• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: macOS 14.1 / Photoshop 2024 v25.0/25.1 Toolbar click through issue

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well ... that wasn't something I ever expected or have ever seen. Was using Photoshop 2024 v 25.0.0 just this morning no problem with macOS 14.0.1. Updated to macOS 14.1 this afternoon, and now the top half of the toolbar clicks THROUGH the toolbar into the Finder. What? The bottom half of the toolbar works as usual. I've turned off most of the toolbar and tool prefs & that does nothing. Did a bunch of Interweb searches ... nothing relevent yet.

This is pretty new Photoshop behaviour ... wondering if anyone else has run into this yet.

Any ideas?

I could temporarily move all the most used tools to the bottom half of the toolbar. Though all the tools can be chosen by keyboard commands ... just can't click on those tools in the bar.

Color me perplexed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

macOS 14.1 Photoshop 2024 Tool Bug.gif

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Engaged , Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Ok, some good news here. Apple just had an update to Sonoma (Nov 9, 2023) and subsequent to that, I went into Ps full screen mode and tried out the docked panels as before (the ones encircled in magenta in the screenshot of the original post). They all appear to work fine now. So whatever was done, it would appear as though the issue is now resolved. With that, I will now return you to your regularly scheduled mayhem 🤪😁. Oh, and thanks to everyone who chimed in, either to confirm or suggest id

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

This should be addressed in macOS 14.1.1 which just shipped today.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

If you want to use a tool without using the application frame, turn on the application frame and separate the tool from the application frame.

1.png
After that, you should be able to use it as long as you turn off the application frame and do not attach the tool to the monitor.

2.png

Please do not perform the following operations.

3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Updating Status.
This has been a known issue since macOS Sonoma v14.1.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
95 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the following problem:
Actually I have the iOS Sonoma 14.1.
Using Photoshop the tools stripe on the left don't run as usual.
I mean... 
I can use the tool from the eraser to the bottom but not on the top,. When I click (for example the brush, or lazo...) the stripe disappear and the mac switch to finder so I cannot use the tools.
I asked to Apple but they don't know why.
It's important because I cannot work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stefano33368092bi55 take a look at this thread, it could be related to the issue you have with the tool bar, there's a workaround mentioned in the second post if indeed that is the case

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/clicking-on-toolbar-is-like-clicking-off-ps-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Detach the tool bar from the frame and/or other windows so that it floats by itself. Seems to work for me so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mny thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did not fix it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here. Sonoma 14.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes at the moment this solution is ok... thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2023 Nov 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you might be on to something. I have Ps 25.1 on both an intel Mac and an M1 Mac (each with Sonoma 14.1), both exhibit the same issue where Photoshop disappears when in non-application frame mode when I click on one of the tool palettes on the RIGHT side (the ones that are attached just to the left of the Layers palette). 

As I change the settings in Stage Manager in system settings on the Mac, it causes Photoshop to react differently when I click on the palettes (on the right). 

I have not figured out a combination that fixes the issue, it just makes Ps react diffrently. So Stage manager must be, at least, part of the problem.

Either way, still waiting on Adobe & Apple to fix this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into the same situation. I turned off the Application Frame and my tool bar, half of it anyway, stopped working.  It just snapped back into the left side of my monitor.  Turned it back on and it works the way it should.  I don't understand this.  I don't like working with the Application Frame turned on.  On hold now with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I NEVER use the Application Frame and I have my toolbar anchored, but I'm not seeing this under Sonoma 14.1. I suppose its possible that a dual-display setup doesn't have this issue?

I also have Stage Manager options turned off where possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spoke to Adobe yesterday.  This is a known issue which they will fix along with Apple.  It was suggested that I uninstall OS 14.1 Sonoma, yes I'm on a MAC and install 14.0 until they've had a chance to fix it.  I'm going to work with the Application on, easiest fix for me until they do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here after recent update to 14.1.  Called Apple and they actually alerted me that it was a known issue with Photoshop. I don't have the problem in Illustrator. The toggling off the application frame workaround is working for me. I will just work that way until there is a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rolling back from 14.1 to 14.0 is a bad idea for numerous reasons, especially since the security fixes are now public and exploitable. Just use one of the workarounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just updated to Sonoma 14.1.1 and my toolbar & panels appear to be working correctly again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be addressed in macOS 14.1.1 which just shipped today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

removed duplicate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sonoma 14.1.1 solves the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay! Glad it's fixed.

Not going to say that it should've never happened in the first place, or it took longer to fix than we all woul've liked.  Just happy I can work again without that lousy application frame. And, isn't that why we all prefer to use Macs than those other computers!! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, some good news here. Apple just had an update to Sonoma (Nov 9, 2023) and subsequent to that, I went into Ps full screen mode and tried out the docked panels as before (the ones encircled in magenta in the screenshot of the original post). They all appear to work fine now. So whatever was done, it would appear as though the issue is now resolved. With that, I will now return you to your regularly scheduled mayhem 🤪😁. Oh, and thanks to everyone who chimed in, either to confirm or suggest ideas about what might be tried/done. Later.

Apple Studio (M1 Max), 1 TB SSD, 32 GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate