• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Move tool auto-select is selecting layers in hidden or locked groups

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2013 Jun 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love the multiple path selection tool in Photoshop CC, but is there a way to *not* include invisible & locked layers?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 08, 2013 Sep 08, 2013
Should be fixed in the Photoshop CC 14.1 update:

http://adobe.ly/16AZpYt

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 129 Replies 129
129 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by invisible layers? The vector selection tools should not select hidden layers, or any layers that are not returned by the current layer filter. If this is not working correctly, please let me know.

There isn't a way to exclude locked layers, unless you use the Attribute = Not Locked layer filter. You can also use isolation mode to specify which layers are selectable. Let me know if you need further help with using this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I asked the wrong question. I assumed it had something to do with the Multiple Path selection because it highlighted all the layer edges. You are correct, this does not apply to the vector selection tool.

I'm in Auto-select mode and using the Move Tool to drag a marquee around multiple layers. This selects *all* layers in the marque including locked and hidden layers.

This was not the behaviour in CS6, where I could lock a bunch of layers in the background, and work freely on the unlocked layers above them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem! When I drag and select multiple layers with the move tool, auto-select is selecting my hidden and locked layers. This was driving me nuts last night and I haven't been able to find any info on the problem. Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fgsagasg

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Is this a bug that will be fixed, like today?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Is this a bug that will be fixed, like today?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeanne, I am receiving this as well. It's definitely a bug. I opened up cs6 beside it with the exact same file and it is not selecting my hidden/locked files. However, in CC it selects the layers I want, plus hidden layers behind it and locked layers (that are in range of my marquee in the 'move tool'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like this is a known issue and we already have a bug logged. The problem happens when working with layer groups and the group is hidden or locked. Until this is fixed, the workaround is to hide or lock the layers themselves rather than the group.

You can lock multiple layers at once using the Layers panel. You can hide multiple layers by going to Layer > Hide Layers.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing this issue as well. I'll be fine using CS6 for the time being, but I hope this gets fixed soon :)
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2013 Jun 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crap I just ran into this now that I'm trying to work entirely within CC. I'm really disappointed the Photoshop team didn't include me in the beta to help discover these issues. I keep finding more and more...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem around here using PS CC in Windows when working with layer groups locking. Locking them one by one is a temporary patch but I hope it'll get fixed since this kind of kills my whole workflow 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but Auto-Select Layer now selects all layers—even layers that have been disabled (eye poked out). I went back to CS6 to check and it's definitely a Photoshop CC function/bug.

If layers have been turned off, I don't want to accidentally select and move them. Is this a bug or some other change someone thought would help? Please revert back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2013 Jun 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its really a big problem for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2013 Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likewise I'm having the same problem and it is not ok ... I hide or lock layers because I do not want to select them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me as well. it won't even highlight the selected hidden layers in the layers panel if the group they're in is collapsed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I mention also the Direct Path Tool ... it does the same thing, selects multiple points from all the shapes you go over (on other layers as well) ... I really can not believe these bugs ... especially these ones .... in a final release!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexandru,
I'm not sure if the direct path tool performance is a bug; I think it's been touted as a new feature that enables editing multiple paths at once—something some people have been asking for for awhile, though I can also see that it would be very frustrating if you are wanting to focus on one vector layer in a document containing many. I imagine this behavior can be disabled, and that it is unrelated to the topic of this thread, unless the direct path tool is also selecting paths/anchors on layers that are hidden.
Cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The hidden layer problem has been fixed. But not the locked group problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did you change this behavior ???

whats the points ? who needs to select hidden / locked layers ?! this bug smashed a few projects of mine already...

too bad !

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2013 Jul 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem as well in Ps CC. The selection tool is selecting layers when they are in a group that is either hidden and/or locked. Huge pain. I'm eagerly waiting for a fix. Since it's CC I'm hoping that the fix comes down the line really soon. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This needs to be fixed asap this is slowly becoming a huge headache. I lock groups in order to select multiple objects without affecting the ones in those groups. This is really frustrating when working on UI with multiple states.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2013 Jul 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is impossible to work with ps. How come there is no bug fix for that long?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really think they just don't give a crap .... I've tested CC on MAC OS X no problem .... on windows this huge bug is present .....

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC has been out less than a month. Fixing and testing takes time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 15, 2013 Jul 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's definitely Mac, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate