows app or activity

Is this "ELAN"s or Lenovo's fault? Or Adobe?

Thanks for your attention

Captura de pantalla 2024-02-17 145011.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up just getting used to the inversed direction of the horizontal scrolling of my trackpoint lol. Yeah I guess it'll be like that forever

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread has the most action about it.
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-inverted-horizontal-scroll-bug-windows-10-...

One user there, @AngeliqueAngie, posted a wonderful workaround to fix this that involves a freeware app.

1. Install X-Mouse Button Control and launch it.
  2. Click Add.
  3. Add photoshop.exe.
  4. Select it from the list if it's not already selected.
  5. Click the Scrolling tab.
  6. Turn on the Invert mouse horizontal (tilt) scrolling checkbox.
  7. Click Apply.

Now horizontal scrolling with the touchpad will match vertical scrolling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 16, 2024 May 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix this! very difficult to use a program that works completely different from every other program

Votes

Translate

Translate