• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Move tool auto-select is selecting layers in hidden or locked groups

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love the multiple path selection tool in Photoshop CC, but is there a way to *not* include invisible & locked layers?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 08, 2013 Sep 08, 2013
Should be fixed in the Photoshop CC 14.1 update:

http://adobe.ly/16AZpYt

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 129 Replies 129
129 Comments
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2013 Aug 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem (on Mac)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To promote the expression of my level of anger because of this bug, i wanted to post a picture here... but wait - can't create it: photoshop is still unusable! gnaaaaaa.... Fix it! Please! ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2013 Aug 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hurry up and fix this before I cancel my CC subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2013 Aug 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really needs to be fixed soon. It is very problematic for many crucial workflows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2013 Aug 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2013 Aug 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still not fixed. Repeat. Not fixed.

This is unnacceptable. Fix this now Adobe or at least give us an update on where things are.

Could I please ask anyone that posts here about the problem, to give this problem a vote at the top of the screen, the more votes it gets the quicker it rises. There's got to be more web devs out there who can no longer create detailed mockups thanks to this insidious flaw, so please make some noise about it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plus One

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You can lock multiple layers at once using the Layers panel. You can hide multiple layers by going to Layer > Hide Layers. "

This just isn't viable when you have hundreds of layers contained within dozens of nested folders. This bug has caused my workflow to blow out to four times the amount of time it normally takes, and there's been zero response from Adobe about it. When will we see this critical problem resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You can lock multiple layers at once using the Layers panel. You can hide multiple layers by going to Layer > Hide Layers. "

This just isn't viable when you have hundreds of layers contained within dozens of nested folders. This bug has caused my workflow to blow out to four times the amount of time it normally takes, and there's been zero response from Adobe about it. When will we see this critical problem resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody said it was fixed. It has been acknowledged, and we've said that we're working on it. And no, votes aren't going to help at this point: we're already working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2013 Aug 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disgraceful from Adobe. So many bugs from this to Shape Properties and font sizing. An absolute piss-take!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2013 Aug 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also waiting for a fix. This is terrible for my productivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel the need to add my voice to the discussion. I've wasted hours of time now trying to work in CC and have resorted to reverting back to CS6 - the primary reason being the inability to select layers in a manner that fits my workflow.

Thankfully reading this I realise my workflow is the same as many others using Photoshop for web design. (It's not just me being stupid or inefficient)

It's just infuriating.

I expected better of Adobe.

Please please please please fix this.
Stop selecting hidden and locked layers with click and drag selection using move tool.
Stop selecting all points with direct selection click and drag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2013 Aug 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really frustrating. Would be great if Adobe could give some insight into a plan. I've had CC installed on my machine for months, but I'm still unable to use it because of this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2013 Aug 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pls fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the response Chris, but you have to understand that this is not just some trivial issue - this is affecting the workflow of many people and disrupting the way we work with your software on a daily basis with layers and objects. It's a shock that such a major issue has crept into an otherwise outstanding product.

Surely you can understand why so many people are irate here and demand answers, after committing to support your CC strategy that has promised to iterate fixes and new features quicker than before.

As for telling us to not bother voting, what's the point of a voting system in the first place if we can't raise our voice on the matter and give you guys awareness that this is a bit of a bigger priority to put more resources towards? Having a faulty Select tool in an industry-standard product is worth raising the notice about, at least so more people who have this issue are likely to see this thread and get help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please fix this. This major bug honestly makes me 20-30% less efficient at my work.

I know you say your team is working hard, but it feels like this isn't a priority on your side.
Adobe isn't well known for fixing bugs quickly (or even fixing them at all), so we are very hesitant to believe a fix is in the works.

And some sympathy and sense of understanding for your *paying* customers would be nice as well 😞
Please recognize that we are valuable to your business as your software is to ours, and respond accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to see this problem is slowly rising to the top of the heap thanks to additional votes. Adobe reps might like to tell us to stop complaining and voting, but if we don't this issue will just sink like a rock. I'm not trying to be rude or aggressive about this, but a critical flaw like this deserves special attention from Adobe and the fix process should be communicated more transparently - so those of us who rely on Photoshop to make an income can actually feel like there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The votes don't matter. See the official answer at the beginning of the topic.
Adobe is a publicly traded company, we can't tell you much about unannounced products or versions of products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC / mac /

Dear Photoshop team I am very appreciative of all your hard work and efforts to put out a great product and it is one great product.

With that stated I must admit that I am very disappointed with the bug that has been reported over 2 months ago in regards to hidden locked group layers being selected on drag selecting with the move tool. I have lost a significant amount of time in production of design with this flaw. I don't believe two months is an unreasonable amount of time to make the fix to this bug considering it has never had an issue in the past.

Every response to this complaint states that Adobe is aware of the problem that it is being worked on but discussions about the release of the BUG FIX is not something representatives are able to discuss. That is a poor excuse as this is not a small bug with a work around on files with hundreds of layers. Did you understand that? Hundreds of layers! If I told you the work around for finding a 2.5" nut in a pile of hundreds of 2" nuts but you have to sift through a bottle neck the diameter of a milk container would you accept that as an answer? We only have so much real estate on screen. I have many layers of on/off/action states and so forth and this is the worst issue I have EVER had. This is not a mistake this is a complete lack attention by the analyst/testers.

To make matters worse I just updated PS with your bug fix update and was hoping to see a fix to this issue but was devastated to see that you once again failed to correct the issue. When are you going to get this issue corrected? WE DESERVE TO KNOW AS PAYING CUSTOMERS WHO SUPPORT YOUR BUSINESS! I am fuming about this and no longer even want to open and work with my files due to this issue.

P.S. Please don't respond with long work around solutions that don't do production deadlines any favors. As mentioned before my supervisors don't accept the response you provide and neither would you. When a deadline is a deadline your inability isn't an excuse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC has not had any updates since it's initial release. It is still version 14.0.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you really trying to tell us that you can't give us an idea of when you'll be releasing fix for this issue because you're a publicly traded company? Come on.

Most of us are trying to be patient and we understand that it can take time to sort through bug requests, make priorities, etc. On the other hand, this is an important workflow issue for a lot of people. A flippant response and some bologna about being a publicly traded company isn't helpful.

Maybe it's worth remembering that there's a lot of emerging competition for Photoshop. I've personally been resisting the urge to switch to Sketch for my day-to-day work. I suspect other people here are too. Animosity from a "Sr. Computer Scientist" at Adobe doesn't help the case for sticking around, esp, on top of what seems to be a disinterested response to a regression bug that prevents us from doing our work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, legally we cannot tell you about unannounced products or versions of products. That isn't flippant - that's just the facts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And we haven't shown disinterest - we acknowledged the bug and said that we're working on it!

Votes

Translate

Translate