• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop can't open, freezes on splash image, uses all of ram trying to open then crashes.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have googled every possible variation of this problem and tried every fix for this problem, none of them worked. I have tried reinstalling photoshop, deleting everything even remotely related to photohop in the appdata, deleting custom fonts, restarting the computer, updating graphics and computer, and holding every possible combination of alt, ctrl and shift while trying to launch in administrator mode. The result is always the same. It opens the splash image, gets to loading preferences or brushes, spikes RAM usage to every last byte of RAM I have, freezes the computer, then crashes.

And no i'm not running it on a potato i'm running it on an Alienware Aurora 4090, it should have more than enough power to handle this and Photoshop ran perfectly fine for months. Then just today it crashed and has never started up again.

Photoshop version 25.11

Help.

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 06, 2024 Aug 06, 2024

UPDATE

We identified a problem with a recent Adobe update that caused Photoshop and several other Adobe beta apps to fail to launch. We’ve released an updated installer to fix this problem. Please download and install the latest Creative Cloud beta applications. This update should resolve the launch issue.

Thanks,

Cory - Photoshop Product Manager

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Aug 06, 2024 Aug 06, 2024

Hey, I solved the problem!!! Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to remove all the BETA applications... ALL of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 813 Replies 813
813 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2024 Aug 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanna bet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, I deleted all beta adobe software from my laptop and I can now open Ps. pretty poor show Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2024-08-11 at 4.05.10 PM.pngAdobe,

are you guys planning to fix this issue at all.Screenshot 2024-08-11 at 7.23.38 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

:headdesk: Beta software is for testing. Its incomplete and my be unstable, cause conflicts, crash, and so on. Don't install it on a production computer.

I'm pretty critical of Adobe's software quality and design, but betas don't fall under that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. It works. Remove every BETA.  I have Macbook Pro M1Pro  Sonoma 14.5 and it worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had this same issue. Removed all the beta apps I had installed and it finally worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same thing happen. Mac mini. Sonoma 14.6.1. Uninstalled all beta adobe apps. Trashed cache. Nothing I tried helped. I gave up, uninstalled photoshop and went back to 25.9.1 release, which seems to be working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue, my Photoshop freezes on the splash screen. The thing is, this issue applies only for Photoshop, every other adobe program that I own, can run perfectly fine. I still can't find a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-photoshop-can-t-open-freezes-on-splash-ima...

Turns out I had the beta of Adobe Encoder installed. Uninstalled that and now photoshop beta and regular are working again. 

That will do for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2024 Aug 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the pinned post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried that too, photoshop and in design both arent working and my work is being affected by this issue. Nothing seem to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it worked. phew

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Photoshop will not open on my desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which (exact) version of Photoshop and OS?
How much RAM and spare hard-disk capacity do you have?

Does this crashing happen all the time or just with one particular document / have you recently upgraded the version?
Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences back to the factory defaults?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attempting to open photoshop, gets to the artwork welcome screen, won't open any further. I have unisntalled, reinstalled, updated both system and app, still same result.

I have used the CC Cleaner tool, but this won't recognise photoshop and just removes from list with no prompts.

I have unisntalled CC and re installed. Kind of at a loss now. 

M2 MacBook Air 

16gb ram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This makes sense... I have just removed anything adobe and im currently re installing (all beta apps are now gone). I will update once theyre installed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

My Photoshop (both normal and beta versions) can't open the whole day and it seems to be stuck on "not responding" on my mac computer. It also seems to be taking up an unbelievable enormous amount of application memory space which is super bizarre, like about 92gb. I tried everything already like restarting the computer, and uninstalling and installing it back on again. I have about 150gb of free space currently. It seems to have happened after updating to the latest photoshop programs...

Thanks for helping me solve this weird issue !

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! Thanks for the heads up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to launch photoshop 2024 on my windows laptop however it won't launch and hangs the laptop. i always stops a reading prefernces. Similar this is happeing with illustrator. If anyone can help please doScreenshot 2024-08-12 153805.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved it by downloading the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool and uninstalling all the Betas.
Only then did things go back to normal. Here's the step-by-step guide:

https://helpx.adobe.com/br/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Adobe just sent an email to all registered users saying - This Bug will brick all your graphics apps -- and instead of spending hours or days trying to fix it - do this -- this forum wouldn't be filled with people wondering why something they're spending thousands on suddenly doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cory, is there a timeline for whaen we might be able to use the Betas again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! This "Reading Preferences" problem just started for me, in all updated Photoshop versions (beta and regular), the only one that worked for me was version 21.

How would I be able to "uncheck use graphics in performance tab" if I can't open Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were warned that beta software is for testing only and that it may not be stable. DO NOT INSTALL BETA SOFTWARE IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND THE RISKS. This is 100% on the users.

Votes

Translate

Translate