• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Menu Flicker when Painting in Full Screen Modes

Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I go to paint in a full screen mode, if I have more than ~a handful of layers in a larger file (~100mb+), all the menus and tool panels flicker almost every time I make a brush stroke. It's unfortunately not quite consistent enough for me to give exact repro steps (I haven't figured out what triggers it besides full screen modes), though I've seen it happen in a wide variety of file sizes with different numbers of layers. This doesn't happen for me when I'm in a normal view with a floating or docked window, which is how I've had to work for a while. It's very distracting and makes working in full screen modes untenable.

I've observed this on my home and work Windows 10 machines. Both have good graphics cards, processors (i7) and at least 32gb RAM, both using Wacom Intuos tablets. I've tried mucking with the graphics card settings, but that doesn't seem to have any impact (even after restarting Photoshop).

I usually have the Brushes window open, displaying their stroke previews, the Brush Settings open, the Navigator, plus Info, Color, Properties, Layers, Actions, History (50 states), and Layer Comps. Dual 4K monitors. (also seen with 1x2k and 1x4k dual monitor setup). 

I've been having this problem in Photoshop for at least the last 2 years.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 24.5. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 24.5, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
30 Comments
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, great news indeed! Seems like one's input does have some effect sometimes. Maybe even for the greater good?

Any idea what might be the root of this issue and how long it might take before it is resolved and rolled out in a new version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 24.5. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 24.5, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great! I've tried 24.5 now for a couple of hours and it does seem that the problem has been solved. Yay!

(The update has introduced a major lag on using alt/eyedropper nad hand tool, but I'll post that elsewhere.)

Any chance of letting us in on what was at the root of this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mohit, Thank you for fixing this bug! Seems like when I use a brush tool for painting, the issue was gone but when I use a Custom Shape Tool in pixel mode repeatedly the flickering still happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate