• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 23.2.2 Share Button is distracting

Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In photoshop 2022 (version 23.2), photoshop implemented a Blue Share button in the

top right corner of the app workspace that is supposed to turn into a button of the sme color as

the other tool options bar icons.

With the latest 23.2.2 update the Blue Share button does not go away after first use as described

on this page under Easily find the Share button

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2022-1.html

I reset the photoshop preferences as i do after every photoshop update by trashing the preferences folder.

Share button that the Blue Share button is supposed to appear as after first use

sh1.png

In the 23.2.2 update the button still stays as a Blue Share button after first use

sh2.png

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Updating status.

Please use Preferences > Interface > Neutral Color Mode to adjust the Share button's color.

To learn more, see Use Preferences to set a neutral color scheme for Photoshop

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Finally an option to change the blue button to not blue 😁

2022-08-18 11_34_22-Untitled-1 @ 50% (RGB_8).png

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 205 Replies 205
205 Comments
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no interest to change anything, but thought adding new cell named ShareButtonText could be solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found your script. Much, much easier way to do the same thing. Thanks for that effort!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So before introducing 'Share' button the 'white cell' was not used to anything yet (we could easily notice)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kukurykus , as far as I understand, global colors are rarely used anywhere. Perhaps they were originally added to perform some color calculations at the interface level (this is supported by the fact that earlier in the application descriptor you could see all these colors, but now only the interfaceRed and interfaceWhite properties remain there. Other global colors are not mentioned. These variables are only for reading (I experimented with this before), but they are clearly taken from UIColors.txt, since by changing the global Red and White we will get a similar change in the values ​​in the descriptor)

modified UIColors.txt:

White:[
[0.00778198242188, 255, 60.0224304199219, 1],
[0.00778198242188, 255, 60.0224304199219, 1]
]

interfaceWhite from application desc:

"interfaceWhite": {
        "_obj": "interfaceColor",
        "interfaceColorBlue2": 60,
        "interfaceColorBlue32": 60,
        "interfaceColorGreen2": 255,
        "interfaceColorGreen32": 255,
        "interfaceColorRed2": 0,
        "interfaceColorRed32": 0
    },

At the moment, I found that white is only used in the memory allocation sliders (RAM and GPU) 

2022-03-20_21-05-05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i appreciate everyone trying to help people mitigate this issue for themselves until ADOBE ACTUALLY FIXES IT... but this is an issue that adobe must address themselves. its UNACCEPTABLE for adobe to expect users to come across a random support thread in this forum and make convoluted changes to configuration text files to get rid of this issue... and im sure these changes won't last and in a few versions we'll need another custom change to get this effect again.

its VERY SIMPLE for adobe to add a TOGGLE TO THE PREFERENCES PAGE that allows users to disable this button once and for all if they, like I, never want to see it again.

COME ON ADOBE. this better be fixed in the next version. your CUSTOMERS are paying you to not have to deal with issues like this.

BE BETTER.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Please Adobe remove this button color. It's disturbing. At least make it as the rest of the GUI - gray.

Thank you.

Patrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Accepted!

I can't work on latest version with this button. It looks like selected text, and my mind always want to tap Esc.
Please fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For now, you need to fix it yourself. You can use the script written by jazz-y.

UIColors

Click on the green Code button and download the .zip file. Open the .zip file, open the resulting folder, and place the file UIcolors.jsx in the /Applications/Adobe Photoshop 2022/Presets/Scripts folder. You will need to enter you admin password to copy the .jsx file into the folder. Launch Photoshop and click File > Scripts > UIColors.

Since I've already manually changed the values with TextEdit, it comes up showing the third dot of each item with my values, which correlates to the third row of values in the UIColors.txt file. The altered rows are White, ShareButtonShareButtonRollOver and ShareButtonSelectedRollOver.

Screen Shot 3.png

Screen Shot 4.png

Change those buttons to whatever color you want. When done, click the Save UIColors.txt button. Click Save in the standard file box that appears, then Replace.

Or, you can manually change the colors yourself. Here's my instructions again from page 2 of this topic.

I've modified this somewhat to make it a bit easier, and have discovered since then you don't need to modify as many lines.

Without much work, the user can fix this themselves. The link for the text file from Github in this topic is where this secondary method came from, but you don't need to download anything, and as with the script, you can make the button color any RGB value you want. These instructions are from a Mac. Sorry, I can't tell you the correct path to the file in Windows.

Close Photoshop!

1. Open this folder:

/Applications/Adobe Photoshop 2022/Adobe Photoshop 2022.app/Contents/Required/

To get there, you'll have to right click on the Photoshop app and choose Show Package Contents.

2. Copy the file UIColors.txt in the Required folder to your desktop. Make a backup of this file in case you ever want to go back to the original values.

Open your desktop copy in TextEdit. Do a search for Share. That will jump you right to the section you want to change. You only need to change the third line of each button label. Here, I changed the RGB values to 100 so the blue background of the button would be a darkish gray.

Screen Shot.png

Do the same with White if you want to mute the word Share down. As with the blue backgound, you only need to alter the third line. I made it a lighter gray than the background so it would still be readable.

Screen Shot 1.png

Save your changes.

3. Go back to the desktop copy of UIColors.txt you altered and copy that file into the folder where the original is. Choose to replace the original file and enter your admin password to complete the action.

Now when I open Photoshop, I get this nicely muted Share button.

Screen Shot 2.png

You might want to save your alterted copy of UIColors.txt as an update to PS may overwrite your file. Then you can replace it without having to do all of the steps again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't remove this annoying large Blue share button from options panel

I recently updated Photoshop to 23.2

Here is some tech data:

Adobe Photoshop Version: 23.2.2 20220304.r.325 49bf0ec x64 Number of Launches: 193 Operating System: Mac OS 12.3.0 System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:12, Stepping:0 with MMX

Please help me! It's really distract me in dark interface mode.

How I can turn it off? Or change this ugly blue color?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to completely remove it, but if you click on it to open the share panel, and then click Cancel it changes to a much less in-your-face icon.

image.png

I also wondered if there was anything in the Creative Cloud app. we used to be able to enble file sharing there if my memory is right.  I can't see that now, nor can I see anything that might affect the blue icon.  I'll be interested to see if anyone else has information on the share icon

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatelly this solution has been worked before update? Now I click on share button, click Cancel and .... nothing. Big blue Share button still here. I even tryed run Photoshop with Rosetta. Same thing.

What verion do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@misoa23835278css0  

The "solution" to click the ugly, annoying blue Share button, then cancel, worked in earlier versions, but does not in 23.2.2. 

@jazz-y  has written a script that some folks are using: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-photoshop-23-2-2-share-button-is-distracti...

Jane 

EDIT: added the final .2 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Trevor.Dennis 

That did work in version 23.2.1 but doesn't in version 23.2.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to mark @jane-e ’s post as the correct answer. 

Using the Script may not be as easy as hoped-for to get rid of this annoyance but as long as it works … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding my +1 that Adobe needs to fix this blue button of death. It's so glaring against the dark grey interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using the default theme colour, change the values to 83, 83, 83, 1.0 for the Share and White cells and it will hide the button completely.

Screenshot 2022-04-02 at 13.58.08.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This share button is one of the most useless things EVER written into Photoshop.

Thanks to this thread, I've edited the UIColors.txt for myself with the following values:

(On my PC the file is located here: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Required)

imrd1_0-1648985962118.png

Looks fine now for me. (Teilen = Share in German)

imrd1_1-1648985989337.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the UIColor for the Share Button worked for me, no more eyesore 😀

2022-04-03 15_30_50-Adobe Photoshop 2022.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree with this! This needs to be sorted Adobe!! ASAP!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the approach @jane-e described? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can amend the UIColor text file for the Share Button to any color you like, see no more blue and no need for a script

2022-04-07 12_05_40-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Script basically creates a replacement for the file, which is located in the program package (not sure what it’s called on Windows) and it can indeed also be edited »manually« with a text editor (if one circumvents possible permissions issues). (edited)

Screenshot 2022-04-07 at 13.34.06.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all. I changed the UIColor text file.

Adobe - This really shouldn't have to be amended by users. It's a terrible mistake!!

Votes

Translate

Translate