• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: No image preview on Open dialog box on Windows

LEGEND ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preview window in the "Open" dialog box on Windows is gone in Photoshop. So if I click on a PSD file (once) to preview it, there isn't one. I have to completely open the file or go digging for it in Bridge. This is a very fundamental feature that needs to return, especially for those of us that have hundreds of files to dig through. PLEASE fix this.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 680 Replies 680
680 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Red PointPut your blue hair away and please do not use this forum to abuse other forum users. They are legitimate users also. Yes some of us are people that make a legitimate living by making software to make YOUR life better. Adobe just want your time and interest in their software. They will tell you to use Bridge. If you don't like the alternatives, either cry in the sink or make your own solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Red Point Either fix the problem or stop complaining. Adobe have their reasons and others have put a lot of time and effort into fixing the problem which may cost you some dollars because it cost them time. Time is money sunshine. Either fix it yourself or pony up the required dollars for a third party solution. Welcome to capitalism you whinging little child.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Red Point If you read the thread, you'd see clearly that they're not "abusing" this thread to sell their absolutely essential tool. In fact, it's the ACE's who are linking to Sage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Support Community rules state that content including "advertisments" are not permitted. They also state, that posting a link to a 3rd party website is permissible only if it is a.) relevant AND 2.) the website content is free. As you have mentioned yourself, your software is not free. So according to forum guidelines, it is not permissible to post a link here. Promoting 3rd party software can also expose Adobe and moderators alike to liability issues, so I assume, these rules also serve to protect from any unwanted legal implications. 

But that is not the point I am trying to make. I'm also not trying to sabotage your business model. I just noticed in this and previous threads relating to this topic, that when Adobe users post legitimate concerns regarding native thumbnail display issues in Windows, moderators and 3rd party software developers alike tend to push third party solutions.

I understand this may be convenient, but it also tends to kill any possibility for further discussion. 3rd party software developers happily join in, present their own solution as the only possibility to solve the problem and then try to subtly silence any opposition to that view. Just in the two previous messsages directed against the concerns I raised earlier.

This kills any discussion and tends to create an atmosphere of intimidation, in which legitimate questions are silenced from the start. This is not how a forum should operate and therefore community guidelines exist: Namely to make possible a free and open platform to raise authentic concerns. To let others speak freely and without fear, also giving Adobe a very important tool to understand true customer sentiments.

It should be in the interest of Adobe to create and protect a healthy climate, in which anyone can post their concerns without being harrassed, spamed or told to "stop complaining" or told to "pony up dollars for a third-party solution".

I understand that you want to sell your software, but this is not the way to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Support Community rules state that content including "advertisments" are not permitted. They also state, that posting a link to a 3rd party website is permissible only if it is a.) relevant AND 2.) the website content is free. As you have mentioned yourself, your software is not free. So according to forum guidelines, it is not permissible to post a link here. Promoting 3rd party software can also expose Adobe and moderators alike to liability issues, so I assume, these rules also serve to protect from any unwanted legal implications. 

>> Bla Bla. What are you talking about legal implications?

>> Advertising? How? Just information on possible 3rd party solutions.

>> Seems like you have a gripe against the free market.

But that is not the point I am trying to make. I'm also not trying to sabotage your business model. I just noticed in this and previous threads relating to this topic, that when Adobe users post legitimate concerns regarding native thumbnail display issues in Windows, moderators and 3rd party software developers alike tend to push third party solutions.

>> The discussion still remains. Regardless of anyone offering third party solutions. Everyone has free will and can make their own choices.

I understand this may be convenient, but it also tends to kill any possibility for further discussion. 3rd party software developers happily join in, present their own solution as the only possibility to solve the problem and then try to subtly silence any opposition to that view. Just in the two previous messsages directed against the concerns I raised earlier.

>> Again - what now? killing discussion? How? there’s just more information on the table for people to discern. Nobody is forcing anything down anyone’s throat.

This kills any discussion and tends to create an atmosphere of intimidation, in which legitimate questions are silenced from the start. This is not how a forum should operate and therefore community guidelines exist: Namely to make possible a free and open platform to raise authentic concerns. To let others speak freely and without fear, also giving Adobe a very important tool to understand true customer sentiments.

>> Again - killing discussion? How? There’s more to discuss. Nobody is being forced to do anything.

It should be in the interest of Adobe to create and protect a healthy climate, in which anyone can post their concerns without being harrassed, spamed or told to "stop complaining" or told to "pony up dollars for a third-party solution".

>> A healthy climate? For whom? Against what? What the hell are you talking about? harassed? spammed? none of that is going on. I suggest you see a therapist.

I understand that you want to sell your software, but this is not the way to do it.

>> What is not the way to do it? Against your ideals / tortured perspective of reality? Nothing untoward is going on at all. It’s a discussion forum about issues and solutions. You might need some help if you find it all a bit too much for your sensibilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate