Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Measurement status display glitch

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 21.1.1 (latest), Windows 10

I have the Photoshop status bar set to show the current image pixel dimensions. Usually (though not always) when I resize the image (Image -> Image Size), the status bar display does not change - it displays the pre-resize dimensions. The image is resized, and going into the Image Size dialog shows the correct size, as does the full display when the status bar is clicked.

In the above image the original dimensions were 3028 px x 2260 px, resized to 2500 px x 1866 px. Clearly the status bar is not getting updated. This behavior started after a recent update.

Such strange bugs Photoshop has...

David

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020
Resetting preferences seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
3 Comments
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

I'm sorry you're seeing a screen update issue.

I've tried to reproduce it here with an image of the dimensions and depth you described and have not been able to do so.  In every case I'm seeing the image dimensions update a noticeable fraction of a second after completing the Image Size operation.  I tried with default preferences and those I prefer for editing, as well as with some other key settings enabled or disabled.

Could you please capture your Help > System Info data and paste it into a post here?  Alternatively, you may contact me via eMail directly at carboni@adobe.com.

As a potential workaround, just because we have seen it correct odd problems, could you please try resetting your Photoshop preferences.  One way is to go into Edit > Preferences > General and click the [ Reset Preferences on Quit ] button, then close Photoshop and restart it.

I'm opening up a problem report and we will look for reasons that status field might not be updated.

Thanks for reporting this.

-Noel Carboni
 Adobe Quality Engineering Developer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting preferences seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi David,

Thanks for following up and letting us know you're up and running properly.  Enjoy using Photoshop!

-Noel Carboni
 Adobe Quality Engineering Developer

Votes

Translate

Translate