• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 23.0 crashes when trying to use touchscreen

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The system automatically updated to PS 23.0. Now the PS crashes when trying to zoom in or tilt the image by hand on the touchscreen. I tried to disable the graph

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Hi all,  

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.0.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.0.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating  

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.  

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Major facepalm moment and massive apologies!  We're working on getting a fix out ASAP.  In the meantime the workarounds are to either just disable and not use touch or disable the Spaces plugin by simply renaming it with a ~ 

If you disable the "Spaces" plugin then the crash goes away.
To disable rename the "Spaces" folder in Plugins to "~Spaces".
Change
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Required\Plug-ins\Spaces
To:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Required\Plug-ins\~Space

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Thanks @alanber I found your submitted crash log. I've asked engineering to take a look. 

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 138 Replies 138
138 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@chad.rolfs @J453 Hi, I am having a similar problem and have submitted crash reports when photohop crashes. It seems to crash strait away whenever I try to use the touch screen. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Photoshop freezes and crashes immidiately after I pinch the screen.

Im using Wacom 22HD and newest version of photoshop and windows 10....

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having a similar issue. I have sent a crash report. What is the current situation regarding this issue? Any fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem!!  This is the worst timing I have 60 galleries to edit!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the top of the page there's a working temp fix posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I have a Windows Surface Studio and every time I zoom or tilt with my touch screen the program freezes up and crashes. I submitted a couple crash logs. I tried deleting, resetting preferences, and reinstalling no help at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used Creative Cloud apps for years, and now Photoshop is the only app that closes itself after a while with no warning. No crash report window appears because sometimes it closes even when idle. 

I've uninstalled Creative Cloud completely and reinstalled it and Photoshop and it still happens. All apps are up to date. How can I fix this?

Adobe Photoshop CC 23.0

Windwos 10 Pro

OS Version 19042.1288
Intel(R) UHD Graphics 750

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See workaround above.  Fix coming very soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renaming the Spaces folder "fixed" my Microsoft Surface Studio 1 from crashing when I tried to resize with a pinch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree 100%. Used 22.5 on saturday, no problem. used it again on SUnday and found my system had done an auto upgrade. How did I know? Aside form the differen tintro image, well crash crash crash crash every time using my cintiq wacom 24". upgraded drivers, and the only thing that worked was disabling GPD in preferences, which made everything move like mollasses. Not happening. So reverted for the first time in my subscription and disabled auto updates.

A terrible release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated my version to 23. 

I have a Dell Inspiron 2-n-1 with Active Pen. The pen works ok without crashing, but touch gestures crashes it after a few sec. It sends a crash report. I don't know where the log files are.

I disabled my GPU to see if that helped ... it didn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same damn problem.  Infuriating.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having the same issues with my surface pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@wight-st When you went back to the older version did you still experience crashes? I did, my older version is crashing, plus it is shutting down my computer. What is your experience?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the name of the "spaces" folder per the instructions and though it is not crashing upon trying to zoom on the touch screen, PS is running at dial up speeds.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am guessing that the attached is just an error.  I changed the file name, but still crashing, so solution is to... JUST NOT TOUCH THE SCREEN (lol).  Any updates from you fine folks at Adobe on when the real 'fix' will be coming?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this workaround and unfortunately it didn't work. I also opened photoshop with no third-party plugins running, still crashes when I draw. Please fix, this is horrible. I use a surface and don't have another method of drawing, it's the touch screen or mouse. I'll be installing an older Photoshop until the problem is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a touchscreen computer and every time I try to draw something using my stylus, it force closes. I've restarted my computer and have made sure I am updated, but it's still occurring. How can I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use your mouse. Just not fingers or stylus. If you have an active pen, that seems to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!

Same problem as everyone... impossible to work using my touch screen with the latest version .23

I sent the report, after each scratch... What are the update regarding the fix?

I see that this problem occur since few days... 

I will install the previous version, then... Good luck for the fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use your mouse is no good advice. Use the temporary and easy fix that is posted on top of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The temporary and easy fix at the top of the page does not work. I can draw for a few seconds, when I pull up the brushes panel it crashes again every time. Best fix is to go to a previous version of Photoshop and wait this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have thé same issue, very annoying since I'm not a computer wizard, just want thing to work for the money I pay monthly. Every year the same problems, some thin or another not working.... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, gestures of any kind crash the app. I sent a crash report. And reinstalled the previous 2021 version for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the crash reporter dialog might be disabled. See the instructions here to turn it back on: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html

Is your device a touch screen/pen enabled device?

Votes

Translate

Translate