• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Quick Export not working

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I keep having the problem with quick export not working. I have to quit Photoshop and go back in to get it functioning. This messes up my work flow is this a known issue or is it just me.

Windows 10 - 64 bit
most recent update to Photoshop CC 2015

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 110 Replies 110
110 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You tried to sound cool and all, but you failed. Just "installing" the latest version don't fix the issues. You need to uninstall old versions, RESTART/REBOOT the computer so it refreshes any old data, and solves any conflicts in the system, and then you install the latest version, clearly something that a well-informed savvy person would already know.

I hope you solve your issues. Good luck. ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 25, 2016 Dec 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can reproduce that if you try to quick export a file to times in a row, so that the second export it called before the first is finished (while filetranscoder.exe doing something on the background).
The exported psd must be big enough, so that filetranscoder.exe would take some time to convert image and you would have enogh time to call quick export the second time before the filetranscoder.exe is done converting the first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2016 Dec 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this might be an important clue. I wonder if others export a big PSD, or too quick exports in a row...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im currently in cc 2017, i install it on windows and mac... on Mac nothing is wrong, but on windows... the quick export doesnt work.

ive tried uninstall, then re-install it... doesnt work..

Ive tried Uninstall, Restart the computer, and re-install.. still doesnt work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the latest version? It got fixed for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to export this: https://bsshop.cz/screenshots/2017-01-19_162250.png as SVG. Loading never ends. PNG is ok. CC 2017.0.0

I will check it with 0.1 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that its because of interference with saving. Can you disable Export options while saving operation is going on in background?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm the same problem is happening to me on a mac with the latest everything installed (macOS 10.12.3 & photoshop cc 2017 v2017.0.1).

Also note that I did both an uninstall (using the option to delete ALL preferences) and re-install yesterday, so it's as close to a clean install one can get without reformatting the entire system first.

The reason for the re-install yesterday was upon launching photoshop I got an error indicating I needed to re-install (and online guides for the exact error message & code I was getting suggesting changing library folder permissions did not fix the issue).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a link from adobe.com to download the .exe executable installer directly instead of using the Creative Cloud. The CC is buggy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now Quick Export as PNG not working. CC 2017.0.1
Export As is showing dialog but image processing never ends so I can't save.

I run Quick export fast after saving PSD file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I scanned through some of the above comments, but maybe this will help shed some light on how to avoid the issue...

I am able to reproduce a problem 100% of the times I forget and get in a hurry.

If I save an open psd file, then right click on the artboard in my layers panel and select Quick Export as JPG while the psd file is still in the process of saving, the dialog box for the quick export fails to open. Once this happens, selecting Quick Export will continuously fail to open the dialog box until Photoshop has been restarted.

The issues appears to be a failure of Quick Export when Photoshop is performing other save processes in the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was starting to suspect that being the issue for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so incredibly helpful (a solid repro case)!  Logging this bug, setting to high priority and assigning it to the appropriate engineer to look at and fix.  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just made the update to Photoshop CC 2017 and trying to quick export PNG (NOT WORKING).  Trying to use the Export as feature and it just circles and circles and circles and circles.  It has been circling for 10 minutes now.  This feature doe NOT work and I need this in order to create my Watermark to LightRoom...  When did you stop letting "save as" a png be an option in the "save as" area?  I need to convert my new logo.

ANY HELP would be most appreciated, especially if you can fix my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW - this is the 2nd time in two months there has been a problem with Photoshop after an update from creative cloud. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When my Photoshop quits exporting, the quick fix is to save everything, quit Photoshop, and then reopen it. Once open, I do the quick save as png or a save for web and select png before anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michele,
File > Save As... should still support and have PNG in the Format drop down.  If that's not the case for you, something might have gone wrong on install.  We have a bug logged that we're currently looking at, where Quick Export and Export As... stop working if you attempt access those commands while your current file is being saved.  Chad Drewery's workaround is the current best solution to get them working again. You should also be able to save as PNG via File > Export > Save for Web (Legacy)...  Hope that is helpful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a really old post and has been fixed for quite some time. However, another issue after the most recent update. When I try to transfer multiple shots from lightroom to phtoshop as layers, I get the same message, I need to upgrade the raw image editor to 6.10 or I will have issues. It IS on version 6.10, and to make sure I RELOADED version 6.10 and still get the message. Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This most defiantly has not been fixed again!!!! hence my return to see if adobe have pulled there fingers out but alas no. i cant do an export as its painfully slow so I'm trying to do a quick export. guess what doesn't work again like the last 3 updates. art boards have been one of the worst features ever added to photoshop, rushed through to keep up with sketch but poorly done. and yes I'm updated to the latest photoshop did it last week as having these issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here. I'm wasting so much time with this problem. Come on Adobe!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jenn,  
We're working on this and still narrowing down a solid reproducible case.  I've been able to get into this state where it stops working by trying to access Quick Export and/or Export As.. while the current doc is being saved.  Can you confirm that this is what is happening for you?  If you quit and restart does Quick Export work again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not fixed, Jack. I'm running the latest update and when working on multiple files, the quick export option randomly stops functioning at all. Sometimes it works 15 times, then it stops and you have to quit and restart Photoshop. Sometimes it works once then stops. This is really annoying. I've always used "save for web" but it always defaults to the last folder used. I just want to save it to the same folder as my psd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chad, I'm having this issue as well... but it's random. I work on multiple files at a time and need to export jpegs for proofing. I've always used "save for web" but it annoyingly defaults to the last folder you used, not the current folder for the file you're working on. I just recently discovered "quick export as jpeg" which would be great if it had a shortcut command. Also if it worked consistently. It will sometimes work 15 times in a row, then it just stops responding. Nothing happens. Sometimes it will work once, then it stops. The only fix I've found is to quit and restart Photoshop, which is incredibly annoying. It's killing my production time at work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And in all cases, I've just saved the file and it has finished saving. Then I export my jpeg. I'm not exporting while the save function is running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok... so I've just discovered that I can use the hotkeys for "Export As..." the same way I did for "Save for Web." It's a little slower, but at least it chooses the root folder from your psd as a starting point. Very nice. Question for you... why does it consider the file altered and require another save if I use "Export As..." as opposed to the quick export option, which doesn't?

Votes

Translate

Translate