• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop CS6 extended suddenly reverted to an Extended version trial

LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2013 Jan 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now I get that message for the purchases of Adobe Photoshop CS 6 Extended. I have already purchased this license since last year. At the previous update is missed. Thought it would be resolved with the update of 13.0.3, apparently not.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013
This issue should be resolved by a new update pushed live tonight:

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/201...

Votes

Translate

Translate
69 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since days when starting Photoshop CS6 I get the message whether I will test the Extended Photoshop or register them. If never bought an Extended version and also I never downloaded a test version. How can I stop this message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. The licensing team is aware of this issue and are working on a fix. See Amy's explanation and workaround here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/49393...

I'm hoping they have fix out in the very near future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug Report - CS6 update (last update)

The update converted my regular CS6 to CS6 Extended. Now it keeps asking me for a serial number, and of course my CS6 number doesn't work. I contacted on-line chat support, but they were not able to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2013 Jan 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I fix it temporarily with my license number.
I hope that they fix it soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if the 30 days or passed ?
I hope to still work with my PS CS extended license !!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should still work if you enter your serial #, though this would have to be repeated if you quit and relaunch the app.

I'm hopeful they will get this corrected well before that happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been struck with this issue as well. Waiting for a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2013 Jan 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had something really strange happen, but first let me say I have the same problem as others here in this thread. However, today when I went to load CS, it opened up two instances. The first said I had 32,497 days left in the trial . The second said I had only 11 days left in the trial.

Odd. Maybe someone can pass on to the team investigating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and one instance the "About" was 13.0.3 x 64 Tryout and the other said 13.0.3 x64 Extended

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same two weeks ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope so to !!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2013 Jan 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded from CS5 to CS6. My computer keeps telling me I have a trial copy of CS6 Extended and I have to keep entering my serial number as a solution to get CS6 to open. I got this solution from a forum but would prefer a proper fix. When will this bug be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2013 Jan 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. The licensing team is aware of this issue and are working on a fix.

Workarounds here:

Trial screen displays when you open Photoshop CS6: http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/t...

The fix that will be released ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...just installed latest update (Ver 13.0.3) on our 64-bit Macs; now we are confronted with a pop up window each time PS CS6 loads informing us we no longer own our licensed copy -- it is now a 30-day trial! Packaged with this 'update' is a sales advertisement for the Extended version. In our opinion, there is no need for Adobe to include promo material for their various products with version updates -- as digital professionals we all know where to find the Adobe products and the various ways we can acquire and pay for their use. Up until now we have trusted Adobe to deliver robust software -- a reasonable assumption when one considers the cost of a product license or term lease. However, it seems Adobe's anti-piracy scheme is now riding roughshod over the needs of legitimate users. Each day we enter our product serial number so as to gain access to our legal copy. After our '30-day trial' expires we have not been advised what will happen. Photoshop pays our bills. If we are denied that ability because Adobe has removed our right to use this product, we will take legal action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2013 Jan 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, same thing has been happening to me with the CS6 Production Suite. It's bad enough that you haven't fixed the memory leaks and slowness with Photoshop CS6, or that you're giving the leasers feature updates we don't get as paid users, but to add insult to injury your licensing is broken. This is the major problem with online activation -- hurts paying customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed photoshop cs6 two months ago and it was working fine for awhile. All of a sudden photoshop cs6 extended is now running and a message comes on to license the extended version every time I boot up the program.
What gives and how do I go back to my original cs6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2013 Jan 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS6 keeps asking for the serial number, however I've registered the product and it was downloaded directly from the Adobe website. It is an upgrade from CS5, CS4, etc. and purchased on 6-12-12. I have the receipts and screen shots to prove it, but now the program says the "trial" is over and wants me to register the program? Under About Photoshop is has the little "extended" in light blue letters? I'm assuming this is the problem, but again I have screen shots to prove the download was CS6, not CS6 extended. HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2013 Jan 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have buy with amazone a update PSCS6 for my MAC PRO. My serial work but i have to enter it and connect to internet everyday !!! I need à solution.

Best regards.
Guillaume

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2013 Jan 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem happened on my work and home computers. It is not only on Photoshop but also the whole CS6. Very Very frustrated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2013 Jan 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on Adobe! Can't you solve a simple problem of registration and update downloads? You are in a niche market, and hold all the aces. You are letting yourself down pretty badly!
If I cannot update my PSCS6, I want my money back, and will live quite happily with PSCS5 and all the available extensions from other suppliers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are solving it (as you can see from the previous posts) - but patches take time, and some time was lost due to holidays.

This problem should not stop you from updating, but may cause some delays when you launch Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

OK, I will be patient and wait until I can update to 13.0.1 and 13.0.3. But isn't it a risk as the 13.0.1 update is supposed to improve security? Should I just not use CS6, but go back to CS5?
Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can keep using CS6 13.0.3 - but you may have to enter your serial number or log-in until the patch is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops Chris, you may have mistaken my problem. I cannot update period! neither 13.0.1 or 13.0.3!

Votes

Translate

Translate